• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

MrBlonde

This game is amazing. Live action is studio-tv quality. What a quality game. Looks fantastic too. This game is a reason to own an Xbox One unless you have a good PC. It's that good.
This game is unreal, only did act 1 and the first live action video but your damn right about the quality of the live action, never expected it to look movie quality, it looks better then some stuff on tv and the acting is fantastic.

I can't believe I considered waiting on a sale for this since it's only single player but last night I said screw it and pre ordered, they deserve everyone's $60, support this game people.

Jarmel

Banned
Just finished Act 4. Holy fuck this final Act is going to be insane.

The game does an amazing job foreshadowing all of this.

"So it wasn't personal?" No.

lolololololol

awp69

"FYI Reminder: Win10 + Alan Wake(DLC) codes for pre-orders will distribute over the next 7-10 days in waves. Thanks again for your patience!"

Ughhhh

This is bullshit as far as the Windows 10 version. The AW codes say 7-10 days. The W10 code said the week of April 5th. They best come this week!

I've spent 45 mins in the first starting area alone

FCxjqUe.gif

..Remedy knows how to build worlds like nobodies business

quick question. I finished the act 1, then started junction 1. what is this? when do we see the TV show?

ps: I love the game, goty for Xbox one

ViciousDS

Banned
quick question. I finished the act 1, the MN started junction 1. what is this? when do we see the TV show?

ps: I love the game, goty for Xbox one

Just play.... Your like 5 minutes away from episode 1 TV show lol

I'm done.... Sadly only got through two chapters...... Took about 4 hours.... 100% completion so far :) haven't missed a damn item yet.

Now for sleep :(

xam3l

Finished the game. 14 hours with live action stuff and almost all collectibles. Looking back it felt really short. I'm one of those who finds the live action segments really crappy and sometime cringe induncing, I really hated that experience which I also find quite important for narratives sake.

I wish all we had a all new full act instead of the show. :(

Yo....wtf is going on here...is the Global Illumination glitched or something? I can't see where the fuck I'm going. Activating time vision doesn't help neither, this is the beginning of Act II.

y3mZJ1gcKBjPYXPvFbSVb3BjH-wSnQAS-BtB1p-KxSThgEKVrKLAUa4mtI_cfccH066POCKwE6x8ErvbzRDZnYn4Zvg6ZlELjBtT5CQzI4FWltQ6przdk_JMcxQlVxHgnHiuZ5V4PXVIXRqMEWhqBsOq6eUsksiLVrA5A7CafEly3A

Finished the game. 14 hours with live action stuff and almost all collectibles. Looking back it felt really short. I'm one of those who finds the live action segments really crappy and sometime cringe induncing, I really hated that experience which I also find quite important for narratives sake.

I wish all we had a all new full act instead of the show. :(

What did you think of the ending? Also, is there a spoiler thread somewhere to discuss this stuff?

Varg

Banned
Just finished chapter 2 and I must say .... Remedy outdid themselves . This is one hell of a game and presentation . Loving every minute of it.

DirtyLarry

Enjoyed the hell out of my first play time with the game. I got through Act 2 Part 1. Just called it a day at the beginning of Part 2.
All the "controversy" aside, it looks pretty damn good overall on the One to me.
The gunplay is on point. It is Remedy. Had no reason for it not to be.
Production values on everything is also damn good.
So far so damn good.

Gotta stop in and say I am super impressed with the game. I went in expecting to like it because Remedy is great, but also was ready to not be overly impressed with the show and the gameplay.

The show is fine, it's completely watchable and provides some fairly interesting insight into the other stuff happening in the world. I like that there are parts of the story that happen without Jack being there for. I feel like too many games have the hero appear at every single event, whereas this doesn't do that. The show really helps that. Even though its quality sometimes reminds me of a really well made web series, it doesn't get in the way (and I don't think it being reminiscent of a good web series is a bad thing).

The gameplay is also a ton of fun. The movement can be a bit clunky (reminds me of OG Witcher 3 at times) but it's never bothered me, same can be said for how much the guns kick. I like any game that has awesome powers and makes it so that those powers need to be used, you cannot rely on just guns.

And holy smokes does it ever look good. The time effects in game are the coolest thing I have ever seen in a game. So often I am just stopped in my tracks marveling at how cool some of these things look. Their engine makes it all look so easy to do, which is even more impressive. Just stunning stuff. I've said "holy shit" out loud multiple times thanks to the time effects.

I had to stop myself from just playing all night, right through to the end. I am just about done with Act 3, so it's not going to be a super long game, but the acts feel substantial. I already look forward to playing it again and changing all my choices.

Good on ya Remedy. It's maybe not the most innovative or revolutionary game this gen, but hot damn is it cool and blending mediums is risky and I greatly appreciate developers being weird and creative with story and presentation.

Wow at your comments, guys. Glad you're enjoying it.
Please, can anybody clear my mind and finally make me press the "confirm" button?

Sucks about the Win10/AW codes, but considering I'm still waiting for my American Nightmare code, I can wait :p I know I preordered late (last Wednesday), but still.

psychotron

So I'm really liking the game, but there were odd stutters/hiccups during cutscenes. Gameplay was pretty good except for some insanely bad pop-in when walking through the campus. The live action episode played fine though. Anyone else noticing these odd skips? Playing on XB1.

I've spent 45 mins in the first starting area alone

FCxjqUe.gif

..Remedy knows how to build worlds like nobodies business

Rockstar makes a pretty good business out of it.

Finished Act 1. Liking it. But man, that film grain on a pure black screen. I thought my tv was busted when i first started playing.

I can't remember the last time where I just sat down and couldn't put a game down. I've been playing it nearly all day and I just finished Act 4. Really enjoying this.

ducksauce8188

Neo Member
soooo I guess there is no 21:9 support for this game eh. wtf. looks all stretched on my 21:9 monitor on PC. any suggestions? I can't even change it to 16:9 by changing the resolution. I just stretches the screen if I change it to 1080. lol I'm about to not even play this shit.

ResoRai

Wowowowowow! Sorry Remedy, but Bruce just blew your story away. Gat damn it's sofine.
Does the screenplay email continue later in the game? Love it so far lmao

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
soooo I guess there is no 21:9 support for this game eh. wtf. looks all stretched on my 21:9 monitor on PC. any suggestions? I can't even change it to 16:9 by changing the resolution. I just stretches the screen if I change it to 1080. lol I'm about to not even play this shit.

Damn, 21:9 user here and I was about to purchase in hopes of support...shame.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Drinking and browsing on my phone. Accidentally opened the unmark spoiler thread, went to the last post and began reading.

Luckily, that particular post was worded in such a way I was able to realize my error and back out fast.

Phew. Close one.

totallydied

Neo Member
A word of warning to people like me i.e. acting before thinking, choosing new game completely wipes all progress, use the time line.

ducksauce8188

Neo Member
Damn, 21:9 user here and I was about to purchase in hopes of support...shame.

Highest res is 2560x1440. I seriously wouldn't complain if I could just play with the sides blocked off and play in 16:9. but to do that you have to resize it like any other program window. The odd thing is you can't even change the res unless you have it in full screen. I'm a bit new to PC gaming so maybe I'm just confused on that part.

Here is how I will be playing atm:
http://imgur.com/YaG3Wyx

Just finished Act 1, watching episode 1, loving this game. Even in the early stages, the gameplay just feels so damn good and so polished. The smallest of gunfights feel really exciting. And when you chain together a nice combo with your weapons and powers, there's nothing quite like that feeling from a lot other games we play lately.

I can tell Remedy nailed it with this game, even in these early stages.

I cant wait to have a proper sit down with this game. Got it installed with the latest patch and now downloading the episodes overnight.

Yeeee!!!!!!

Kudo

The wait for the PC keys is mind crippling.. Who thought it was a good idea to make people wait 5 days on a story heavy game like this?

Finished ACT 2, really surprised how good the game looks,hard to believe it's 720p. Also surprised at how good the quality of the TV show is, I was expecting a cheap TV show quality.

Also every car in this universe is a Nissan.

styl3s

So I am only like 10 minutes into the game so maybe this is how the section is supposed to be or maybe it's on my end but it looks like game has massive ghosting issues and I have motion stuff disabled on my tv is this normal? Xbox version

The wait for the PC keys is mind crippling.. Who thought it was a good idea to make people wait 5 days on a story heavy game like this?

You think they would of had a cross-play system already in place. If you bought the XB1 version when you are on the Windows Store under the same MS account it would just show as downloadable. Nope....they are physically emailing out all the codes. lol.

Microsoft!! What happened to you guys? Missing all the marks.

SPEA

Just finished the first episode. Loving it so far.

Also in a totally unrelated point...NISSANS SURE ARE LOVELY VEHICLES!

Hawk269

Still loving the game. It can look downright amazing at times and at other times it can be a bit rough...however, the amazing part far outweigh the rough parts visually. The lighting and the effect are just sensational. I really hope Remedy add's an option to turn off the film grain. I know what they were going for, but film grain is not one of my favorite things in games and I generally always turn it off if give the option. I think it would look a bit better without the film grain so hoping someone from Remedy is reading this and they at least consider the ability to give the end users the option.

Outside of that really loving the game. All I could think of at work was what I played for a few hours the night before and just love the detail that they put into the game. This is one of those games (even though I have not finished it yet) that I wish would be a 20hour game or so...it so good so far, I just don't want it to end. :)

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Played/watched through episode 1. Really liking it so far, though the acting/production values of the live action parts aren't great

You think they would of had a cross-play system already in place. If you bought the XB1 version when you are on the Windows Store under the same MS account it would just show as downloadable. Nope....they are physically emailing out all the codes. lol.

Microsoft!! What happened to you guys? Missing all the marks.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to get this PC version since I preordered on XBL. I simply cannot believe they are sending codes rather than just trying to the accounts. Holy shit the idiocy of it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Time abilities are really damn fun. I like zipping all over the place and taking down enemies.

They are fun, but as someone who got super creative with Crysis 1 powers, I feel like the time powers aren't clicking with me on cool stuff to do, other than freeze enemies and unload on them.

Anyone want to spark my creativity? I know there has to be potential I'm overlooking.

Top Bottom