• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

malfcn

After beating the game on one play through on hard, and nearly 100% the dashboard said 20 hours. There are probably a few hours of idle time (once was falling asleep) to be fair. I didn't feel like it was short. But I explore every inch.

It really is a shame that the PC version is a disaster for so many people. As a fan of shows like Fringe where crazy & weird stuff happens I am enjoying the plot, the time effects look incredible and I am liking the TV stuff more than expected (even though its very corny and some bad acting/script)

Also as someone who loves super power games like Infamous Second Son, I think the gameplay is superb. Its bizarre to me how people can rate this 4/10.

The Flash

Banned
sw-pizza.gif

(Me at work lunches)

Please read the bottom line again.

I really like that after you make a decision the game informs you what percentage of the community picked the same one as you. The one I just picked was 54% of the community picked the same one as myself. That's closer than I thought it would be.

ViciousDS

Banned
I really like that after you make a decision the game informs you what percentage of the community picked the same one as you. The one I just picked was 54% of the community picked the same one as myself. That's closer than I thought it would be.

Personal over Business?

I really like it when developers put small extra touches in their games. In QB lockers close when you walk into them and now in this
swimming pool
, all these chairs can be folded down, if I am wording that right. In many games these small things would be static, but Remedy went the extra mile for the small details.

After beating the game on one play through on hard, and nearly 100% the dashboard said 20 hours. There are probably a few hours of idle time (once was falling asleep) to be fair. I didn't feel like it was short. But I explore every inch.

20 hours is great. And yeah, same man, I explore every inch as well. But even then I still have missed some items. How accurate is the info on Time Played on Xbox One games hub pages? Mine says 8 hours and 49m. Like you I had some idle time as well. But what I wonder is, if I keep the game on and I go to Netflix, does that add to the play time? Or if I pause the game?

Also... does it count the TV show with it?

Kid Goku

Banned
I think if Remedy had the budget of TV shows, even the lesser ones, it would've looked a lot better for sure. But knowing the limitations they have, the medium, I think aside of certain parts on the show overall it feels engaging. So I just watched the 1st episode and:

even though Shawns character wasn't there to be seen, the other dude carried it. I thought he did a wonderful job. Let me look up his name. Wow I can't find the dudes name. Oh found it...Patrick Heusinger. Dude was terrific. Could've easily been the lead character.

ElRenoRaven

So started my 2nd playthrough and this time choose hardline on the first junction. Man the changes to the first episode are interesting as hell. I'm so playing so many times just to get every possible variation of the episodes. lol

malfcn

20 hours is great. And yeah, same man, I explore every inch as well. But even then I still have missed some items. How accurate is the info on Time Played on Xbox One games hub pages? Mine says 8 hours and 49m. Like you I had some idle time as well. But what I wonder is, if I keep the game on and I go to Netflix, does that add to the play time? Or if I pause the game?

Also... does it count the TV show with it?

That includes, idle, show, falling asleep and a few bathroom breaks. I'll assume 5 hours..so 15?

The aiming reticle in this game is incredibly hard to see at times. Pretty sure with past Remedy games that they had multiple reticle options, wish it were so with this one as well.

Des

Very much enjoying the combat in this, cinematic action games like this are made for me. The lack of hip fire is kinda disappointing though considering the emphasis on movement, not sure why they didn't include it.

jet1911

Just finished Act 1. That was fucking amazing. Everything was good, the storytelling, the story, the shooting people in the face. Amazing start.

Finished the game. Enjoyed the hell out of the game, Remedy you’ve done It again! Enjoyed the story, although were not as strong as Max and Alan. The TV show stuff I surprisingly dug for the most part, I was never expecting some HBO big budget show, so expectation were met. Gunplay is fucking extremely satisfying, wish there was more enemy variety and guns to shake things up a bit. One of my favorite games this generation. (Although I could count the others on one hand.) Hope your next game does not take 10 years Remedy. 13 hours 28 min on Hard. Took my sweet ass time just soaking up everything that they put in the game.
Stutters and VFX were always blowing me away, spent lots of time walking around in them.

Location spoiler.
http://i.imgur.com/MgqGJeP.png
http://i.imgur.com/dLkOki6.png
http://i.imgur.com/NOy7knY.png
http://i.imgur.com/WY9BsUn.png

Dubz

Really great game, and good show. The only thing is I wish I started in hard. Im breezing through the the gun fights on normal.

Really great game, and good show. The only thing is I wish I started in hard. Im breezing through the the gun fights on normal.

I the same feeling just watching the previews. So I started hard on my first playthrough, and I can say it offers a fair challenge.

nOoblet16

The last fight is terrible, ticks all the bad points about how a last fight should be which a lot of games end up doing because of the need for it to be "Epic"

Bad checkpoint system, wave after waves of enemies, way too overboard on the vfx meaning it's hard to see shit, some insta deaths etc.

I mean, why is the game rushing me to stop reading collectibles as I find them?

Also, what are you guys using for sensitivity? I find that regardless if i choose 50 or 60%, when I hit left trigger after rushing (forgot what move is called) to slow things down, I have to always overcompensate for the camera.
Especially strange considering how long these reads are, they are often news article length.

Gotta say that the flow and presentation of the story setup in Act 1 was pretty rough around the edges. Dude goes from hapless lab assistant to cold-blooded killer in less than a second!

Combat seems fun; we'll see...

Bgamer90

Banned
Everything about this game really clicks after Act One. So good. I would be VERY surprised if this game isn't in my top 10 by the end of this year.

nOoblet16

Gotta say that the flow and presentation of the story setup in Act 1 was pretty rough around the edges. Dude goes from hapless lab assistant to cold-blooded killer in less than a second!

Uh you probably should go through that bit again if that's what you think happened. You are missing the obvious here..so obvious that you had to be not looking at the screen to miss it.

nOoblet16

I need to ask again, does anybody know, why you can see many lights through walls and your character? Seems a little strange to mee.
Could you explain this any further ?
It's probably a case of low accuracy lighting at a distance or sometimes the game can get confused regarding whether you should be lit by the sunlight or the interior light whether if you are too close to a wall inside a building.

For those of you who have the physical copy on the One, do you still have to download 75 gigs for the cinematics? How does that work if you have the physical game?

GTI Guy

Ok I'm going to sound really dumb. How do I watch the TV show? I've played thru the first Act and haven't been prompted or seen the show.

shandy706

You missed some things then...heheh.

Your character definitely isn't a clean nosed lab assistant and he knows how to use a gun.

ViciousDS

Banned
For those of you who have the physical copy on the One, do you still have to download 75 gigs for the cinematics? How does that work if you have the physical game?

no.....its optional for digital and physical....when it gets to that portion it streams it like netflix would stream to your console....you can pause, rewind, fast forward, skip and even turn subs on and off

no.....its optional for digital and physical....when it gets to that portion it streams it like netflix would stream to your console....you can pause, rewind, fast forward, skip and even turn subs on and off
I see, thanks. How can you opt to download them, though? I assume there is an option to do so in-game?

Jarmel

Banned
The last fight was insanely annoying the first time just due to all the insta-death shit and the checkpoint/loading setup takes way too long. Took me six or seven times at least on hard.

I then had to beat it a second time to get the Hard trophy. Took me 5 minutes in one try. :/

ViciousDS

Banned
I see, thanks. How can you opt to download them, though? I assume there is an option to do so in-game?

yes, it should be in the main menu when you start up the game......saw some people mentioning it earlier. I have digital so I do mine through the store but physical does the download option in the main menu when you launch the game.

shandy706

I'm not really sure he missed too many things, much of Jack's backstory only gets further explained a little bit later in optional mails, documents etc. But yeah, point stands - Jack knows what he is doing ;)

Hmm, you may be right with the bigger details of his past. I'm only in act 2 and know a lot now..haha.

Be patient players. All will be revealed (waves hand in air).

It really is a shame that the PC version is a disaster for so many people. As a fan of shows like Fringe where crazy & weird stuff happens I am enjoying the plot, the time effects look incredible and I am liking the TV stuff more than expected (even though its very corny and some bad acting/script)

Also as someone who loves super power games like Infamous Second Son, I think the gameplay is superb. Its bizarre to me how people can rate this 4/10.

I find the combat here to be more interesting and fun than some superhero games like Infamous cause all of the abilities don't feel like slight variations of each other, each has use with certain enemies, and in combat scenarios it's rewarding to chain them dynamically based on enemy placement that's constantly moving thanks to pretty good AI. As you can't stay in cover for more than five seconds, you've got to think on your feet quickly on what abilities will be beneficial with which enemies. While I find combat in superhero games to be a snooze as you can feel overpowered with weak enemy AI so there's less incentive to be creative. At least from what I've played on hard difficulty.

I place this game along with games like Bulletstorm, Vanquish, and Superhot in that being creative is rewarded more than just playing it as a straight shooter.

Trying not to spoil myself on the game at all but I have a quick question:

I really loathed the unskippable cutscene fests in Max Payne 3, does this game have a similarly off gameplay to cinematics ratio? I couldn't sit through more than an hour of Max Payne 3 despite being a massive fan of the first two since I felt that it essentially provided about 20% gameplay 80% cutscenes I couldn't skip and didn't give a shit about.

Gameplay here looks awesome but I don't want it to be drip-fed to me in 20 second increments.

Fuchsdh

Your time vision icon will pulse if there is one nearby, activating time vision will show its direction for you.

They also show you where they are when you use time vision via the pinging graphic. I had a hard time figuring out where they were too but once I realized what it was showing it became really easy.

I really loathed the unskippable cutscene fests in Max Payne 3, does this game have a similarly off gameplay to cinematics ratio? I couldn't sit through more than an hour of Max Payne 3 despite being a massive fan of the first two since I felt that it essentially provided about 20% gameplay 80% cutscenes I couldn't skip and didn't give a shit about.

Gameplay here looks awesome but I don't want it to be drip-fed to me in 20 second increments.

Never played Max Payne, but when there are cutscenes they are usually quite quick in terms of taking away control and giving it right back. The live-action episodes are, of course, TV you're watching instead of playing.

That was infuriating. Here, there's a very positive gameplay-to-cinematics ratio and very little unskippable cutscenes, that I actually find myself anticipating to relax watching the TV show episodes after hours of playing. It also helps I care about the story and want to know more about the characters in this game versus MP3.

Top Bottom