• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Specs Leak are Real, Releasing Holiday 2024(Insider Gaming)

Metnut

With the pro being this strong, Xbox games coming to PS5, and stuff like FF7 R being PS5 exclusive for while, think I’m gonna pass on getting the PC I was thinking about.

There’s just no point for me when the consoles are this strong and get all the games

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Specs seem kinda high, but maybe Sony knows this gen started late, covid etc and seeing they have a commanding lead want to extend this gen past typical timeframes. This beefed up ps5 would reduce the gap any Xbox might try to have with an early next gen launch.

This would force Microsoft to either go major big and expensive for next gen in order to show a difference, or possibly force them to make a pro console later and allow Sony to keep the momentum for longer.

The system sounds like a big jump from previous pro consoles but like they stated in that video it desperately needs more ram to be a true beast!

Bojji

I think a lot of people will ignore comments like this. If the CPU is still Zen 2 (which it was always going to be) then resolution will be bumped and FPS might be more stable in some cases, but 30fps games will still be 30fps for the most part.

This won't change much for CPU limited games for sure. If GTA 6 is cpu limited then it will remain limited to 30 or maybe 40fps.

But most games are gpu limited so bump in resolution plus upscaling with quality similar to xess at least will produce good results, just don't upscale from 720p dear developers...

midnightAI

There's literally zero games out right now or coming in the near future I would consider buying a PS5 Pro for.
You don't think that when this is announced you won't see games shown for it at the same time? (My guess is this is why we haven't seen much first party is because they'd rather show the games in the best light on Pro)

I've literally never in my life heard someone say "damn I gotta buy a new Xbox for GTA6"

Its always PS5

Now it will be PS5 Pro

For me ill get one for GTA6 and New ND game
I'm talking about whether Sony is going to do the marketing or not, not about what a random guy is going to think

Is Sony going to spend millions to get the GTAVI marketing and even some exclusive missions or not?

the implications of that decision could signify a lot of things.

there is no need, Xbox is dead.
there is no need, we are so ahead.
there is no need, our release cadece is fixed.
we still have COD marketing deal for the next one.
We don't have COD marketing therefore we need the next big thing.
So on and so forth.

is crazy to think that the next GTA game will be a PS7 release, which could mean a strong partnership now (with this release) could have a generation worth positive impact for the next console.

Edit : Especially if Xbox gets sronger over the next 10 years.

Last edited:
He doesn't miss with PS hardware

When Tom says something is coming you can book it
He said the pro was coming in 2023 already though 🤷‍♂️

Edit - my mistake. He said in April 2023, that we should hear more about the ps5 pro in the next couple of months. Definitely wrong lol

Also disclaimers is when I don’t respect people’s predictions or leaks. If you don’t know for sure, STFU 🤫 😂
AlytJsS.png

Last edited:

Bojji

doesn't the leak say 45% more ?
Seems about the same as ps4 pro

In teraflops this is 1.67x of PS5 while pro was 2.33x of PS4. I don't know where they get that 45% when terflop numbers say something completely different.

This won't change much for CPU limited games for sure. If GTA 6 is cpu limited then it will remain limited to 30 or maybe 40fps.

But most games are gpu limited so bump in resolution plus upscaling with quality similar to xess at least will produce good results, just don't upscale from 720p dear developers...
If GTA 6 is 60fps on console, I'd be shocked.

Sleepwalker

In teraflops this is 1.67x of PS5 while pro was 2.33x of PS4. I don't know where they get that 45% when terflop numbers say something completely different.

I mean theres a guy earlier in this thread saying Jensen and nvidia cant cope with the ps5 pro, im not sure why you are so surprised that people have wild takes lol

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Supposedly the clocks are only 2.18GHz, lower than the base PS5 so the rest of the components impacted by clock speed would see a much lower increase. It could also be that the bandwidth improvement isn't very high.

That or it could also be that the 45% increase is pure nonsense because it would put the Pro on the level of an RX 6800 which is kind of weak.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
With the pro being this strong, Xbox games coming to PS5, and stuff like FF7 R being PS5 exclusive for while, think I’m gonna pass on getting the PC I was thinking about.

There’s just no point for me when the consoles are this strong and get all the games

PS5 Pro specs are similar to a mid-tier PC. It’ll be a nice upgrade but still won’t compare to high-end stuff, particularly when compared nVidia products with DLSS/frame gen/ray reconstruction.

Celcius

°Temp. member
PS5 Pro specs are similar to a mid-tier PC. It’ll be a nice upgrade but still won’t compare to high-end stuff, particularly when compared nVidia products with DLSS/frame gen/ray reconstruction.
Not to mention the other PC perks like free online, not needing PS+ to backup your local saves, mods, etc...

rofif

Banned
Do you have it in the 120Hz mode?
120hz mode is lower res. Not full 4k.
60hz mode is 4k but AA is weak
"
  • Rendering 45% faster than PS5
"
Seems clear to me
It'll probably be more like 1080p vs 4k when you factor in the upscaling quality and the RT strength. The 45% raw improvement isn't the headline here, at all.
probably true....

Quantum253

doesn't the leak say 45% more ?
Seems about the same as ps4 pro
I've been seeing this discussed. I thought the PS4>Pro was around 25-30% jump where the 8 core Jaguar got a slight boost (somewhere between 1.5-2.2ghz), but the APU doubled in speed 18/20 w/ a significant boost to speed. Making it a jump to 1.8[ *4 TFLOPs (probably more around 3 in performance). Wouldn't PS5 be going from 10.8 to almost 30?
I don't know, a bigger jump from ps4 to ps4 pro still seems less than a ps5 to ps5 pro simply that it's signficantly stronger than the last jump in performance and capability.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Its like straight from the documentation. this is basically a 6800 which is similar in tflops at around 16.2 tflops. if you look at techpowerup and compare it to 6600xt which is 10.7 tflops, you will see that the 6800 is 55% more powerful on average.

45% means they are being bottlenecked somehow. likely similar to whats happened with the xsx. maybe extra CUs without infinity cache is the bottleneck.

what this definitely means is that there is no IPC gains from RDNA2 to RDNA4. Huge disappointment.

lets hope the ray tracing performance gives it a decent edge but there are so few ray traced games out there that it might not even matter outside of 2-3 big games every year. last year, avatar, star wars and spiderman 2 were the biggest ray traced games and if we can get 2x more performance in games like that, great. but the vast majority of AAA games are still not using ray tracing. especially not in their performance modes.

shamoomoo

Specs seem kinda high, but maybe Sony knows this gen started late, covid etc and seeing they have a commanding lead want to extend this gen past typical timeframes. This beefed up ps5 would reduce the gap any Xbox might try to have with an early next gen launch.

This would force Microsoft to either go major big and expensive for next gen in order to show a difference, or possibly force them to make a pro console later and allow Sony to keep the momentum for longer.

The system sounds like a big jump from previous pro consoles but like they stated in that video it desperately needs more ram to be a true beast!
Is it really? A GPU bump with some customization and the same CPU but with faster clocks seem rather modest to me.

Kerotan

This year seems like a stretch, the PS5 Slim just came out a few months ago. I just got a PS5 though so the Pro will probably release next month.
The slim is basically the exact same. It's just a cost cutting measure for Sony. Pro will be this year and I'm delighted the focus is higher frames at 4k.

8k support is good because it gets the ball rolling. This will be more relevant with the PS6 and 6 pro. But it has to start somewhere. Give the TV guy's some motivation to move up.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
He said the pro was coming in 2023 already though 🤷‍♂️

Edit - my mistake. He said in April 2023, that we should hear more about the ps5 pro in the next couple of months. Definitely wrong lol

Also disclaimers is when I don’t respect people’s predictions or leaks. If you don’t know for sure, STFU 🤫 😂
AlytJsS.png
100% it was ready to go last year and Sony shelved it for awhile for whatever reason

shamoomoo

Supposedly the clocks are only 2.18GHz, lower than the base PS5 so the rest of the components impacted by clock speed would see a much lower increase. It could also be that the bandwidth improvement isn't very high.

That or it could also be that the 45% increase is pure nonsense because it would put the Pro on the level of an RX 6800 which is kind of weak.
30 WPGs clocked at 2.2 would get 67 TFLOPS in FP16,so the clock rate would be almost exactly the same as the base PS5.

100% it was ready to go last year and Sony shelved it for awhile for whatever reason
Probably lack of game reasons. Also, I’m just fooling, I know he is pretty much spot on 90% of the time, just stirring the pot lol. I imagine they shifted a year because there really weren’t a lot of reasons for last year game wise. I have a strong feeling Sony is about to announce some heavy hitters for this holiday, even if they aren’t “existing franchises” like people had a cow about a couple of weeks ago.

Edit - orrrr, people will probably cut my head off, but the Xbox exclusive, but no longer exclusive thing was in the works, and they were waiting on that. Still saying Starfield this holiday on ps5. Could you imagine the meltdown if there is actually a ps5 pro Starfield bundle?

Last edited:

jm89

Everytime someone complains about that 8k bit, it's like their family member got attacked by cerny or some shit.

Time to let it go folks.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Its like straight from the documentation. this is basically a 6800 which is similar in tflops at around 16.2 tflops. if you look at techpowerup and compare it to 6600xt which is 10.7 tflops, you will see that the 6800 is 55% more powerful on average.

45% means they are being bottlenecked somehow. likely similar to whats happened with the xsx. maybe extra CUs without infinity cache is the bottleneck.

what this definitely means is that there is no IPC gains from RDNA2 to RDNA4. Huge disappointment.

lets hope the ray tracing performance gives it a decent edge but there are so few ray traced games out there that it might not even matter outside of 2-3 big games every year. last year, avatar, star wars and spiderman 2 were the biggest ray traced games and if we can get 2x more performance in games like that, great. but the vast majority of AAA games are still not using ray tracing. especially not in their performance modes.
I was expecting it to be on the level of a 7800 XT/4070. I'm still hoping that these clocks maybe will be increased.

Top Bottom