• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raise the flame shield: Your "controversial" gaming opinion.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
There are times I think non gamers know more about videogames than NeoGAF because non gamers aren't blinded by personal preference.

I've gamed consistently since the Atari 2600, and the Xbox 360 is my favorite console of all time...the era was flush with innovation: a persistent achievement score that carried across your entire collection, instant online, downloadable expansions for games I loved (yes, I know it became a problem), the Xbox 360 Indie Game marketplace, the retro revival that accompanied XBLA (games like Joust and Smash TV instantly available again), the high definition graphics, the cordless controllers that came standard, the very concept of a dashboard, games like Rock Band 3 (where you could use a real guitar), Skylanders (where your toys sprang instantly to life), and 1 vs. 100 (a live game show with actual prizes)...the list goes on an on.

Man, what a great time to game.

Top Bottom