• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Okamid3n

UGH, why didn't you die, Beelz??

After countless attempts at the Devil's domain, I finally got Beelz down to...1% health. Then I died.

It's so painful.

linsivvi

Do we know when NA will get the Sphinx dungeon? I need my Awoken Ra.

Won't be for a while. Sonia Gran is in this event. If going by JP appearance order, the next in line are:
Zeus & Hera
Kaguya-him
Sphinx

Also, Sphinx appeared exactly 2 months after Sonia Gran in JP.

Negator

I've come to the realization that DQXQ has her skill up food in Light Sprite. I probably should spend some stamina on that while it's here, but the Hello Kitty pull is too strong. From what I understand, HK is way rarer an event than the Light Sprite?

I also have no idea how rare these Shiron are compared to the Kittyn & Mimmyna, Apple Drawn, and Kitty Bubflamie I will need. I think it's safe to assume I will be able to handle HK and Sprite on Expert.

yami4ct

I've come to the realization that DQXQ has her skill up food in Light Sprite. I probably should spend some stamina on that while it's here, but the Hello Kitty pull is too strong. From what I understand, HK is way rarer an event than the Light Sprite?

I also have no idea how rare these Shiron are compared to the Kittyn & Mimmyna, Apple Drawn, and Kitty Bubflamie I will need.

Dungeons like Light Sprite will probably get added to the Coin Dungeon rotation at the absolute worst, so there will always be a chance to run them. Collabs may never come back around again and if they do it'll likely take a very long time. Always prioritize collabs when they hit if you need anything from them.

am_dragon

No problem. I'm fairly bad at this game myself, always struggle with combo shields. And I like to just go with the feel of it instead of doing the math most of the time. Bad combination, heh. I try to watch a lot of videos from other players to understand how certain teams work and what their play style looks like.

Thanks so much for the help, I decided to run coins and try for the 2 green jewels I needed / want for Awoken Parvati. Running Takeminakata Descended with Pandora was fun, no green / dark, with some fast cool down orb changers was a blast. I ended up with 1 jewel out of 5 runs.

With the previous advice I was able to clear the current coin dungeons without much trouble. Valk / Athena works the best, my Urd team is really under leveled. Based on the tips you gave me and some other advice, I'm thinking about putting pluses on a common sub. I'm not exactly sure who yet but MeiMei, Minerva, and Haku and candidates.

I'm 19 levels from 200 stam so I'm really going to shoot for that over the next few weeks. We'll see if I can make it there before 900 days.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
With hypermax Urd friend.

Managed to eke out a win against Mephisto just now. Lost several times due to the god bind. I initially went with Echidna, for the bind on the earlier floors, then Shiva for the extra rows, hoping to knock Mephisto into the 40% range to skip the bind, but I couldn't quite get there especially when dealing with being blinded. Rozuel was key for the bind clear, extra healing and the HP boost.

3 Urd actives provide awesome amounts of healing + damage in no rcv dungeons. I didn't actually use my Hino active at all since I always needed the heals from my Urd actives. Should have just used it on its own on an earlier floor.

Congrats and thanks for this post.

I had already given up on Mephisto because i failed a couple of times with U&Y earlier this week. Your post made me try it with Verdandi ( dont know why i didnt try it before with her) and i was able to clear Mephisto for the first time :-D

I might use my 2nd Verdandi more often in the team now - having 3 verdandi actives is amazing and it bring me to nearly 40k hp. Meanwhile i realized that GZL active while strong isnt as essential to the team...you can kill most bosses in 2 turns as well.

PS: Also just cleared Heracles for the first time ( Verdandi Squad of course)

FZZ

Banned
I can't beat Mephisto because the four turn bind is fucking horrible :/

It's so easy with Lkali up until that part

cw_sasuke

Yes you need something to counter those binds otherwise you are most likely done.

... Well unless you can one shot him.

Quantum

I also have no idea how rare these Shiron are compared to the Kittyn & Mimmyna, Apple Drawn, and Kitty Bubflamie I will need. I think it's safe to assume I will be able to handle HK and Sprite on Expert.

you have to prioritize. they are rarer (the hello kitty) but I don't use any (although have) any of the drops at this time.

DQ however is very useful at full skill level.

HK will be around for two weeks and had great exp imo for the cost and difficulty at low/mid rank.

personally I'm going to run light sprite to max skill a second dxdq and then run hello kitty after to possibly skill up the berry dragons (which i don't use either)

Is Valk/Athena better than beelz/ronia for coin dungeons? I need at consistent team to start clearing them.
Whichever team has the most orb changers is better. They're both pretty much the same speedwise. Beelz/Ronia is technically more consistent since you can actually take some hits, but you aren't really supposed to be getting hit in those dungeons unless you run into pys.

lol. You have to evolve the Hello Kitty shit to get a chance at skilling up a fruit dragon. Nah thanks. I'll take my free stone, but skill up material that you have to evolve is absolute bullshit.

jay23

Whichever team has the most orb changers is better. They're both pretty much the same speedwise. Beelz/Ronia is technically more consistent since you can actually take some hits, but you aren't really supposed to be getting hit in those dungeons unless you run into pys.

Thanks I think I have more orb changers for athena/valk, still have to skill up most of them tho.

I'm loving this hello kitty collab for all the experience you get(I hate running kotg). Fruit dragon skill ups are a bonus.

Negator

Rode someone's hypermax Verdandi to victory in the Master version of the HK collab and got the dark dragon!

Edit: Looks like the coin dungeon has Piedra in it. Is it worth investing in the HK Joker or the Drawn Joker for a Ronia team?

J0dy77

PSA to get your two free tamdras from the easy S rank dungeon with Light Sprite and Hello Kitty. I ran both with 2x Horus and a bunch of 1 start fodder, it's a guaranteed S if you clear.

PSA to get your two free tamdras from the easy S rank dungeon with Light Sprite and Hello Kitty. I ran both with 2x Horus and a bunch of 1 start fodder, it's a guaranteed S if you clear.

I'm personally going to use Yomi with some burst leader so I can get some nice combo counts. And stick with low rarity subs.

Really depends. I like the fruit dragons in theory but I don't really use them asides from Lemon Dragon occasionally. Probably will use all excess stamina on the collab though because why not?
Also depends on how far in the game you are. If you can farm Shieldras, the HK collab is probably a bit less enticing.

jay23

Somebody said this in here a while ago, but they should really make a dragon fruit ult combining all of them. Like you would do for mechdragon ults and other dragons.

cw_sasuke

Did my first coin dungeons and it worked out well for the Ocean Knight stage with Verdandi/Awoken Parvati combo. Had to spend like 3 orbs but was able to max skill Sun Quan :eek: Who is now ready in 4 turns in my U&Y squad and in 2 on my LKali team (once i start working on it).

Glad to finally be able to use one of the most powerful skills before its too late now xD

Only Yomi left to max skill from my original U&Y team plan....also they need to bring back Poring Tower for BValk skill ups.

Edit:

How many rarity stars can you have on your team to get 150.000 points on a dungeon for S-Rank ?

jiggle

How many rarity stars can you have on your team to get 150.000 points on a dungeon for S-Rank ?
20 will get u the s rank

RqqdNJW.jpg

cw_sasuke

Awesome Thanks jiggle, I've been looking for such a chart for a while.

20 stars means Double Verdandi and Liu Bei + Fodder is possible if I don't need many turns.

cw_sasuke

I just did it with Verdandi and one star masks. No Liu Bei required.
True... got Shank with Liu Bei but I didn't need him at all. Just wanted to make sure to get it done and not waste 50 stamina.

Double Verdandi + 4 red/green masks is my to go team as well.

coy

Verdandi makes S-rank ezmode. Speaking of, I decided to +297 my Verdandi and I have her down to an 11-turn active which will be 9 this week. I have pulled Osiris, Verdandi, GZL, Liu Bei x2 and Parvati since I have returned from my hiatus. Green was my 2nd weakest color after blue but now I am considering putting all my resources into these teams. Verdandi made the most sense as she can lead and sub well. I already had plans to +297 Liu Bei, but now may do it to Parvati or Osiris (or both).

Also, I am just now learning how the coin dungeon system works. To think, I could've spent stamina wiser for skillups and such (I stopped before the system was in place). I now know what to do during off-event days.

I'm still on the fence between plussing Verdandi or Meimei. Both are great subs and leaders. The main argument for Meimei is that she can be a sub on a Verdandi team, but the opposite isn't true. BUT, Verdandi is a more popular leader (even more than Awoken Meimei I imagine) so friends will use her more. I could also do Bastet, but she's pretty much just a leader. Tough decision.

Tobe

Desire sensors on full effect, i just need one more blueberry skill up and I'm done. Dont really care for the other ones. Maybe the yellow one but meh. Then is finishing wukong and dq. After that wait for gabriel skill ups.

Giard

What would be the best difficulty level for farming Fruit Dragon skill-ups from the Hello Kitty dungeon? Kingdom or lower?

Ducarmel

I imagine master during x2, Kingdom outside of that.

Not sure if there is data for it for NA last time hello kitty was around few of us had fruit dragons since it was REM only to get at the time.

razterik

I don't know the drop rate for Master on 1.5x or 2x, but Kingdom always drops the 3 evolved form floors, even without bonus. Having the evolved drops is much easier.

Tobe

What would be the best difficulty level for farming Fruit Dragon skill-ups from the Hello Kitty dungeon? Kingdom or lower?

50 stam level is best when there is no 2x. i remember when it came i was lowish rank and since the level is super easy and also stamina/exp efficient.

Huh so I actually might have a good chance of skilling up my DQXQ. But is it really worth it? She isn't a great leader to be honest. And if she gets an Awoken down the road her active is likely going to change. At best it could mean less stalling on KOTG with my L.Zhuge team but Shynee's the real problem there.

saichi

Huh so I actually might have a good chance of skilling up my DQXQ. But is it really worth it? She isn't a great leader to be honest. And if she gets an Awoken down the road her active is likely going to change. At best it could mean less stalling on KOTG with my L.Zhuge team but Shynee's the real problem there.

There is ult for DQXQ already... with DQ and XQ.

razterik

If you plan to use any light row team like Awoken Venus or Wukong, then max skill DQ is a great sub. And skilling the 3ks through these surveys is very easy. Awoken 3k is a long way off.

There is ult for DQXQ already... with DQ and XQ.

Awoken is different from an ultimate. Ultimates can require some rare materials for the evolution. However an Awoken is distinguished by requiring two descended monsters.

Also worth noting that at least in Japanese (and I think the English version) all Awoken monsters have "Awoken" at the front of their name. Neither DQ or XQ have that. So neither is an Awoken.

Top Bottom