• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Hey Awoken Isis is great, not as good as academy Isis though, but still.

She is the best blue sub right now in my opinion. Bind reduction is huge as is the low cooldown. I think her utility over shadows some of the more premier subs out there (Blue Odin).

Her leader skill is pretty nuts as well considering it is 4.5X at three color combos with a skill activation.

jiggle

Poor GYs ZGL and apocalypse getting demoted
Here I was hoping they get an upgrade :(
At least more ppl may get to play RGY now?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Poor GYs ZGL and apocalypse getting demoted
Here I was hoping they get an upgrade :(
At least more ppl may get to play RGY now?

I kinda doubt it will result in more people using him - unless you have no gacha luck at all...and even then there farmables who might be more interesting.

The 3K Gods recently got all Ult Evos...could that mean that GZL gets his soon as well ? He is part of 3K gods after all.

smbu2000

Yes, cleared Zeus Vulcan on my iPad (with Ra/LKali) before the Descend Challenge ended. Picked up the woodpy in the process. My recently acquired Yomi (from the Memorial REM) came in handy as I used LKali and then CTW to one shot Vulcan. It's nice having myself (iPhone) as a friend as I always have a hyper LKali available as a friend.

Also max skilled the Cao Cao on my iPad as well. Glad I don't really have to run the Survey Dungeon. (still need to S Rank it for the tamadra)

Reached 200 stamina on my iPhone. Thank you 200k exp. one time dungeon. Then used the stamina to quickly clear the first 6 challenges in the new challenge dungeon. That time movement overwrite feature is very handy. Once again I took out DIzanami with the help of my Awoken Ra as a sub to overwrite her reduce movement time by 2 second pre-emptive.

I kinda doubt it will result in more people using him - unless you have no gacha luck at all...and even then there farmables who might be more interesting.

The 3K Gods recently got all Ult Evos...could that mean that GZL gets his soon as well ? He is part of 3K gods after all.
If any of those cards were getting any upgrades, they would have stayed exclusives. Plus 3K was a while ago. We're almost finished with Indian 2.0 at this point. Only one left is Vishnu.

This was the ultimate admission that they aren't going to bother improving them any time soon.

cw_sasuke

If any of those cards were getting any upgrades, they would have stayed exclusives. Plus 3K was a while ago. We're almost finished with Indian 2.0 at this point. Only one left is Vishnu.

This was the ultimate admission that they aren't going to bother improving them any time soon.

...so thats how betrayal feels like :-/
Thats the one of the things i already hated when i started PaD - some units just get more love than others.

Kyuur

Have enough stamina to do Super King Ruby for the first time.

Look at defense, I can barely break through that with 2 rows of 4 orbs and TPA! Let's do this!

Get Super King Ruby on first round!

No orbs, manage to survive via heal orbs, finally 8 orbs appear!... doesn't kill him.

Realize I'm using wood element Verdandi.

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

am_dragon

I've been stuck in bed / at home for a week, I have some health problems and the latest is this completely not awesome thing where it's excruciating to stand up or walk...

So I bought 25 stones so I'd have something to do while I spent the week in bed.

Monday running FT4 spent a few stones, I ended up pulling in 52 plus eggs but that was a GRIND.

Tuesday I ran keeper of the gold for Skillups and to replenish keeper stock. 2 / 8 skill ups on apocalypse.

Yesterday cleared the rest of the Coin Alts for this time around, another level, and netting 2 more stones. I went nuts on super metal and super ruby's Putting my entire Pandora team at max level, something I've needed to do for a long time. The rubies got my Urd team in the high 80's still some work to do there. Awoken Kagu is maxed with +36 ATK so he is good to go.

Finished off the night running low on friends so I added 5 stones of box space and 5 stones of friends.

Today... I have Urd skill 2 and Verdandi skill 1, time to fix that problem...
As of now I think I'm giving up. 8 stones, I don't know how many runs, I leveled 2x and lost count, plus I ran other dungeons for xp. 17 red, 6 green, and at least 14 blue, I have 15 baby tamadra, and dozens of plant things. I have the mats to evo 8 of those tamadra after gold tonight.

Urd - one short of max 3 / 17 (she actually went 3 / 6 but hasn't skilled up in the last 10 feeds.)
Verdandi - skill level 4 with 2 / 6 feeds.

I'm looking at my last 6 stones, I need to skill Wukong and DQ also so I'm not sure if I just keep pushing though the pain or give up for now. My last 8 runs (2 stones worth) were all blue fruits, with one green.

Overall it's been a worthwhile, that last 10 levels on my Pandora team subs did make a huge difference. Sorry for the long post I'm board.

yami4ct

She can't clear Challenge 10s and is barely used for Awoken Ra teams.

I'm dying here guys.

Isis has always been a sort of starter or low activation difficulty leader. She's never really been meant to clear top level content. Expecting Awoken Isis to clear the toughest dungeons in the game was never going to be a thing. Her utility as a sub is still there, but I agree she's not as good as she could/should be. As a leader, I think she fills her safety net niche quite well.

I am rank 10. Do I need to keep the tamadras I've been getting or can I use them to power up my monsters? I have a horus leader.

Your monsters can't make use of Tamadras until they gain awakenings, typically after 1-2 stages of evolution. If they don't have awakening icons on the right side of the detailed view, they can't be awakened

ccbfan

Looks like even Gungho know ult Rodin is a Joke. His Ult Mats are the easiest set of ult mats we've seen in a while. I guess its no harm evoing him. No Elemental jewels, no mythical mats, no crazy evolved descend bosses.

Dark Izanami is actually kind interesting. 35% damage reduction as well as 1500 auto heal.

Seems to work very well with the new Awoken Haku and Awoken Hades. Fantastic HP which both of these teams lack. Use skill when your enemy is off color or use skill if the boss is doing some crazy attack.

Its a whooping 84%(Hades) or 68% (Haku) damage reduction on defended color. If you get two max skilled versions of her. You have continuous 35% def.

I can already imagine my Haku team.

Awoken Haku
Dark Izanami
Dark Izanami
Dark Valk
Vritra
Awoken Haku

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement.

11336891_1083751251653466_5654500433109431491_o.jpg

11402252_1083751311653460_49450910229339590_o.jpg

*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 6/13 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 6/14 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)
Behold the advent of the new deities--Gadius, Typhon, Ilm, and Zuoh! New Godfest Exclusives are available as of this Godfest, and at 3x Rates!
Day One also brings the return of Egyptian Series 1 and Norse Gods, while Day Two includes the Indian Series 1 and 2 Gods. For best results, be sure to note which featured series appears on which day!
For Day 1 of this Godfest, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Zhuge Liang is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.

DAY 1 : 6/13 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Egyptian Series 1 -
490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis
- Norse Gods -
368 Freyr
370 Idunn&Idunna
372 Freyja
374 Thor
376 Loki

DAY 2 : 6/14 (Sun), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Indian Series 1 -
236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
340 Parvati
342 Indra
344 Vritra
- Indian Series 2 -
1330 Krishna
1332 Sarasvati
1334 Vishnu
1336 Ganesha
1338 Durga

- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius (NEW)
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon (NEW)
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm (NEW)
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh (NEW)

razterik

NA Godfest is new specials mixed with mostly old stuff. Pass.

New JP exclusives have 35% damage reduction on the heart cross. Even better than guessed. Will roll on day 1.

Feel like Isis got shafted because they didn't want her to steal the excitement over their damage reduction.

Perfect for me. A chance for Bastet. Or a second L.Kali or a first DKali for my Awoken Ra team. Awoken Isis also makes a great utility sub for Awoken Ra. Knowing my luck though I'll roll a 4th Ra.

cw_sasuke

Godfests were a mistake, they are nothing but trash.

Yeah def won't be pulling again after that PCGF scam.
Today was my 300th day so I got 10 stones :)

Won't be spending a single one on this godfest though.
Congrats man... Time to save up some of these stones.

Can Friday dungeon Mythical be done with a Verdandi team? I have a chibi l.metatron team but its pretty bad. Probably because a lot of it is underleveled.

razterik

JP rolls:

GDI Dandi, I don't need four of you! Fourth Suzaku might be okay for some future system team. Anubis is just for laughs, I'm not good enough to use him. Ra is perfect, although I wanted Bastet more. Two Light Kali, will have to figure out other slots. Might sneak in one more roll tomorrow.

cw_sasuke

25% HP reduction. Physical & God type cards ATK x4.

Man for a farmable DIza leader skill seems quite powerful :eek:
4x multi just like that.

JP rolls:

GDI Dandi, I don't need four of you! Fourth Suzaku might be okay for some future system team. Anubis is just for laughs, I'm not good enough to use him. Ra is perfect, although I wanted Bastet more. Two Light Kali, will have to figure out other slots. Might sneak in one more roll tomorrow.

Wow some nice rolls if thats from for 4 attempts.

cw_sasuke

I just realized i evod my Ronia during the red fruit skill rotation!!!

what a dumbass.....

Ouch i did the same when i Ult Evolved Ronia 2-3 months ago...i was like...hmm...probably should have waited for that one xD

Well ...next time.

linsivvi

25% HP reduction. Physical & God type cards ATK x4.

Man for a farmable DIza leader skill seems quite powerful :eek:
4x multi just like that.

Duel leaders means you are left with 56%hp so descend runs are pretty much impossible in most cases. She's much more useful as a sub.

cw_sasuke

Oh Perseus max skilled - on my last green fairy i had from the Green Fairy event a couple weeks ago.
Dual leaders means you are left with 56%hp so descend runs are pretty much impossible in most cases. She's much more useful as a sub.

Ouch didnt think of that...yeah half HP limits her usefulness, but i was imagining her being a good use as a farming team leader.

Ducarmel

pulled twice in jp gf

Kirin, my 3rd.

Fairlo :(

At least pal egg gave me the final jewel I needed to Awaken Mei Mei.

Now I need another green jewel to ultimate ultimate my Kirin.

razterik

Was running through new Challenge dungeons in JP and thought things seemed weirdly familiar. 15 is a full copy of the very first Challenge dungeon from 8 months ago. I wonder if this is where they will start repeating the old lineups or if they only felt lazy this time. Power creep and natural progression have put me at a point where I might finally be able to tackle level 10 here.

NA's next coin dungeon rotation still doesn't have Star Vault in it? Not that I plan to use it, but we're months overdue on that. And the lack of coin dungeon 2x rates is quite irritating.

cw_sasuke

So what will you guys be using for Sonia Gran? I would go Verdandi but +3 million HP Ronia is a buzzkill. I hope that U&Y can pull it off.

PS. From the 15 time or so I cleared Friday mythical this year I don't think I have gotten more than one Angelit in total... Crazy.

iamtheb

Guys I've got a lot of pieces that I think are decent, but I don't really know the best way to maximize what I have. I've spent a good bit of money on the game (as it's been the main thing I've played the last few months), but I feel like I should be able to form a better team than I have currently. Would showing pictures of what I have be enough for you guys to help me out?

EDIT:

Guys I've got a lot of pieces that I think are decent, but I don't really know the best way to maximize what I have. I've spent a good bit of money on the game (as it's been the main thing I've played the last few months), but I feel like I should be able to form a better team than I have currently. Would showing pictures of what I have be enough for you guys to help me out?
Sure, but depending on the size of your box a PADherder link would be easier for us to parse. How far into the game you are and your current goals are also important to know.

iamtheb

Sure, but depending on the size of your box a PADherder link would be easier for us to parse. How far into the game you are and your current goals are also important to know.

I added pictures above. I'm at rank 98. I've been playing the Hello Kitty collab tons this week and I've went up probably 20 ranks since then. I've just enjoyed playing in my down time (slow day at work, wife watching a tv show I'm not interested in, waiting on a prescription, etc.) so I've not really thought of any end goals. I guess I'm floating aimlessly through the PAD world.

J0dy77

After going 0 for my last however many Yamato skillups the last time the dungeon was around... I ran it once today, got the drop, got the final skillup. Man that feels good to be done.

Top Bottom