• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Did not know Glaz could shoot through Castle barricades. Damn.

Your experience seems extreme and atypical. The servers are still to prone annoying drops and errors, but an entire night with no matches? Something else may be factoring in there.
We played Halo first with no problem but when we switched to r6s we kept getting failed to join Ehen trying to join each others squads, and my wife's and my nat would go from open to strict. I tried resetting our router multiple times. We had no trouble with black ops 3 after that though. It was so weird since r6s worked fine every other night we tried it.

Babyshams

Something I didn't know until last night. Go into your options and set your squad privacy to joinable or open. I forget the exact wording, but then your friends can join back into your game if they get kicked.

I've been playing since the beta and didn't know that.

Gaz_RB

Something I didn't know until last night. Go into your options and set your squad privacy to joinable or open. I forget the exact wording, but then your friends can join back into your game if they get kicked.

Pro tip, thanks.

Keihart

Yeah, that makes a lot easier building squads!

Pachimari

I'll remember to do this next time. Thanks.

Very helpful, thanks.

Loving Thatcher.

The sheer number of players, some quite high level, who do not pick up my Rook's armor is just astonishing. It's....right fucking there people. Nothing worse than fighting 2V4 and looking at the "4" over the armor, thinking what might have been.

I generally play as Rook and type in bold that ARMOR IS DOWN, PICK IT UP. Which usually gets the point across.

Last night we were playing on the biker bar map and I wasn't paying attention and went off to fortify. I fortified a bunch of walls and then barricaded myself into a small room a long ways away from my team(playing as Pulse) only to hear them breaching and I then see the armor placed back at the bomb. Ivemadeahugemistake.gif. Still ended up getting the drop as 3 of them walked by as I waited to ensure no one else was there with the pulse scanner and got 2 quick kills and an enemy down ftw. Pulse is great as a "roamer."

MANGOD

Banned
My first beef with this game is the lack of having any options of choice in terrorist hunt. Sure it would be nice to have the option of everything being random but in this day and age is it asking to much to have the choice of what map you want to play? If you want straight up terrorist hunt, protect the hostage or defuse the bomb?
Absolute basic stuff! Who ever rushed this out can DO ONE. Someone at ubi has to get the finger out their ass cause they are becoming an absolute joke of a developer and im feed up off being a beta tester in a aaa game.
Rant over

My first beef with this game is the lack of having any options of choice in terrorist hunt. Sure it would be nice to have the option of everything being random but in this day and age is it asking to much to have the choice of what map you want to play? If you want straight up terrorist hunt, protect the hostage or defuse the bomb?
Absolute basic stuff! Who ever rushed this out can DO ONE. Someone at ubi has to get the finger out their ass cause they are becoming an absolute joke of a developer and im feed up off being a beta tester in a aaa game.
Rant over

It's in the options menu under preferences. I've ONLY been playing T-Hunt as elimination instead of Bomb defusal and Hostage rescue.

Archpath1

Make sure you don't leave armor packs open, enemy can use them if not guarded

I snagged one from enemy it was great

Glaz can snipe through plane windows too

It's in the options menu under preferences. I've ONLY been playing T-Hunt as elimination instead of Bomb defusal and Hostage rescue.

I switched to elimination as well. I like the bomb stuff but I really love the elimination mode. For some reason elimination never came up for me once until I turned off the other modes.

Lebneney

Banned
Which community is largest for this game? If and when I buy it, I want to be on a platform that has the largest player base (even though that won't matter because you only need 10 people for the game to be playable).

I switched to elimination as well. I like the bomb stuff but I really love the elimination mode. For some reason elimination never came up for me once until I turned off the other modes.
Yup, same for me, which is why I turned off the other modes too.
Which community is largest for this game? If and when I buy it, I want to be on a platform that has the largest player base (even though that won't matter because you only need 10 people for the game to be playable).
I'd bet PS4 will have the largest community, but I'd guess that PC will last the longest.
Thank you! Why is this hidden away in the option menu!
No problemo. I was surprised to see it hidden like that too.

Then he doesn't belong here. This is a friends only site.
True, my R6 crew is called The Best Friends Club.

Gaz_RB

PS4 is always a safe bet.

It is the worst when you fall off the roof and bleed out while your team watches you ........

I've fallen a few times and it's like I'm using lifealert to try and get my buddies to come get me. One time I fell off a roof, my buddy whom I was following turned around to get me and he fell off. Both of us at the bottom waiting for a 3rd guy to get us. Pretty funny stuff.

Clydebink

Neo Member
Have any of you played both R6: Siege and The Castle Doctrine? I'm wondering how these two games might feel different and how they might feel similar.

ViviOggi

Game's actually #1 top seller on Steam right now. It's been #1 on GMG multiple times when I checked as well, but they have it for a reasonable price while a doomed 60€ Uplay game toppling Fallout on Steam even for a short time is pretty sick.

I'm dying within seconds^^ I have no idea what's happening here, lol.

Oooooh, hahaha. It can be unforgiving if you just hop straight in!

Pointers:

-"Watch" all the tutorials (you can skip through them) for an easy 800 Renown--can unlock an operator and decent attachments with just that
-Recommended progression for playing: Scenarios > Terrorist Hunt > MP. Scenarios introduce you to almost all mechanics of the game, earn you Renown, let you try a few Operators, and are actually challenging
-Use your mic in MP :) Even if you're the only one, use it to communicate what you're doing, what you see, where you have placed gadgets, etc.

Oooooh, hahaha. It can be unforgiving if you just hop straight in!

Pointers:

-"Watch" all the tutorials (you can skip through them) for an easy 800 Renown--can unlock an operator and decent attachments with just that
-Recommended progression for playing: Scenarios > Terrorist Hunt > MP. Scenarios introduce you to almost all mechanics of the game, earn you Renown, let you try a few Operators, and are actually challenging
-Use your mic in MP :) Even if you're the only one, use it to communicate what you're doing, what you see, where you have placed gadgets, etc.

Thank you :)

Edit: I just killed the whole team, that was amazing

kvk1

honestly, this is in my top 3 games of the year

i don't remember enjoying a shooter like this in a long time, if ever

it's brutally unforgiving, but when everything goes right, it's perfection

GravyButt

Just played my first match. Joined with two rounds left. First as defenders and nobody picked up my armor boo. Didn't do much sadly. Second round as attackers I was sledge and my camera found the package and 3 enemies. I led the way, sledged a garage door right to the package with team in tow, and shotgunned a guys face. Team cleaned the rest as I provided a few hit markers/cover fire. That was a m a z i n g !!

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I've found the best defense strategy and I'm sharing it with you plebs

Find a breakable wall that covers a likely entry point for the attackers. Punch a hole in it just big enough to look through, and camp. You're pretty much guaranteed to be quicker on the draw than the attacker, who has to take in the whole room first. If they use drones first like clever ducks they might get me first occasionally, but it's exceedingly rare.

Also add me on uplay: ultrajari, looking for games in a few minutes.

lordxar

Some dickhead random had the defuser and kept dropping it. Like repeatedly. There were three or four of us teamed up in party chat and the bomb was marked but every time dickhead dropped it the marker went away. So dickhead finally stops fucking around and climbed to the roof and promptly fell off. So as he sat there bleeding out I grabbed the defuser and left him to die. We win by defuse because the other team hadn't covered the one bomb and dickhead left the game. So good!

Top Bottom