• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

How the fuck do I drop weapons in Battletoads Arcade? i've only been playing for two minutes, and I'm stuck behind some green crates that I know I can pick up if I'm unarmed, but I don't know how to drop a weapon I picked up, and the game sure as shit doesn't tell me, and I can't find any help using Google. This is pissing me off.

did anyone here buy the game online from MS and get their $10 code? I haven't, and I think I'm gunna have to call em up because I can't find an email address to send a complaint.
I had the same issue with a game I ordered from them last year -- my $10 code never came. Took me about 5 calls, a dozen online discussions and over a month to get the code. Good luck.

Defect

did anyone here buy the game online from MS and get their $10 code? I haven't, and I think I'm gunna have to call em up because I can't find an email address to send a complaint.
I just checked my xbox rewards account and I have 30,000 points pending.

How the fuck do I drop weapons in Battletoads Arcade? i've only been playing for two minutes, and I'm stuck behind some green crates that I know I can pick up if I'm unarmed, but I don't know how to drop a weapon I picked up, and the game sure as shit doesn't tell me, and I can't find any help using Google. This is pissing me off.

Use it until it breaks?

The bomb moving mission in the prehistoric world of Conker is one of the most ridiculously unfair things I've played in my life. EVERY time I go through the tunnel to go outside the dinosaur at the very end I explode on impact immediately after entering outside. It's been 12 times now.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The bomb moving mission in the prehistoric world of Conker is one of the most ridiculously unfair things I've played in my life. EVERY time I go through the tunnel to go outside the dinosaur at the very end I explode on impact immediately after entering outside. It's been 12 times now.

Yeah, timing is tight on it.

You can actually drop off the side platform when you're first entering the area with the giant dino head which lets you cut the corner and save time, I always had to do it like that.

Battletoads Rat Race... Man. The first 2 portions of it were fairly easy, but that third part is nigh impossible. Can't make any lee way on him at all. Any tips? I'm not using any rewind at all, only infinite lives.

I'm just happy that the insane difficulty spikes I remember as a kid are still completely justified as such. Lord this game is still hard.

Anyone having any audio issues with some of the NES games? Battletoads in particular sounds awful. The sound and music cuts off constantly. I'm using external speakers. If I turn them off and just play through my TV, the sound issues go away.

Lothar

Banned

Knowing you're about to hear Conker's club music makes that part worth it.

I took a break from this game to play Donkey Kong 64 on Wii U. They really need Diddy Kong Racing on there too but alas, I'll continue to wait.

I'm surprisingly enjoying DK64 more than I thought I would. I know it's the collectathon to end collectathons but it's not that bad in retrospect.

That being said, the Banjo series is easily in my top five personal favorite franchises and DK64 doesn't really hold a candle to Kazooie or Tooie. I might jump into the DKC trilogy after since I'm on a Rare binge anyways.

Still in my top 3 favorite N64 games.

illusionary

Wow, that final boss in Snake Rattle N Roll... Rare certainly knew how to do difficulty! Somehow I managed to get it done, though typically, when I first did I immediately got run over by those boulders. A few rewinds later and I *finally* managed it!

Kinsei

Banned
Finished up Terrydactyland in Tooie (Well at least the eight jiggies you ca get on your first visit). I'm glad to be done the one level I don;t like and now it's on to my favorite level in the game!

It's really odd that you can get all 10 milestones before you finish Jolly Roger's Lagoon. Tooie sure is front loaded with achievements.

Xemnas89

So I played nuts and bolts for about an hour earlier and really enjoyed it actually. Now that I'm so far removed from all the drama that surrounded it when it first came out I can truly judge it based on what it is instead of what it's not. I did notice however that none of the screens I took seemed to show up. Can you not take pics of it or something?

So I played nuts and bolts for about an hour earlier and really enjoyed it actually. Now that I'm so far removed from all the drama that surrounded it when it first came out I can truly judge it based on what it is instead of what it's not. I did notice however that none of the screens I took seemed to show up. Can you not take pics of it or something?
I'm not sure about the screenshots, but how does the framerate hold up?

Also can anyone explain how the hell to powerslide in Blast Corps? I liked the game but now I'm starting to hate it.
Are you talking about Backlash? Gain some speed, turn and press X. Also ramp off small dirt lumps with Backlash and just crash into the building rather than using the back with a spin.

RoKKeR

Man, pretty discouraged with Banjo Kazooie right now. Have been really enjoying it but I'm at the last 1 or 2 worlds and either there was a difficulty spike or I've lost all of my touch for these kinds of games... Probably a bit of both. Any advice? I've only got 12 jiggies now, feeling gassed out and know I need to be at 25 before the end right?

Xemnas89

Not really enjoying nuts and bolts anymore. The physics are messing me up on a number of different occasions and as I predicted, the moment I started needing to create things myself my enjoyment was almost instantly gone. I'll play a little bit longer but pretty sure I'm not gonna get too much further.

bumpkin

Dammit... In Banjo Kazooie I finally got the last Jinjo which happened to be the one at the highest point of the "Spring" area in Click Clock Wood. The trouble is I did it rather ungracefully by jumping into the flower as Banjo (don't ask, I didn't realize the snarebears ignore the bee form). Something funky happened though and after I got hit and fell, the jiggy is embedded in the snarebear; I can see it clipping through the edges of it. Now even as the bee sitting right in its mouth,I can't collect the jiggy.

Is there any way to kill a snarebear? Or am I screwed by this glitch? If so, is there any way whatsoever to "reset" progress on a given world?

This sucks. :(

shezbot

Finally getting around to playing Banjo after all these years. When it came out originally, I had shelved my n64 at that point. Really enjoying it.

bumpkin

Finally getting around to playing Banjo after all these years. When it came out originally, I had shelved my n64 at that point. Really enjoying it.
Same. I officially consider it one of the best N64 games I never played.

Yikes. Try circling it with gold feather?

To answer your question,. you can't kill them.
I tried that, though not with many gold feathers. Maybe I just didn't circle long enough or something. The trouble is I don't have much room for error since the snarebear is sitting at the tip of a narrow ledge.

Is there an achievement in the game that is dependent on getting every single jiggy?

I had no problem with the mob moving mission. Took me about 3 tries i think. Now the mission where youre escaping the beach with a time limit before it explodes, that took me a little while.

I have to say, playing some of these old games again makes me realize that games were actually challenging back then(even if unfair at times). Cant say that about many games today.

Playing Bad Fur Days MP with my brother and friends is one of my fondest memories of my childhood but I just can't stand playing it anymore. The camera is dizzying, I need to inverse aiming and reduce sensitivity. The game needs to be patched with modern control set up.

Xemnas89

I really want to enjoy nuts and bolts but I absolutely can't stand the vehicle creation stuff. I'd prefer the game to provide me with a vehicle for every mission.

illusionary

Fuck Stage 14 in Cobra Triangle, I literally cannot get enough speed to do that final jump, even with power ups.

I didn't take the time to read up on the power-ups system until I got to the first boss and simply didn't have enough firepower to beat it - and had to restart as a result. It's important to get all the upgrades that you can as soon as possible, or you will get to places that you can't progress. You'll know when you've maxed one of the powers as you won't be able to invest into it any longer - except for firepower (which cycles between firing modes after six upgrades) and forcefield (which is a temporary shield each time).

klaus

I really want to enjoy nuts and bolts but I absolutely can't stand the vehicle creation stuff. I'd prefer the game to provide me with a vehicle for every mission.

Be sure to buy every available blueprint from Humba in Showdown Town. But if you don't like creating vehicles, this game is probably not for you..

Xemnas89

Well I'm starting to enjoy nuts and bolts again. I spent the last few hours just messing around and wrapping my head around the creation stuff and though I'm not good at it I'm feeling it more now.

Berordn

Well I'm starting to enjoy nuts and bolts again. I spent the last few hours just messing around and wrapping my head around the creation stuff and though I'm not good at it I'm feeling it more now.

If you don't feel like building one from scratch all the time try loading one of the chassis in Mumbo's garage.

bumpkin

There isn't. The only thing getting all jiggies is required for is to unlock upgrades before final fight. again, also unnecessary. I believe that notes and honeycombs are linked to achievements.

I say carry on. You're at the finish line.
Fuuuuuuuck... I think I hit the music note glitch. I'm missing 4 in Click Clock Wood and I can't find them anywhere. I found a video on YT that showed all of the locations, followed it season-by-season, and four notes are completely M.I.A. :(

Well this sucks. I wish there was some workaround to fix it. It sounds like I'm totally hosed though.

Drago

How do you get to the secret stage in KI Gold with the second controller? Can't seem to do it and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I press down and b (tried up and b too) after chiosing characters in 2P Arcade but it sends me to a normal stage.

How do you get to the secret stage in KI Gold with the second controller? Can't seem to do it and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I press down and b (tried up and b too) after chiosing characters in 2P Arcade but it sends me to a normal stage.

You need to do it with both controllers and you'll have to do it when you choose the character, not after.

Top Bottom