• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Gaz_RB

Watching Lirik's stream on Twitch.

He is playing a 4-4 ranked match and commented "this game is really f****** fun!". Looks like he is seeing the light. Hope his stream brings more people to do the same.

Lirik is pretty influential. I could see him growing the PC community quite a bit.

More disconnections in ranked play today. First ranked match we tried, 2 of 5 of us disconnected.

What a joke.

Why didn't Ubisoft just hold off ranked mode for a little while? Let people find their feet, fix their shit.

Given that three of the matches I played with Gaz yesterday (of seven), suffered at least one disconnection, and another one today, right away... I don't think I'm going to be playing ranked anymore.

The game even has a reconnection system which works, only when it wants to. What the hell?

Animator

PC players.

I made a discord server for voice chat and created a bunch of rooms in there. It would be great if everyone used it for voice chat so we can easily organize groups and see who is playing and in need of a team. It is way easier to organize there than trying to organize by posting here or sending messages on uplay/steam.

It doesn't require a separate installation and runs in the browser, just bookmark it and you are good to go.

Use this link to join:

https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdg978tS

If link is expired let me know and I will post another.

Quoting this again. I don't know how much more convenient we can make partying up. We got room for one if anybody wants to join.

Drewfonse

Debating between mute and smoke for my next unlock. Leaning towards smoke. Do you have to manually activate his gas grenades or do they get triggered?

Decisions...

CaptainColada

Neo Member
Xbox here if you'd like to add.

User: Captain Colada

What little I've played has been great so far and would like to have some people carry me to victory.

Gaz_RB

More disconnections in ranked play today. First ranked match we tried, 2 of 5 of us disconnected.

What a joke.

Why didn't Ubisoft just hold off ranked mode for a little while? Let people find their feet, fix their shit.

Given that three of the matches I played with Gaz yesterday (of seven), suffered at least one disconnection, and another one today, right away... I don't think I'm going to be playing ranked anymore.

The game even has a reconnection system which works, only when it wants to. What the hell?

They still need to put in work when it comes to matchmaking and networking. Hopefully we see some progress during the mid-December patch.

Lol, couldn't find the bomb on the recon portion, rappelled right into thr A site window with no one guarding it. Surprised me to the point where it took a few seconds for me to realize where I was.

Had some great games co-ordinating with a partner last night, really digging it now.

It's weird this game was definitely on my 'skip' list and that's even after playing the beta which left me cold. Although I only really tried t-hunt briefly and was plagued by connection issues.

Funnily enough it reminds me of my experience with Rogue Spear - I remember hating my first experience of that game, getting tanked by the AI in that first museum level. However I ended up loving it and I believe it's the first game I ever used voice chat in, running Roger Wilco while playing t-hunt nightly with a regular group I can't quite remember how I fell in with.

I kind of hope the price does bomba a bit just so more people will give it a shot, I know even after a few positive reviews turned my attention back to this game I almost still didn't bite when I saw how micro-transaction filled it appeared.

After playing for a bit though I don't think it's as bad as it seems - I'd heard operators get exponentially more expensive to unlock and obsessed over my first few picks but the price only goes up within the 'unit' (I.E: SAS, FBI) and only by 500 points. Seems like the premium currency is really just for hideous gun-camo and a piece-meal approach to buying future dlc operators rather than going all in on the season pass or grinding them out for free.

Does anyone have any experience playing this with a 5770?

I'm considering the PC version over the console versions atm. I want to play with a mouse and I can stand 30fps if it's going to be fairly stable. But with all the destruction and all I'm assuming there will be a lot of sub30 drops

PC players.

I made a discord server for voice chat and created a bunch of rooms in there. It would be great if everyone used it for voice chat so we can easily organize groups and see who is playing and in need of a team. It is way easier to organize there than trying to organize by posting here or sending messages on uplay/steam.

It doesn't require a separate installation and runs in the browser, just bookmark it and you are good to go.

Use this link to join:

https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdijijG9

Joined.

uplay is smushroomed

GravyButt

Anyway to check detailed stats of your games or your friends games on the ps4? Not sure if it's already there and im just missing the obvious.

Answers from the AMA:

What we learned from this
  • Blood color is unintentional and will be fixed in mid december update
  • Tickrate is set at 64, but for some reason player movement is only refreshed 30 times a second, they are looking into this
  • There are no current plans for uniforms for separate teams
  • They are working on allowing players to select their own data center
  • The University map will be available for PVP and PVE, along with the other 4 maps that will come out in the next year
  • They do not have plans for further single player situations
  • They are working on the open broadcasting mic issue
  • Character Chat limit will be upped to 128
  • They are likely not to do random camera placement to reduce randomness in a FPS game. (Not sure how this doesn't apply to random spawn locations in casual matches)
  • They plan to do monthly in depth patch notes
  • Stats score timeline will remain out to save time between rounds.

Khrae

The University Map is a fifth map for DLC?

Bartlett is already in game, it's currently only playable in THunt as a bomb disposal mission. It's the one with the yellow fog making visibility dreadful..

They may just mean to modify the level so it's in the pvp map rotation, the fog may well be a feature.

Lourio

Added myself to the list.

Played a bunch of games last nigh and let me tell you, the salt was real. Really enjoying the game though. Cheers.

Nekrono

PC players.

Use this link to join:

https://discord.gg/0g3xFvOWXdijijG9

I'll look into this when I get home, would be cool to get a bunch of people together to play.

Rad-

Does anyone know of who is more effective at blocking the pre game scouting drones, mute or bandit?

Blocking pre-game drones as a Mute is not that useful, unless you play a more roaming defender. Any decent team knows where the objective is if you place the jammers close to it. And if you place them further away you are going to run out of time because you still need to pick them up again before they attack.

Mute's main mission is to defend reinforced walls with his jammer imo. He is amazing at this and it's the main reason why he is one of the best classes in the game.

owlbeak

I just found out last night that bandit can electrify reinforced walls with the battery so enemies can't place thermite on them. Is this common knowledge? That blew my mind!

MajorTom

finally added my Uplay name to the list.
I'll just put it here too in case anyone is interested

tom092

Playing on PC obviously. Might be on tonight around 8(UK)

Keihart

Yeah, I am really digging the blood splatter as is.

Yup, i do like the blood too.
Graphically this game reminds me of FEAR. but a lot better ofcourse.

Edit: Great games with Chrono and Co. last night, i only wish they fix de disconnects on Ranked, so we can play that since those matchs are usually harder.

xinek

I know that feel. We all do.

Yep. Happened to me in my second MP game ever last night, and I got yelled at. Super cool.

Edit: I seem to have a hard time killing enemies, even when I get the jump. The Siege stats site linked here says my accuracy is .27. How does that compare with you guys? Not sure if I should spend my xp on weapon attachments or just continue to unlock more operators and get good.

Khrae

Yep. Happened to me in my second MP game ever last night, and I got yelled at. Super cool.

Edit: I seem to have a hard time killing enemies, even when I get the jump. The Siege stats site linked here says my accuracy is .27. How does that compare with you guys? Not sure if I should spend my xp on weapon attachments or just continue to unlock more operators and get good.

I went 2 matches without getting a kill,I felt like a chump. Had a terrible day yesterday, then all of a sudden I played 1 match last night & got 7 kills, so who knows?

I've decided that cautiously edging around corners gets you killed though.

Other things what I have noticed:

Flashbangs give plenty of warning to allow the recipient to look the other way, I heard you can cook them.
EMP grenades ruin the defender's plans
Hiding behind a box doesn't stop you getting shot through the box.
Whenever you follow someone into a breach the last enemy is actually behind you.

I just found out last night that bandit can electrify reinforced walls with the battery so enemies can't place thermite on them. Is this common knowledge? That blew my mind!

Yes... that's why you'll often see teams pair him with mute and jager along with castle... you can then barricade/defend/reinforce so efficiently that sometimes the attackers wont be able to even get into the room (save for 12 melee hits) if they dont have Ash or Sledge or if they've been killed.

I was wrong, this game isn't going to die because of little content, it's going to die because of these f****** servers.

I've been kicked out of three games in a row now.

I tried to play Saturday night with my wife and a few friends, we could not get into one single match the whole night. It was beyond frustrating. I cant believe the problems this game is having online.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I tried to play Saturday night with my wife and a few friends, we could not get into one single match the whole night. It was beyond frustrating. I cant believe the problems this game is having online.
Your experience seems extreme and atypical. The servers are still to prone annoying drops and errors, but an entire night with no matches? Something else may be factoring in there.

Drewfonse

Blocking pre-game drones as a Mute is not that useful, unless you play a more roaming defender. Any decent team knows where the objective is if you place the jammers close to it. And if you place them further away you are going to run out of time because you still need to pick them up again before they attack.

Mute's main mission is to defend reinforced walls with his jammer imo. He is amazing at this and it's the main reason why he is one of the best classes in the game.

Very helpful, thanks.

Loving Thatcher.

The sheer number of players, some quite high level, who do not pick up my Rook's armor is just astonishing. It's....right fucking there people. Nothing worse than fighting 2V4 and looking at the "4" over the armor, thinking what might have been.

Your experience seems extreme and atypical. The servers are still to prone annoying drops and errors, but an entire night with no matches? Something else may be factoring in there.

I think me and my friends have been lucky then... only experienced maybe 2 players drop from our squad in dozens of hours of gameplay. We're also always able to find matches within 30 seconds. East Coast USA always sub 40 ping

Top Bottom