• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

She's still solid A or A+ tier without it, but holy fuck why does such a bullshit utility sub exist.

It's a 2 year old collab monster. I just chalk it up to GungHo not really being good at balance yet and they can't really nerf monsters after the fact. Player base would revolt.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I'd go in on it. I currently go Kirin, L.Kali, L.meta and Urd, but I'll be switching in a Beelzebub, Awoken Ra, and probably Lakshmi. If we can get a third who'll be running Ra and preferably a Ronia, Urd or Lakshmi I'd be perfectly covered.

Thanks. Let's see if there is another gaffer jumping in.

colinp

Banned
I'd hold off, because when they announce Awoken Kirin I may very well feed her away if her Awoken isn't impressive.

What other leaders do you use though?

Liu Bei and Lu Bu mostly.

If Gung-ho doesn't make Awoken Kirin great I'll be sooooooooooooooooo disappointed.

If Gung-ho doesn't make Awoken Kirin great I'll be sooooooooooooooooo disappointed.

I made a speculation post on reddit, but lets say she follows the other Chinese Awokens.

AS: current gravity skill, 1 turn cooldown reduction for other skills

LS: x5 when matching Water, Grass, Fire, and Light. 30% damage reduction for Water, Grass, Fire, and Light.

Active skill would still be kind of trash. But her leader skill could turn her into one of the best defensive monsters, with a very nice x25 burst. Would such a LS put her back towards the top again? I think it might fall a little short, but I'm not sure how valuable damage reduction is.

Someone also argued that since it is 4 elements, the damage reduction would be 25% rather than 30%.

yami4ct

The Awoken evos likely won't be the last time GungHo strengthens old leaders, so even if she does suck they will likely fix her eventually.

That being said, the damn well better fix her with the Awoken edition.

I have about 180 plus eggs to spend. I feel like I should put them towards my Bastet team, but I'm can't decide where. Do I put them in Bastet so my friends can benefit or go with Meimei or Verdandi who'll be crucial subs on that and other teams?

Does anyone have a good not Kali team for grimoires? I desperately need to be able to beat this dungeon so I can get the red one in preparation of awoken shiva...

The Awoken evos likely won't be the last time GungHo strengthens old leaders, so even if she does suck they will likely fix her eventually.

That being said, the damn well better fix her with the Awoken edition.

Yeah but the power bump for Kirin might take forever if it doesnt come in the next Awoken.

hermit7

Just checked the orb invades for the upcoming event and take will be spawning green ones. It is the easiest possible dungeon and I need at least 4 for meimei and Bastet.

I wish orbs had an easier way to farm them outside of events. 99 stamina dungeon with a 60 percent drop rate. Have it as a guerilla dungeon and tons of people would stone.

yami4ct

Yeah but the power bump for Kirin might take forever if it doesnt come in the next Awoken.

With the rate leaders get boosted now, most decent leaders can clear most content (basically, barring Challenge 10s and the like). If Kirin's Awoken sucks, I'm sure you'll get something from the REM that can replace her, even if you don't IAP.

That being said, GungHo actually does a pretty great job of keeping most leaders viable, so hopefully they find a place for Kirin.

Does anyone have a good not Kali team for grimoires? I desperately need to be able to beat this dungeon so I can get the red one in preparation of awoken shiva...

Do you need a team just for Legend or do you want Mythical for some reason? What's your box look like? I assume you run Ronia at least by your Avatar. Grimoire Legend isn't all that tough from my experience. Any decent leader should have a team that can beat it. A good standard Ronia build would certainly do the trick I feel.

With the rate leaders get boosted now, most decent leaders can clear most content (basically, barring Challenge 10s and the like). If Kirin's Awoken sucks, I'm sure you'll get something from the REM that can replace her, even if you don't IAP..

I have Awoken Ra already. I just don't have many plug eggs on him, and a +297 Kirin with basically no use.

Epic Drop

I'm looking at Lakshmi and what I currently have and trying to figure out a setup. Maybe Lakshmi/Gabriel/Karin/BlOdin/Ruka/Lakshmi? I sadly don't have Andromeda, but Gabriel is close enough. Karin is the best full board changer I have. Ruka would be switched for Amberjack as soon as I can get one (Which would probably be by the time I actually get this team leveled and ready to go). Any thoughts or other things I should maybe be looking at? How did Lakshmi get so good while I wasn't looking?

Pretty similar to what I run (I use Andromeda instead of Gabriel and I have an amberjack so I use it over ruka). Honestly just about nothing has been able to stand on the way of that team. Lakshmi is an amazing lead now. Tons of HP, tons of rcv (if +egged), and the damage is just bonkers (literally over 20 million team damage now on a good karin+lakshmi board with a bodin enhance)

yami4ct

I have Awoken Ra already. I just don't have many plug eggs on him, and a +297 Kirin with basically no use.

I would go ahead and just invest in him. Even if Kirin is buffed, no way she beats his fairly regular 100x multiplier. This is especially true if she's like her Awoken Chinese buddies and just gets the 30% shield. Her being tankier would be nice, but probably would still make her a good bit weaker than Kali.

I was thinking of how to fix her without stepping on Kali (something GH will certainly not do) and it's really a tough prospect. The Active enhancing all Red/Green/Blue/Yellow orbs would be a great move. If they wanted to go insane, they could give her an extra multiplier for Yellow monsters, given most of her best teams are mono-yellow.

My favorite idea is one that would require a lot of outside work by GungHo. Give her an Attacker boost. To make this work, though, they have to actually invest on making yellow attackers a thing. I thought of this because her best paired sub, Apollo is an attacker. Give L.Valk an attacker evo, maybe make a new Wukong evo that doesn't eat water and is an attacker or look at other Light monsters that are underused and need a boost. Would be a neat way to carve out a new niche for her.

tr4656

My favorite idea is one that would require a lot of outside work by GungHo. Give her an Attacker boost. To make this work, though, they have to actually invest on making yellow attackers a thing. I thought of this because her best paired sub, Apollo is an attacker. Give L.Valk an attacker evo, maybe make a new Wukong evo that doesn't eat water and is an attacker or look at other Light monsters that are underused and need a boost. Would be a neat way to carve out a new niche for her.

I was thinking making her have a high multiplier as well as being more tanky. Most of the burst leads aren't particularly good at having high HP so making Kirin a more tankier lead would differentiate her.

yami4ct

I was thinking making her have a high multiplier as well as being more tanky. Most of the burst leads aren't particularly good at having high HP so making Kirin a more tankier lead would differentiate her.

She definitely needs the higher multiplier in some form. If they just make her tankier like the other Chinese gods and leave her at 25x, that won't really fix her. She needs a decently easy to obtain 36x as well as higher Hp and maybe RCV. Maybe give her an easy to obtain 30x just to keep Kali ahead on Attack, but given that Kirin will be awoken and L.Kali is a regular Ultimate, I think it's OK if Kirin outclasses her a bit.

I would go ahead and just invest in him. Even if Kirin is buffed, no way she beats his fairly regular 100x multiplier. This is especially true if she's like her Awoken Chinese buddies and just gets the 30% shield. Her being tankier would be nice, but probably would still make her a good bit weaker than Kali.

I was thinking of how to fix her without stepping on Kali (something GH will certainly not do) and it's really a tough prospect. The Active enhancing all Red/Green/Blue/Yellow orbs would be a great move. If they wanted to go insane, they could give her an extra multiplier for Yellow monsters, given most of her best teams are mono-yellow.

x100 is nice yes, but I think it is a bit presumptuous to assume Awoken Kirin wouldn't be able to compete with it. There are more S tier leaders than Awoken Ra. If Awoken Kirin becomes S tier, I'd very much regret feeding an already +297 one away.

If your idea was used, I'd feed her away immediately. It doesn't even fit any of the rest of the Chinese Awokens.

I kind of posted about this:

"AS: current gravity skill, 1 turn cooldown reduction for other skills

LS: x5 when matching Water, Grass, Fire, and Light. 30% damage reduction for Water, Grass, Fire, and Light.

Active skill would still be kind of trash. But her leader skill could turn her into one of the best defensive monsters, with a very nice x25 burst. Would such a LS put her back towards the top again? I think it might fall a little short, but I'm not sure how valuable damage reduction is.

Someone also argued that since it is 4 elements, the damage reduction would be 25% rather than 30%."

She definitely needs the higher multiplier in some form. If they just make her tankier like the other Chinese gods and leave her at 25x, that won't really fix her. She needs a decently easy to obtain 36x as well as higher Hp and maybe RCV. Maybe give her an easy to obtain 30x just to keep Kali ahead on Attack, but given that Kirin will be awoken and L.Kali is a regular Ultimate, I think it's OK if Kirin outclasses her a bit.

Why exactly wouldn't x25 and 51% damage reduction from Light,Water,Fire,Grass fix her? x25 is still a very high multiplier. And many of her subs have access to prongs for damage. It won't be Lakshmi damage, but it should be respectable enough.

yami4ct

x100 is nice yes, but I think it is a bit presumptuous to assume Awoken Kirin wouldn't be able to compete with it. There are more S tier leaders than Awoken Ra. If Awoken Kirin becomes S tier, I'd very much regret feeding an already +297 one away.

If your idea was used, I'd feed her away immediately. It doesn't even fit any of the rest of the Chinese Awokens.

I kind of posted about this:

"AS: current gravity skill, 1 turn cooldown reduction for other skills

Someone also argued that since it is 4 elements, the damage reduction would be 25% rather than 30%."

Why exactly wouldn't x25 and 51% damage reduction from Light,Water,Fire,Grass fix her? x25 is still a very high multiplier. And many of her subs have access to prongs for damage. It won't be Lakshmi damage, but it should be respectable enough.

At 25x and with her color spread, I don't think she'll be reliable enough to be pushed to S tier even with damage reduction. Even if you focus TPAs, Her orb changers as reliable as Lakshmi's to keep her damage up. She'd be very good (definitely A/A+ tier), but not the powerhouse she once was.

Also, 51% Damage Reduction? I thought the assumption was 30% Is there some odd math I'm getting wrong? 51% DR might be enough to almost push her up, but I still doubt she'd reach S.

I would never suggest you feed Kirin away for her eggs. REM monsters have a way of coming back around and I would never feed a god away. I'm just suggesting you invest time into working on Ra as he's a safer bet.

yami4ct

With 2 leaders, 100% - 30% - 30% = 49%. Also, Apollo is physical type not attacker.

You're totally right. That's dumb of me. I do that all the time. I'm not sure how I keep making that mistake. I also forget to account for x2 leaders. Making her tanker would certainly help, but I still am not sure it'd be enough.

Raika

In case anyone wants to set up a BF triangle thing, here are the things I run...

Usual leads:
+297 F/L Horus (will be hypermax Awoken Horus once the evo hits)
+297 GZL (unskilled)
+297 Ronia (max skilled)
F/D Shiva (will become A.Shiva at some point)

Other stuff I put up randomly or on request:
+297 G/L Parvati (max skilled, plan to make her Awoken Parvati at some point)
+200 Kirin (keeping her hoping her awoken evo is good)
+102 LKali (1 turn away from max skill, also next hypermax target)
+7 Awoken Hades
Awoken Venus
Anubis (waiting for Awoken Anubis buff plox, otherwise will likely be D/L)
Durga (max skilled)
Sarasvati
Athena

... Or you can just look at my padherder or something, I dunno.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Raika/monsters/

<3

Do you need a team just for Legend or do you want Mythical for some reason? What's your box look like? I assume you run Ronia at least by your Avatar. Grimoire Legend isn't all that tough from my experience. Any decent leader should have a team that can beat it. A good standard Ronia build would certainly do the trick I feel.

Really I am trying to do the challenge dungeon since it is here and available. Ronia, Kirin, verdandi, GZL, L.meta, all Greek awoken except for Ceres,

I'm just looking for ideas on teams I may not have thought of,

Edit: solved my problem, well at least most of the time. Sacrificed 20% skill block for sun quan's delay on a verdandi team. He is off main type but since he is blue/green he still matches attacking type. I used this to get an extra turn on michael so verdandi could come back. Now I just need the red grimoire to show up.

smbu2000

Cleared Sandalphon (LKali), Zeus Vulcan (Vegito) and Thoth/Sopdet (LKali) for the 3 piis. The last two piis are going to be hard to get (God Rush and Dragon Rush). I wish the lower descends had pii rewards as well like before. This time they changed them to Orbs. Bummed out by that.

Cleared Sandalphon (Awoken Ra) on my iPad. Can definitely clear Thoth/Sopdet as I've cleared them before. Going to have to try Zeus Vulcan for the first time, too.

I used my Vegito team for it. Worked pretty well.

On my iPad with no Vegito, I used a Ronia/Lu Bu team to clear it with no problems. (Mythical) Lately, I've been using Hanzo on my team (since he got the devil type added on.) Ronia/Cell (for dark enhance, can be subbed for Bubu)/Haku/Hanzo x 2/ Lu Bu (friend).
Ronia, Haku and my friend Lu Bu are all hyper. Cell is close to hyper and Hanzos are both max skilled.

pix

I rolled a Haku on the JP version of PAD I just started. Worth it to keep going? I've never used Haku so I'm not sure of her ability to carry. Also how hard would building a team with her be?

Does anyone by chance have any good new JP accounts laying around?

Ducarmel

Haku is good assuming you can get the most out of her she definitely can clear most of the games content.

Haku guide plenty of farmable subs to get you started.
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/th...-appreciation-thread-wip-mainly-byakko.15337/

Metagame wise she is nothing special and not an ideal first pull. I think RSonia, Gadius, Lu Bu, Bastet, Hathor, Horus, Osiris, Ra, Neph, Pandora, Yamato or any of the Norns are first pulls Jp players would recommend.

The thinking behind it is its easier to play or they are powerful enough to beat <90% of the game content.

Also it might be a little hard finding a lot of Haku friends.

Azusa

I rolled a Haku on the JP version of PAD I just started. Worth it to keep going? I've never used Haku so I'm not sure of her ability to carry. Also how hard would building a team with her be?

Does anyone by chance have any good new JP accounts laying around?

Haku is great and easy leader for early and mid game for sure.

ccbfan

If anyone want to set up a triangle.

My main leaders are

Ronia hypermaxed
Beelzebub 200+
Awoken Minerva
Awoken Hades
Awoken Venus
LMeta
Grodin
AA Luci

Leader I can use when they get a better Evo or When I build them up since I just got them.

Kirin
Haku
Verdandi
DMeta
Lubu
Hathor
Anubis
Rodin
Every Devil Group except Devil Luci.

tr4656

At 25x and with her color spread, I don't think she'll be reliable enough to be pushed to S tier even with damage reduction. Even if you focus TPAs, Her orb changers as reliable as Lakshmi's to keep her damage up. She'd be very good (definitely A/A+ tier), but not the powerhouse she once was.

Also, 51% Damage Reduction? I thought the assumption was 30% Is there some odd math I'm getting wrong? 51% DR might be enough to almost push her up, but I still doubt she'd reach S.

I would never suggest you feed Kirin away for her eggs. REM monsters have a way of coming back around and I would never feed a god away. I'm just suggesting you invest time into working on Ra as he's a safer bet.

Don't forgot about Enhance awakenings. Those actually also add a lot of damage.

Kreed

She's still solid A or A+ tier without it, but holy fuck why does such a bullshit utility sub exist.

It's not that I don't think Awoken Lakshmi is a good unit, just that I was curious why Awoken Parvati wasn't in S tier. Particularly back when she was revealed in March, the consensus (including in this thread) was "Ha, Lakshmi is still shit" because of her active, and most were much more hyped for Parvati.

But once you take into account all the water/physical subs Lakshmi has at her disposal, she edges out Parvati who doesn't have the same pool of high HP monsters.

Jagernaut

Just evolved and max awakened Awoken Parvati. That took a lot of xp and materials to make. Unfortunately I'm out of woodpys. I had 2 max skilled Parvati, I kept the Wood/ Light one for use on god teams and changed the a Wood/Fire one.

Kyu

Neo Member
In case anyone wants to set up a BF triangle thing, here are the things I run...

<3

Hey Raika,
Have you teamed up with anyone yet?

In my box I have:
Horus (Will awaken when available)
Bastet (Will awaken when available)
GZL
Ronia +229 (Max skilled)
F/D Shiva (Will awaken)
Athena +197
LKali (Max skilled)
Awoken Hades
Awoken Venus
Durga

A fairly up to date padherder box:
https://www.padherder.com/user/k/monsters

My ID is 348,948,217

Quantum

Wow, someone actually chose me as a best friend. I don't even have a single hypermaxed monster. >.<

nice - I only had about 2% of people choose me and I have 2 hypermaxed up o.0

then again I recently switched from bloina main to urd main so I'm sure it worries people that I will change again.

Which I probably will. although I think I'll have hypermaxed urd until I make a hypermaxed shiva.

As my team two I'll probably leave hypermaxed blonia till I decide to switch to lakshmi.

confusing matters more I use lu bu and Lmeta often as well - so I have a huge diverse friends list - I do have a high number of friends and update it weekly.

yami4ct

I think I'm picking my Japanese account back up to have some extra stones and stamina to work with. What's the best English resource for Japanese PAD going? What's the best way to find out events, dungeons running, etc? PADGuide has some of what I want, just want to know if there's something better.

I have Susano, Kirin, I&Y, Perseus and Pandora, so I think it's probably worth running with this account rather than retooling and starting over.

Ducarmel

I think I'm picking my Japanese account back up to have some extra stones and stamina to work with. What's the best English resource for Japanese PAD going? What's the best way to find out events, dungeons running, etc? PADGuide has some of what I want, just want to know if there's something better.

I have Susano, Kirin, I&Y, Perseus and Pandora, so I think it's probably worth running with this account rather than retooling and starting over.

http://pad.skyozora.com/ Japanese but easy enough to navigate and get an idea of what is what

http://padwiki.net/wiki/Puzzle_&_Dragons_Wiki English but has the Japanese schedule if you sign up you can set your time zone to sync with the schedule. Some times slow to update so don't rely on it too much.

am_dragon

Looking for some direction or advice. I don't play enough to keep up with the meta but I really do enjoy this game. I'm stuck on a few things right now, I'm having trouble clearing the Alt. Coin dungeons, and deciding what teams to main.
My understanding is that at my level (340) the coin Alt.s are the most efficient use of stamina. I am unable to get past the last 2 or 3 levels of each of the current set, so I'm just wasting coins and stamina at this point.

I'm really short on plus eggs based on the the time I've been playing. I have 2 297's, a few 50's and a bunch of 15 + egg monsters. I think this is part of my problem with the Alt dungeons, I have 1 297 on the team and maybe a friend. Should I just go by stones and stone the hell out of 5x Mech Dragons, and Starry Vault?

The other problem I have is team, or team focus.
HyperMax Pandora - Persephone, D/W Vamp, Hanzo, Haku - all max skill and max level or close, I don't have D.Meta so I'm missing the spike.

Athena Max Skill, Level +108 - I have lots of subs for her, many max skilled, missing Izanagi for 2x damage.

Those 2 teams plus a few versions of Bastet teams and Kirin teams are my staple.

The teams I'm working now are Andromeda, Urd, Verdandi, and I have Awoken Ceres, Awoken Hades, and Awoken Minerva I don't really know what to do with at this point. All three of them I had multiples of so I have one of each ultimate plus awoken.

I seem to be about 6 months behind, everyone is all nuts over Verdandi and by the time I pull one, and start getting mine skilled and plussed they are on to D.Kali, or whatever the next thing will be. I don't really mind being behind, and I'd like to keep my spending level where it is, splurge once every 6 months and play off the leftovers and handouts.

What should I focus on? I'm assuming that Verdandi and Urd will still be relevant 6 months from now? Is it worth putting effort into them? Should I spend some money and catch up a bit?

Ducarmel

No, it's chinese.

Thanks for the correction, since I cant read any of it its all the same to me.

What should I focus on? I'm assuming that Verdandi and Urd will still be relevant 6 months from now? Is it worth putting effort into them? Should I spend some money and catch up a bit?
Seems like you have enough subs for a Beez team if you can get him and busty him. Him and the many RSonia you have as friends are enough to beat all the alt coin dungeons.

The Norns are good but not top tier good so you are not really behind the times, they are just the latest in tpa type team leaders.

If you want something that will just crush everything I guess Awoken Bastet when she finally come over to NA is something to work on.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Gunho you are killing me, 150 stamina so far running Friday expert dungeon and not 1 dub mythlit.

edit: next run 1 dropped.... great...

am_dragon

Seems like you have enough subs for a Beez team if you can get him and busty him. Him and the many RSonia you have as friends are enough to beat all the alt coin dungeons.

The Norns are good but not top tier good so you are not really behind the times, they are just the latest in tpa type team leaders.

If you want something that will just crush everything I guess Awoken Bastet when she finally come over to NA is something to work on.

Thanks. Crazed King of Purgatory, Beelzebub <--- That guy? Have him, fully awoken, only skill level 2 and level 56 though... So I'll start working on that then. I also have 2 R.Sonia but I just got them recently and they are low level, with no pluses and both are skill level one dispute weeks of running Thursday mythical... My G.Sonia is maxed though...

razterik

Should I just go by stones and stone the hell out of 5x Mech Dragons, and Starry Vault?

The other problem I have is team, or team focus.

Don't do 5x Mech Dragons unless you are tossing stones out the window, it's not a good enough rate except for plus/hour and even that's better with Star Vault or Legendary/Skydragons during 3x normals. Dropping a few stones for Star Vault is not a bad idea, and 5x tech Monday Forbidden Tower 4 is fine for now if you can stand it.

At your rank, I think you should be able to finish the coin dungeons outside a few random failures. Do you have a PADherder or box pics? Maybe we can help build something. It might be a matter of underlevelled subs, though.

Verdandi and Urd are likely to still be relevant in 6 months, and even if they are no longer descend leaders, they are good for farming and make great subs in many teams. But if you want to see where the game is headed right now, the JP tier list with ranked leads/subs from a few pages back is a good indication of where NA will be in a couple months.

What low cost dungeons can the Sylph + 4 Leek team do?

Old Draggie team. Man, that brings back memories. It was quite a slog. There's probably better things to run now, but who needs Draggie for anything.

Also worked for RO Advance to get Hrungnir, who's useless.

lenni

Just evolved and max awakened Awoken Parvati. That took a lot of xp and materials to make. Unfortunately I'm out of woodpys. I had 2 max skilled Parvati, I kept the Wood/ Light one for use on god teams and changed the a Wood/Fire one.

I would love to have you on my list, only have 2 APavarti friends right now and want to run her more. Add me: 380 733 294

ccbfan

What are people running for Devil's Domain?

I tried

Hades
Ronia
Mini Lubu (I have a normal on I just got but I need evo mats)
Rodin (For fat metal)
Haku

Hades

Died, not enough against Satan.

Hades
Ronia
Mini Lubu (I have a normal on I just got but I need evo mats)
Rodin (For fat metal)
Joker

Hades

Dies from Octolady.

Minerva
Ronia
Hera-Ur
Rodin
Echilada

Minerva

Dies from Octolady.

I could just keep trying until I get Cerberus or fat dragon for R2 but since I used all my stones for GF and I really need to do some Expert Friday to get 2 double dark orbs. I don't really have the stamina to waste.

razterik

8KoX6Jql.jpg

My team from a few days ago. Only +297 Valk and friend Venus, everything max skill except my Venus and Apollo being one short.

Getting past the first floor needs a good supply of light/heart and a Venus active after the first turn. Second floor is stall and burst with anything but the fat metal. He should go down with Genbu->Apollo, Thor&Venus. Maybe less, didn't run the numbers. Stall in Mephisto until he goes dark, save some light near the bottom and use Thor if necessary. Make sure you don't take a hit that puts you below Satan's preempt, remember you get one(!) free turn below 40%. Satan requires a bit of burst, a row or two depending on other combos. Enough to get him to blue. Laugh as you tank Worlds End all day with a little over 17k HP. Make sure most actives are up, move on to Beelzebub and clear board with Genbu. Then Apollo, Thor, Venus. Match rows, don't forget her CTW is much shorter now.

LKali 0/13

It's x2.5, right?

Yup. 3/29 on second Andromeda was bad, but Perseus maxed in 5/19. Evens out I guess, but it's always the ones we really want max skill that don't make it.

Top Bottom