• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Drewfonse

At least for me, this has been the worst night in terms of latency. I literally died 3 or 4 times tonight where it looked like my guy had a heartattack, only for the replay to show someone walking dead in front of me, square me up, and shoot me.

Also, they need to tone down the headshots. I can't believe this many people are fantastic at 50 yard panic headshots with SMGs. I feel like Im first shot, headshotted like.... 75% of the time recently.

Still loving the fuck out of the game though.

My exact experience last night.

GravyButt

Just bought it digitally on the ps4. Had a $20 gift card laying around plus a few dollars in my wallet already. Bought that 20% off coupon for $3. Ended up costing me $24. About to start downloading it soon and hopefully can play tonight. Have a busy next few days but definitely will be able to by Tuesday so im excited. Cant wait.

Add me on ps4 - kevbo887

Be warned I dont talk a ton and when I do I don't always make sense. I swear im intelligent its just ive suffered one to many tbi's :-D

Ps: any tips or what to suggest for ops for total noobs?!

Just bought it digitally on the ps4. Had a $20 gift card laying around plus a few dollars in my wallet already. Bought that 20% off coupon for $3. Ended up costing me $24. About to start downloading it soon and hopefully can play tonight. Have a busy next few days but definitely will be able to by Tuesday so im excited. Cant wait.

Add me on ps4 - kevbo887

Be warned I dont talk a ton and when I do I don't always make sense. I swear im intelligent its just ive suffered one to many tbi's :-D

Ps: any tips or what to suggest for ops for total noobs?!

I would pick characters that are not peoples first-choices for your first unlock, that way you can ensure that your character will typically be there for you to play.

Thatcher is incredibly useful on attack, but not many people play him. His role seems less influential to many, but destroying electronics in a huge AoE is actually unbelievably useful in some cases.

On defense rook is always a good one. He's simple to play, not many people pick him, and he's incredibly useful if your allies actually pick up the armour.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So many brilliant design choices in this game. It is well crafted. These folks really thought a lot about core elements of all shooters and tweaked them in ways few or none of the others do.

Locking operator loadouts and not allowing duplicate operators in matches... if I wasn't typing this on a DS4 I could write three paragraphs on why this is brilliant. OHK headshots to ensure this game remains a proper Rainbow. The way explosives are distributed is smart - Siege is one of the only shooters in a long time to avoid rounds devolving into explosives spam. And it's a relief.

Idk man, I could gush about this game. If I had a keyboard in front of me, this post would be so long.

Jarrod38

The game can be a pain in the ass with stupid ass teammates. While on the bank level I think it was they stood right in front of a window and were killed right off the bat.

I still don't get it the AI isn't good and always follows simple patterns, where it seems to surprise it is often given an assist that doesn't tie with a realistic sight line.
Whomever programmed the AI pribably said: sorry guys, it has to be this slow, don't worry it's just a tutorial nobody will care. But terrorist hunt would have some co-op legs if it was 60fps.

On situations it's a hit or a miss honestly, unless you're playing on Realistic then you'll know that the A.I means business. However, on Terrorist Hunt I find them to be relentless most of the time except for that one mode where you defuse the bomb, they'll just come rushing in like dumbasses save for sometimes they would be coming in from every side possible.

Really enjoying this game alot, the last time I've been hooked on an MP FPS like this would be the first Modern Warfare(COD4).

So many brilliant design choices in this game. It is well crafted. These folks really thought a lot about core elements of all shooters and tweaked them in ways few or none of the others do.

Locking operator loadouts and not allowing duplicate operators in matches... if I wasn't typing this on a DS4 I could write three paragraphs on why this is brilliant. OHK headshots to ensure this game remains a proper Rainbow. The way explosives are distributed is smart - Siege is one of the only shooters in a long time to avoid rounds devolving into explosives spam. And it's a relief.

Idk man, I could gush about this game. If I had a keyboard in front of me, this post would be so long.

I agree. I have a keyboard with me, but I just don't have the time. I'm writing a review for this game though... but I don't think I could give it anything higher than an 8 in terms of rating, purely because of the technical issues (matchmaking, and a couple of times I've fallen through the floor etc).

Speaking of falling through the floor, I actually feel through the roof of one of the maps yesterday, right into the objective area on 'Secure'. Enemies tried to shoot at me, but the game corrected itself and placed me back onto the roof. It was pretty funny, I can't imagine what it would have looked like from their perspective, as a guy falls through the roof onto the objective... must have caused them to panic a little. Probably thought I was cheating.

Do I have you on PS4 by the way? ID is the same as it is here.

dissa9

Neo Member
Just want to say this is a great game, always loved R6 and this is a worthy addition to the series.

My only complaint, I really miss phosphorous grenades, so much evil fun, I hope they add them at some point.

Evolved1

Just want to say this is a great game, always loved R6 and this is a worthy addition to the series.

My only complaint, I really miss phosphorous grenades, so much evil fun, I hope they add them at some point.
Lost willy petes, gained mustard gas. Rainbow still trolling the Geneva Convention.

GravyButt

So I have like 350 uplay bucks or whatever you call those things. Must of had them from previous games. Should I cash them in for the 200 renown or wait and see what pops up?

Evolved1

So I have like 350 uplay bucks or whatever you call those things. Must of had them from previous games. Should I cash them in for the 200 renown or wait and see what pops up?
They only sell two things on the storefront. Boosters and skins. Skins are very expensive, honestly, and with that few RC you couldn't even buy one of the premium skins. You'd be in the tier that can be unlocked with renown.

Boosters aren't as grossly overpriced, and they give a boost to all players in the squad, and the effect stacks when others have them as well... probably most wisely spent on boosters, or saved for a rainy day. They will put skins on sale.

Edit: just realized I read your post wrong. You said Uplay credits... lol ignore previous.

GravyButt

No problem! No clue what these things are or how I ever earned them to begin with. But I could grab quite a few 200 renowns with them if I wanted too it seems. But also wondering if they will ever put other cool things up there.

Just played my first situation but wont be able to play again for a while sadly. Got a nice taste. Watched all the tutorials for the renown credits too. So far it seems like itll be right up my alley and im excited. Can't wait to dive in.

Oh and as I type this a coworker just text me and said he picked it up for ps4 just now, score!!

Drewfonse

Yeah, screw team killers and hostage killers. I had a few run ins last night. The "vote to kick" isn't as intuitive as it could be, so these shits
continued into the next round. I should have just killed them in the next round. And sure enough, they played it coy and then shot the hostage right as we were about to defend successfully.

Assholes.

Game is truly fun and intense, though.

Anyone with Fuze experience, is he a good operator? I've never used a shielded character in a game, so I'm worried about the aiming.

Game needs a trial area where you can just take different operators out for a spin to see if you like them.

I think if you have the £25 season pass, you should be able to earn small amounts of Rainbow cash by playing the game.

I have the season pass. It's pretty crap.

Valkrai

Yeah, screw team killers and hostage killers. I had a few run ins last night. The "vote to kick" isn't as intuitive as it could be, so these shits
continued into the next round. I should have just killed them in the next round. And sure enough, they played it coy and then shot the hostage right as we were about to defend successfully.

Assholes.

Game is truly fun and intense, though.

Anyone with Fuze experience, is he a good operator? I've never used a shielded character in a game, so I'm worried about the aiming.

Game needs a trial area where you can just take different operators out for a spin to see if you like them.

Don't use Fuze during Hostage missions! More than likely, you could kill the hostage with the cluster charge.

Gaz_RB

Man I knew it wasn't worth the money but I wanted to throw my money at this game, since the maps and operators are free for all.

But still... it would be nice if it had a little more value.

Yeah, I was surprised they even went with a season pass... Everything you would possibly want a season pass for is free.

It should have been about 15 bucks.

kvk1

Is there like a threshold monitor I can check out while setting up open mic? Am I supposed to do it from within uPlay settings? Can't seem to find the levels anywhere.

Simo

Yeah I haven't had this much fun with a FPS since like COD4 and Battlefield 3 and Siege is my first Rainbow game too.

Despite some issues in the beta with matchmaking and the servers I haven't had a issue since launch day on PS4! Definitely going to get the season pass to support the game.

One minor issue I have is game chat sounds like shit with the Gold headsets. lol

Armaly

Is there finally a fix to the open mic issue? Have my mic set to disabled and it still open mics. Have it set to push to talk and it still open mics.

deoee

I just noticed this game has LOCAL Coop and TONS of customization for the matches
EWmof.gif

StewboaT_

I played for 8 hours straight last night and passed out before I got bored. Impressive! Haha.

Dubz, I tried adding you but perhaps it didn't work. You can try adding me, StewboaT.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Well, after following this thread over the past few days and seeing all of the positive comments and reviews, I just got back home with a copy for xbox one. Installing now...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
So from the reviews, I'm guessing this doesn't have AI teammates in solo terrorist hunt, or a planning stage where you set way points?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Going through the situations right now to get myself acclimated and get some renown. Didn't play the beta, but yeah, I'm really liking this right now

Agreed. Love that operators are exclusive choices. It makes you learn the other operators, which has led to discovering some of my favs, and helps you understand how to work as a team.

I bet if everyone had to play as Rook at least once, they'd understand to pick up armor :p

Anybody else have issues launching the game? I just bought it, but when i try to launch the game nothing happens. I verified the files, launched the game as administrator, updated drivers, turned off my firewall.

Top Bottom