• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

I am in act 2 part 3. Loving this game.

Also for some really weird reason the difficulty is on normal for this part of the act while everything else was on hard. Why?
Yeah that was weird, only noticed it when I went back into the mennu. Changed the difficulty and redid it.

Wasn't able to play last night after I was hoping to, so hopefully I can finally start today.

Curious what the sales will be for this though, only had 1 or 2 on my friends list playing this last night which was sad. Hopefully they are good for Remedy and Alan Wake 2's sake!

Wasn't able to play last night after I was hoping to, so hopefully I can finally start today.

Curious what the sales will be for this though, only had 1 or 2 on my friends list playing this last night which was sad. Hopefully they are good for Remedy and Alan Wake 2's sake!

Life half my friends list was playing it last night, so it seems to be doing pretty well in the hardcore circle at least (based on my lame anecdotal evidence). I'm curious how many casuals are getting pulled in, though.

Ricker

Just reached the first Junction and watched the first episode,which was great in my opinion,ties perfectly with the game and all,the stream was perfect for me,even during the chase scene and all...I love it...

I can see some upgrades being completly misseable though,as I found one by chance lol...I hope there's enough of them to get enough upgrade overall,even if you miss some.

FrsDvl

Just reached the first Junction and watched the first episode,which was great in my opinion,ties perfectly with the game and all...I love it...

I can see some upgrades being completly misseable though,as I found one by chance lol...I hope there's enough of them to get enough upgrade overall,even if you miss some.

By the time i finishd the game i found a total of 3 upgrades. They are really hard to find.. Lol

By the time i finishd the game i found a total of 3 upgrades. They are really hard to find.. Lol

No they aren't, they are super easy. Let me ask you this, did you know that your Time Vision leads you to them? When you activate Time Vision and see a little white blip that is a Chronon Particle, follow the direction of the blip until you find the Particle.

FrsDvl

No they aren't, they are super easy. Let me ask you this, did you know that your Time Vision leads you to them? When you activate Time Vision and see a little white blip that is a Chronon Particle, follow the direction of the blip until you find the Particle.

I did not know that. I didn't use time vision a lot either.

Maybe i'll do a second play through, and get some good upgrades this time around.

The Flash

Banned
First person to post the Nicolas Cage gif I'm thinking of gets an Alan Wake + DLC code for XB1. Google Image search "Nicolas Cage gif". The one I'm thinking of is in the top three rows.

This is only for people who have never played Alan Wake and do not already own it in some form or fashion.

Fuchsdh

Is it me or is in the first junction point preview for hardline
neogaf with the dark theme opened on one of the computers?

That was my thought too, could just be a generic forum though, with the color scheme a coincidence due to the Monarch styling.

First person to post the Nicolas Cage gif I'm thinking of gets an Alan Wake + DLC code for XB1. Google Image search "Nicolas Cage gif". The one I'm thinking of is in the top three rows.

This is only for people who have never played Alan Wake and do not already own it in some form or fashion.

cage5.gif

sam777

Just finished the game, really enjoyed it.

Surely the "I will come back for you line" to Beth, will most likely be story DLC.

KORNdoggy

https://youtu.be/bymDk2mYAHI?t=375

spoiler warning from early on in the first act (plus a trigger warning since it's pewdiepie lol) but what's going on with the reflections here? i know screen space reflections have limitations, but i've never seen something like that before. and it's the only instance of it that i've seen from the footage i've watched.

giphy.gif

Don't worry guys you'll get another chance, I already pre-ordered QB on the Xbox Store so I should be getting my own AW codes soon. I just like to win.

So far enjoying the game, but after playing the Division it makes you want to be able to lean in cover lol

You really don't even have to care much about cover in this game. Maybe in the beginning a bit, but now at about halfway through the game, I'm not even really using much cover.

Citadel

I just finished Act 1 last night, and I am seriously impressed. The level of detail in the game - and the show - is astounding. Only a few games have immersed me as much as QB has - the Last of Us being another example. The flow between cutscene to gameplay is seamless, and the addition of the TV show (which I was on the fence about at first) is fantastic. Simply incredible. But a part of me can't get over the fact that I've seen these actors before. Would have loved to see the original Jack Joyce model.
And not as a taxi driver

j-wood

There are still upgrades? What?! I beat act 1/episode 1 last night and didn't find a single thing. The game should at least show you the first one so you know they are POSSIBLE. Wow.

ViciousDS

Banned
and waste my time apparently

By virtue of you being the first person to post a cage gif I am making you the winner.

lets-ride.gif

There are still upgrades? What?! I beat act 1/episode 1 last night and didn't find a single thing. The game should at least show you the first one so you know they are POSSIBLE. Wow.

what if I told you they don't show up till act 2 and have a tutorial showing you how to find them literally right after you get out of the van?

ViciousDS

Banned
I'll say if I believe you tonight.

its right in the beginning of Act 2 just walk forward and don't climb the boxes on the left.....a little mini tutorial should pop telling you about them and you will be able to hear them as well.

Don't worry upgrades are not involved in act 1 at all

The Flash

Banned
The code is still up for grabs because people "just like to win" or they can't read.

Google Image search "funny star wars gif". What I'm thinking of is in the top row.

THIS IS FOR ALAN WAKE AND THE DLC (XB1). NOT AMERICAN NIGHTMARE. ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME. I WILL CHECK YOUR GAMERTAG ON THE XBOX SITE TO MAKE SURE.

Gestault

The code is still up for grabs because people "just like to win" or they can't read.

Google Image search "funny star wars gif". What I'm thinking of is in the top row.

THIS IS FOR ALAN WAKE AND THE DLC (XB1). NOT AMERICAN NIGHTMARE. ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME. I WILL CHECK YOUR GAMERTAG ON THE XBOX SITE TO MAKE SURE.

sw-pizza.gif

(Me at work lunches)

Top Bottom