• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price: $399/399/£349/¥44,980, no camera/move, launching October

A bit off topic, but are there any current Move games for PS4?

Johann Sebastian Joust
Little Big Planet 3
Octodad
Omega Quintet

Those four apparently also support Move. I've only played LBP3 out of the lot and I don't believe I ever got around to trying Move with it so I can't really back any of that up. Source was from this list.

Damn, just found out about the $500 bundle. I think I'm gonna try to jump on it. I already have a PS4 camera. I think I'll just flip the extra camera to Gamestop for some PSN credit.

MADGAME

I would like to know this as well...
You know what, I think Blue Estate might work. It's an on-rails shooter that's... actually kind of obnoxious lol.

Sportsfriends comes to mind.

Johann Sebastian Joust
Little Big Planet 3
Octodad
Omega Quintet

Those four apparently also support Move. I've only played LBP3 out of the lot and I don't believe I ever got around to trying Move with it so I can't really back any of that up. Source was from this list.
Thanks! I had an itch to pull out all the Move stuff, but was curious what was on PS4. Doesn't seem like much. Maybe I'll fire up the PS3 instead.

cory64

No it only runs on New PS4i XL

I was hacked!

V4qKW0v.gif

Planet

I think Blue Estate might work.
It would have been a perfect match, but the developer didn't care to implement it, so no.

AFAIK there is also Angry Birds: Star Wars, Hustle Kings and the Just Dance series that support it. And Omega Quintet lets you dance in the background and throw sparks around with the Move... XD

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
so how big are the chances that the description of the 399 set in EU was outdated/wrong by amazon and it's actually the 499 set including camera/move/software, and all EU preorders will be upgraded?

I know :<

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Those move controllers look retarded with the glowing orbs, If not full blown gloves, couldn't they design something akin to a band that wraps around the palms, similiar to brass knuckles? The headset alone is ridiculous.

It'd be much better with cool gloves and sunglasses style VR headset. Then you wouldn't look silly while you're jumping around your living room going pew pew at enemies that nobody in the room can see.

So cool.

Those move controllers look retarded with the glowing orbs, If not full blown gloves, couldn't they design something akin to a band that wraps around the palms, similiar to brass knuckles? The headset alone is ridiculous.

It's not like you'll be wearing it to a strip club or an MS GDC meet and greet party, so who cares.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
does anyone know what headphones the users are wearing in the PS VR RIGS promo video on the PSN Store?
Do you have a link or where? PSN stores are region specific so where you found, if it was on PS4, then someone could help.

Edit: Man that sentence is fucked. Don't try to multi-task. :D

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jesus christ the NOW generation personafied thread. People ordering accessories months ahead of launch, before preorders even up. Now people throwing a hissy fit and cancelling orders over a single tweet. Calm the fuck down people and have a smidgeon of patience.

So much THIS!

Daft Punk

Banned
Jesus christ the NOW generation personafied thread. People ordering accessories months ahead of launch, before preorders even up. Now people throwing a hissy fit and cancelling orders over a single tweet. Calm the fuck down people and have a smidgeon of patience.

bellatrix-lestrange-i-dont-like-to-be-kept-waiting.gif

This needs to be repeated or stickied at the top of every new page.

This needs to be repeated or stickied at the top of every new page.

Except they forgot to mention it should be $649.99 Canadian not $699.99 that part is what pisses me off the most, our dollar is shit as it is, no need to further add disparity.

Obviously it will be offered without the accessories at some point, but get rekt with the extra Canadian tax.

Seriously, quit toying with us Sony.

After a relatively smooth launch for the PS4, this seems like an uncharacteristic blunder by Sony. I wonder if manufacturing issues or poor anticipation of demand are to blame?
It's most likely similar to the PS3 launch situation - they had two models, a $500 20GB system and a $600 60GB deluxe system. They only really made the $500 system so they could advertise a cheaper price, and then they released it in such tiny numbers compared to the $600 model it shouldn't have even counted as a launch. Then they discontinued it as soon as possible, because they lost a lot more money on the $500 model than the $600 model (at the time they announced the discontinuation reason as because the $600 one was more popular, which was accurate because the $500 version couldn't be found in stores so people bought the pricier one instead).

Sony doesn't really want to sell the headset-only package, they only announced it so they could market the PSVR as a $400 device rather than a $500 device. The camera, two moves, and game collection definitely don't cost Sony $100 to manufacture/package, so that extra $100 gives them a lot more money per unit sold.

Any one in the uk that is interested GAME are promising day one delivery. They got 6000 units for launch so pre orders are obviously slowing now. Good for the peeps that want to experience this day one.

I don't think the demand is as big as people thought initially.

It's most likely similar to the PS3 launch situation - they had two models, a $500 20GB system and a $600 60GB deluxe system. They only really made the $500 system so they could advertise a cheaper price, and then they released it in such tiny numbers compared to the $600 model it shouldn't have even counted as a launch. Then they discontinued it as soon as possible, because they lost a lot more money on the $500 model than the $600 model (at the time they announced the discontinuation reason as because the $600 one was more popular, which was accurate because the $500 version couldn't be found in stores so people bought the pricier one instead).

Sony doesn't really want to sell the headset-only package, they only announced it so they could market the PSVR as a $400 device rather than a $500 device. The camera, two moves, and game collection definitely don't cost Sony $100 to manufacture/package, so that extra $100 gives them a lot more money per unit sold.

Some of this makes sense and some of it seems so far off point :/

Quick question... I keep hearing about motion sickness from prolonged use of VR... For anyone who has used VR, do the virtual "theater" type applications also cause motion sickness? I mean, if you watch a 2 hour movie in VR, will you get any disorientation?

Quick question... I keep hearing about motion sickness from prolonged use of VR... For anyone who has used VR, do the virtual "theater" type applications also cause motion sickness? I mean, if you watch a 2 hour movie in VR, will you get any disorientation?

I have a dk2 and some people suffer really badly with vr. I expect a lot of horror stories when these things get released. My sister in law had to spend a full day in bed after about an hour on my dk2. She was playing games tho. Not tried watching a full film

This might sound weird, but one thing thats really keeping me from ordering PSVR is all the cables and stuff that it requires, not to mention the move controllers and camera.

Number45

My youngest daughter is hyped for this. More reason for me to pick one up.

This might sound weird, but one thing thats really keeping me from ordering PSVR is all the cables and stuff that it requires, not to mention the move controllers and camera.
I can understand about the cables (power draw must be massive though, I can't see something like this going wireless and being usable for a while) but why an issue with the camera and Move controllers? Move isn't required and the camera will be needed for spatial awareness as far as I know.

DavidDesu

Once all the power cables and HDMI from PS4 > processing unit > TV are all tucked away it's really just the cable to the headset and your headphone cables plugging into to the headset cable. It's not that bad. Will be an unholy mess for anyone just connecting it up and chucking it behind their TV cabinet (me) on that first day impatiently setting it all up.

Vinter

Any word on price and date in Scandinavia?

When i preordered at my local retailer (gamestop) they only had a temporary price of 500 dollars. The date was October 25th I believe, but based on what the cashier said, final price and date is not confirmed.

And I'm sure that the 2 move controllers, game and camera cost nothing to Sony along with the heavier package? Come on dude.

Watching movies doesn't get you nausea or motion sickness; the virtual screen is fixed and your motion only involves the angle and distance from said screen (just like looking at a real one).

Never had problems (and I've had issues playing games, so I'm not immune).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

Not weird at all. I'm actually kind of dreading setting up Vive and PSVR. Gear VR is nice because it's just the one headset you pop your phone into -- no wires whatsoever unless you want headphones. Obviously it's not 1/10th of the experience of the serious VR solutions though. But then again I'm the guy who bought Samba maracas and two sets of Virtual ON Twin Sticks and the like so this is kind of in my ballpark.

Move units? You mean VR units surely?

Also Sony have 7 months and all they can muster is 12k per country? Andrew House said they would be well stocked by launch yesterday.

Late response but yeah I mean PSVR.

I don't know, it was just what the rep said. The game employees did verify though, that they were only taking 10 preorders per store in the UK. So I'm not expecting huge supply, otherwise that limitation wouldn't be in place.

Top Bottom