• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'd put in money, but paypal and my bank are just not working together at all. The deposits I need to confirm my bank account just are not showing up even after multiple attempts at adding the account.

Not sure my $25 would make a big difference at this point, but any help would be better than nothing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
About time this thing gets stickied to remind everyone :p

3 days without an update. Have we even received any more money since then?

*losing hope*

I have Aladeen News and 'Aladeen' News.

Aladeen News: Yeah, it's been very slow. I set up mobile notifications for everything to get alerts when donations are made.

'Aladeen' News: We've hit 34%!

61 Backers
$1700/5,000 (34%) PLEDGED!
(Average of $28 per Inn Keeper!)
Biggest donation: $250.00!!

Sera O

Banned
Bumping! Hopefully this will pick up again before the end. An inn would be great. I'll kick some more in next week if I can.

Alright guys, moment of truth.

This didn't pick up as greatly as I was expecting. A lot of us are excited about it but some either can't use paypal, don't have the money or have already invested in Kickstarter that paying more doesn't make sense.

So, which that said, If I don't see no progress by Monday, I am unfortunately going to cancel the pledge to give chance to others that are more willing. Don't want to sit on the reward the last minute that others are willing to gladly take over.

I'm still optimistic and excited but the past week was bleak. Last donation was September 27th.

I will gladly refund all the money to those that believed in this. Thank you all for the amazing support, thank you mods for giving complete freedom to the community and special thanks to the top donators, you know who you all are! <3

t1350435600z1.png

P.S. I have a few ideas on how to make this possible and will have to PM a few people but it's a last resort.
Thread getting stickied would help! C'mon GAF! LET'S DO THIS!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you don't make this, how about using the money gathered for something else, to save the headache of all the individual refunds? Eg donating to child's play on behalf of GAF?

zkylon

zkylewd
If you don't make this, how about using the money gathered for something else, to save the headache of all the individual refunds? Eg donating to child's play on behalf of GAF?
Wouldn't mind my small contribution going to Child's Play but some guys went for 250$ and I think they should get consulted if this were the case.

It sucks we couldn't raise this much :/

Corto

I'm all for this. But it needs to be a a consensual decision, yes.

Romir

PayPal has a refund button on each transaction page so it isn't very involved going down the list of payments received and refunding them one after another.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I don't know if maybe people aren't donating because of they see no personalization for themselves or something?

Maybe it would be more of an incentive for someone to donate to the inn if there was a plaque or monument in the inn that is readable. It would be dedicated to "The builders of this inn", with a name of each of the people that donated towards the NeoGAF Inn. Real names or username's, whatever preference the donator has.

Sharp

I don't know if maybe people aren't donating because of they see no personalization for themselves or something?

Maybe it would be more of an incentive for someone to donate to the inn if there was a plaque or monument in the inn that is readable. It would be dedicated to "The builders of this inn", with a name of each of the people that donated towards the NeoGAF Inn. Real names or username's, whatever preference the donator has.
That was the intention of the band of heroes variant of the pledge, which GAF voted against.

Trojita

That was the intention of the band of heroes variant of the pledge, which GAF voted against.

The band of heroes thing was limited to like 5 people. At most it would have been fair if five members had donated $1,000 each to appear in the NeoGAF band. Voting members would have been fun but I'm sure a mess. Does the whole community get to decide or the donators? Is the decision weighted based on donations?

~Kinggi~

Banned
This was a good idea shagg but im not quite sure its gonna work out. I could see it working however if a special reward was made for our group that got everyone that donated at least 25$ a copy of the game along with contribution toward an inn, but that goes against the idea of the 5k reward, and would have to be arranged by Obsidian.

Trojita

This was a good idea shagg but im not quite sure its gonna work out. I could see it working however if a special reward was made for our group that got everyone that donated at least 25$ a copy of the game along with contribution toward an inn, but that goes against the idea of the 5k reward, and would have to be arranged by Obsidian.

I was just thinking this too, but I was thinking more about a GAF community reward for donating $25. Maybe the user could pick their own tag? Or a special badge next to their tag (Similar to the soccer flags?)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Aw no :( Looks rather unlikely.

I discussed that with Obsidian. I don't think they can make any changes. I have been thinking about getting everyone who donated beta access regardless of how much they donated.

I'll shoot them an email soon.

Corto

Ok, I need to get out of here before I get caught in the moment and do something stupid. hehehehe Here's to you Shagg, crossing my fingers that we still reach this in the end.

1stStrike

Banned
If you can guarantee that you're not going to just refund everyone and nothing will come out of it then I'll be happy to chip in at least $30.

If you can guarantee that you're not going to just refund everyone and nothing will come out of it then I'll be happy to chip in at least $30.

I'm sorry. I don't understand the question.

P.S. A question to those that donated: do you all still want to raffle to go the way it's supposed to or you don't care and just want to participate in creating a kickass Inn, NPC and weapon?

1stStrike

Banned
I'm sorry. I don't understand the question.

I read this:

So, which that said, If I don't see no progress by Monday, I am unfortunately going to cancel the pledge to give chance to others that are more willing. Don't want to sit on the reward the last minute that others are willing to gladly take over.

I'm still optimistic and excited but the past week was bleak. Last donation was September 27th.

I will gladly refund all the money to those that believed in this.

And was a bit worried about donating. If it's just going to end with people's money being refunded then it seems silly for me to donate at this point.

I read this:

And was a bit worried about donating. If it's just going to end with people's money being refunded then it seems silly for me to donate at this point.

Ahh, that. A lot of people have pledged this weekend. It picked up the pace quite well and I really want to see this going through.

I will do my best to keep this alive, though I can't keep the money if nothing comes through it, can I? Don't think I can force the money down Obsidian's throat in hopes of them giving us the chance. I'm sure people will feel ripped off if I don't refund them their money.

With that said, if people do donate like what you're planning to do so, we won't have to go through the refund process! :)

I am providing a money-back guarantee (if that makes sense) where people enthusiastic about it don't get screwed. They've trusted me in keeping it as safe and secure. I'm keeping my side of the promise.

With that said, I'm going to email everyone that donated (since their share is far bigger than mine) and see what resolution I can come up with. I'm optimistic and always will be!

Top Bottom