• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Just play it on Xbox for first playthrough and PC for the second. ;P

That is what im going to do, because i do like it a lot, but im kind of annoyed because i wanted to play the PC version. I would have bought the PC version if i would have known this.

This game is amazing. Live action is studio-tv quality. What a quality game. Looks fantastic too. This game is a reason to own an Xbox One unless you have a good PC. It's that good.

2A6ueZZ.jpg

Did my part (^______^)

I'll always <3 Remedy

Just finished the 1st chapter. Narrative is pretty cool and the time powers are muah!

I at the part where I have to select a path now. So question, it says show xyz...does it show me a preview for that path or does it actually select the choice?

malfcn

Watched episode 2. It had a few yellow blips in the corner. But I don't know what it was referencing.

So far : Hardline > Business

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just got to the end of act one. So good.

Loving the game so far, aside from the IQ problems which are actually quite distracting.

Really hoping this PC mess gets sorted out in a timely manner.

Just finished the 1st chapter. Narrative is pretty cool and the time powers are muah!

I at the part where I have to select a path now. So question, it says show xyz...does it show me a preview for that path or does it actually select the choice?

It's a preview and then you confirm or pick another.

Watched episode 2. It had a few yellow blips in the corner. But I don't know what it was referencing.

So far : Hardline > Business

The yellow blips are showing you something you influenced in the game I think. But yeah you need to have a good memory lol.

Fuchsdh

Really loving the Telltale-style insta-feedback on choice decisions.

Feeling like I should have started the game on Hard, it's definitely a cakewalk on Easy, but I was afraid the controls were going to be more finicky since I'm not a TPS guy.

Also, I love how everyone's using Microsoft Surfaces. Truly the end of time.

Not feeling it. Not at all. Lots of motion Blur. Some clipping. Horrible controls. Just feels wonky as hell. Gunplay is bad. Just bad. Nope. Not doing it.

leng jai

I really like the combat actually, but my aim in this feels terrible.

Graphically speaking I don't mind the soft look all that much, the worst thing I can see is that screen tearing can get pretty bad occasionally.

Zedox

I just started Act 2 part 3, and taking my time. Damn this game is fun. I actually like reading the backstory emails. I just wish they were in reverse order but I understand. I am mad I missed some Chronos but I'll get them on my second playthrough.

ElRenoRaven

I just started Act 2 part 3, and taking my time. Damn this game is fun. I actually like reading the backstory emails. I just wish they were in reverse order but I understand. I am mad I missed some Chronos but I'll get them on my second playthrough.

Yup. I love finding shit. I do agree with having them in reverse order. But that being my biggest complaint says a lot.

Zedox

Bruce Savage better have a "tv show" in Alan Wake 2. That would be so boss. Ya know...cuz he's sexually attractive. LOL.

Fuchsdh

Damn the live action segments really highlight how video-gamey Monarch is, lol. "We are video game bad guys, and must have our logo on EVERY PART OF OUR CLOTHING."

I'm in Act 2 and this game is just very blah for me. The gameplay just feels super one-note, just freeze shoot dash over and over again, enemies are too bullet-spongy and combat overall just feels unsatisfying. The puzzle/platforming isn't great and is kind of stiff. The graphics are super disappointing as well unfortunately which doesn't really matter to me but I was under the impression this was like a showcase graphics games but it seems really average and blurry.

I don't know, maybe it'll pick up.

shandy706

Is there any way to go back and watch the TV show? I accidentally skipped it and now I can't see a way to watch it.

Time line on the main menu.

I'm in act two. This is next level Remedy/Naughty Dog level of environments and detail. Wow!

The work they put into the level design is just ridiculous.

Is there any way to go back and watch the TV show? I accidentally skipped it and now I can't see a way to watch it.

Yes, press the "Back" button or I believe on Xbox One it is called "Menu" button. It will show you the Timeline. Just go over the TV Episode and press 'A' to play.

So I see you can replay any level. What happens at the end of a level after another playthrough, does it just go back to the timeline? I want to go back and get all the stuff I missed! Oh do you have to collect all the stuff again, or just the things you missed?

Gestault

Just finished Act 1. This game is rad. The movement and gunplay is incredibly strong, and I love the presentation. Remedy has built up some great talent.

Not feeling it. Not at all. Lots of motion Blur. Some clipping. Horrible controls. Just feels wonky as hell. Gunplay is bad. Just bad. Nope. Not doing it.

I have a feeling you may have the sensitivity up higher than you need it. I play action games usually at like 8-9 on a ten-scale, and I'm playing this on 4, and it feels perfect. This clicks even better than something like Max Payne for me.

MrBlonde

Love this game! Just completed act 1 and watched the live episode. Loving everything about this so far, the gameplay is amazing, love the powers, graphics are fantastic, the characters and live action stuff are very good, I am very impressed.

Is there a way to stream the episodes without having to do that huge download? I want to watch them and the first one was enjoyable but I'd like to have the option to go back and not watch while I am trying to play, now I'm tired since that was like 20min and act 2 will have to wait until tomorrow now.

***The post right after mine answered that, I just looked at the timeline and see the episode, awesome!

leng jai

Time line on the main menu.

I'm in act two. This is next level Remedy/Naughty Dog level of environments and detail. Wow!

The work they put into the level design is just ridiculous.

Yes! Hit select and on the timeline you can hit play!

Edit: nnnnooooooo I got beat

Yes, press the "Back" button or I believe on Xbox One it is called "Menu" button. It will show you the Timeline. Just go over the TV Episode and press 'A' to play.

Thanks lads.

Well, I beat the game overall I had a lot of fun and really enjoy the story once Act 4 started. However, I did find the ending pretty abrupt and not exactly satisfying.

ElRenoRaven

Man this episode 3. Really loving them. I really thought that the tv & game stuff would not integrate well together but I was wrong. I'm totally eating crow on this.

Watched the first episode after choosing my first choice, yo this shit is dope As fuck. Digging it, wished the PC version was a good port :-(. So, far I'm really enjoying this, didn't think I was gonna like the TV show/game thing but...this is impressing so far.

Kid Goku

Banned
I'm in Act 2 and this game is just very blah for me. The gameplay just feels super one-note, just freeze shoot dash over and over again, enemies are too bullet-spongy and combat overall just feels unsatisfying. The puzzle/platforming isn't great and is kind of stiff. The graphics are super disappointing as well unfortunately which doesn't really matter to me but I was under the impression this was like a showcase graphics games but it seems really average and blurry.

I don't know, maybe it'll pick up.

So you don't like the gameplay (too one-note) and you are disappointed with the graphics not being able to outdo its hardware or match your expectations. I doubt it'll pick up for you.

So do you dislike every third-person shooter ? I ask because you can say the same thing about nearly every other shooter or even game out there.

"FYI Reminder: Win10 + Alan Wake(DLC) codes for pre-orders will distribute over the next 7-10 days in waves. Thanks again for your patience!"

Ughhhh

shandy706

I'm not a huge fan of film grain...but the game often looks like a freaking cut-scene...I don't know why the graphics/lighting aren't being praised like crazy.

No matter the res this is..it's just beautiful in motion.

qb01kfqp0.png

qb02x8pfm.png

The atmosphere is darn near palpable at times.

qb04ayo9z.png

qb05f1rg8.png

Couple more

qb06y8r13.png

qb07bgrci.png

Top Bottom