• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price: $399/399/£349/¥44,980, no camera/move, launching October

I'm glad we finally have a specific time now. I am surprised it's that late, though. Imagine going through this another four days and not knowing!

I don't have a camera, and I guess it'll be nice to have two additional Move controllers and a game. It sucks for those that already have the additional components, though.

PJV3

Sony probably want the bundle price lodged in people's minds before talking about the headset only deal.

PSVR CAMERA MOVE BUNDURU!!

Already have the camera, so it'd be cheaper to just snag some cheap move controllers, but now I must buy BUNDURU in order to secure my unit.

Why oh why must Sony swallow the fly?

Kyolux

Wow.. That's messed up Sony.

I'm not giving you an extra $150 for something I've bought already years ago.

I bet the standalone versions will be rare too. Ugh.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
But, I want this bundle in the UK. Have to buy everything separately :(

TBH I am not thinking of getting Move day 1, but at that bundle price it would be a no brainer.

Hasney

But, I want this bundle in the UK. Have to buy everything separately :(

TBH I am not thinking of getting Move day 1, but at that bundle price it would be a no brainer.

Buying everything seperately would likely be cheaper assuming VR Worlds is £30 RRP rather than a full price game.

jobrro

Eh huge fan of Sony for Vita, PS3 and PS4. Was hyped for project Morpheus since the early days. After last E3 I thought Sony were gods. After the F5ing Amazon the last 48 hours, at the end of my tether, this is announced.

Fine, I won't preorder. I'll pick it up 6 months or so months down the track from launch day if it has a decent track record, some good titles behind it and probably at a discount - without the bundle.

vypek

From the other thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198592709&postcount=249

e81usRB.png

Ombala

Eh huge fan of Sony for Vita, PS3 and PS4. Was hyped for project Morpheus since the early days. After last E3 I thought Sony were gods. After the F5ing Amazon the last 48 hours, at the end of my tether, this is announced.

Fine, I won't preorder. I'll pick it up 6 months or so months down the track from launch day if it has a decent track record, some good titles behind it and probably at a discount - without the bundle.
What if you can buy the headset standalone at launchday just not pre-order it.

vypek

Ah, so it's poor messaging then.

Seems so. The complete bundle that people wanted will be available in multiple waves. I think they just don't have exact info for the VR only SKU since they say "at the moment" and you can email sign up for info.

crimnos

Seems so. The complete bundle that people wanted will be available in multiple waves. I think they just don't have exact info for the VR only SKU since they say "at the moment" and you can email sign up for info.

All right, this makes me hopeful again. Thanks for posting that.

jobrro

Because the bundle is up for pre-order before the standalone unit? We're still seven months away from launch.

After announcing it two days ago, being able to preorder it hours after that announcement in other countries, saying that first day they would announce details soon? If they came out shortly after and said preorders for bundle are coming 22nd of March, preorders of the standalone unit are coming 5th of May (random dates) then that would have been fine. Am I overreacting? Probably. To me personally, does it feel like Sony has been trolling us? Yes.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I can definitely empathize with you jobrro. They didn't handle this aspect for people outside the EU good at all.

Yes but with very high demand there's no telling when the core-package will release. The big problem is just the lack of clear communication i think. I dont know if i should return my move controllers and camera (delivering today from Amazon) and preorder the bundle on tuesday... or hold out for the core-package headset only and risk not landing a PSVR for months after the Oct release.

After announcing it two days ago, being able to preorder it hours after that announcement in other countries, saying that first day they would announce details soon? If they came out shortly after and said preorders for bundle are coming 22nd of March, preorders of the standalone unit are coming 5th of May (random dates) then that would have been fine. Am I overreacting? Probably. To me personally, does it feel like Sony has been trolling us? Yes.

I think it's more Sony assessing the different markets. In Europe and Japan there's been a number of different PS4 camera bundles sold, I don't know about USA? I guess from this news they weren't as popular.

jobrro

I can definitely empathize with you jobrro. They didn't handle this aspect for people outside the EU good at all.

Yeah especially when some of those markets have been selling out of day one preorders between 25 seconds to 10 minutes. For someone who wanted to be there day one it made me rather anxious about not getting in quickly enough.

vypek

Yes but with very high demand there's no telling when the core-package will release. The big problem is just the lack of clear communication i think. I dont know if i should return my move controllers and camera (delivering today from Amazon) and preorder the bundle on tuesday... or hold out for the core-package headset only and risk not landing a PSVR for months after the Oct release.

I agree that the communication isn't clear enough. The site implies there will be another SKU for pre-order while the blog didn't mention that at all. They just needed one more word to give the idea that it will be available in the future for those who have the accessories.

In your case, I think you should hold onto the accessories just in case you can't secure a pre-order for the bundle on Tuesday. That way you don't have to re-purchase in case a core bundle is made available later. If you do get it on Tuesday, that is enough time for Amazon to take back your items.

I hope that if there is no core bundle for pre-order at all in any wave then it means that there will be a good amount of bundles at launch without selling out. (But what are the chances of that)

Man

I really wouldn't stress and get the (larger) bundle if you're already sitting on a camera and/or PS Move(s). Seems like the base unit will be up for pre-order timely enough.

I agree that the communication isn't clear enough. The site implies there will be another SKU for pre-order while the blog didn't mention that at all. They just needed one more word to give the idea that it will be available in the future for those who have the accessories.

In your case, I think you should hold onto the accessories just in case you can't secure a pre-order for the bundle on Tuesday. That way you don't have to re-purchase in case a core bundle is made available later. If you do get it on Tuesday, that is enough time for Amazon to take back your items.

I hope that if there is no core bundle for pre-order at all in any wave then it means that there will be a good amount of bundles at launch without selling out. (But what are the chances of that)

I think i'm just going to send back the camera and controllers and preorder the bundle. At least then i have piece of mind i'm in the first "wave" of preorders.

Briarios

I'm actually ok with this for me. I'll sell or trade in my camera, and just grab the bundle. I wanted the move controllers anyway.

However, I think it's horrible overall for everyone who has the move and camera stuff. I get why they're doing it - but it still sucks. They've got a huge lead time, though. I'm hopeful there won't be supply issues.

Welp, those of us that assumed fuckery was afoot were correct. The margins probably weren't high enough for the US/Canada retailers and this was the end result. It's hard to believe that Sony didn't discuss this with them before hand but maybe that off hand mention of a bundle ruined everything.

I'm going to hold off until the solo PSVR is available to buy, I just hope it won't be too long.

Ponn

Banned
Jesus christ the NOW generation personafied thread. People ordering accessories months ahead of launch, before preorders even up. Now people throwing a hissy fit and cancelling orders over a single tweet. Calm the fuck down people and have a smidgeon of patience.

vypek

Heads up: there will not be one-click pre-ordering on Amazon for the launch bundle. It is a true free for all. Make sure your card data is accurate and address is correct.

Are we actually thinking there will be shortages of this once it's out? I was waiting to see preorder info, but I'm not really upset that you can't preorder it (yet).

goonergaz

I'm in Canada. So yes it's 150, almost 180 with taxes.

And I didn't see the possible upcoming pre order for core when I posted that.

Well I didn't know that - but clearly they would not state a product and RRP and then not sell that product at that price, the over-reaction from some is hilarious lol

vypek

Why do you say this? Source?

Sorry, forgot to include the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SBXBQDS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Right on the product page:

PlayStation VR - Available for Pre-order on Tuesday March 22 at 7:00 AM PST
The PlayStation VR launch bundle will be available for pre-order starting Tuesday March 22, at 7:00 AM PST. Due to limited quantities, purchases will be limited to 1 per customer, and 1-Click Ordering will be disabled for this item. Please make sure you've updated your credit card and shipping information to help you move quickly through the checkout process.

Wanted to give a heads up to people who might not have seen it

What Tuesday will look like.

ps4_stampede2.gif

pretty much. lol.

I wonder how fast this will sell out. I'm hoping that since we got days for a response that it will be up for at least a few minutes and there will be a good amount of stocked SKUs

Top Bottom