• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

Let us look at fanart to calm our nerves.
tumblr_nhrtmhys9A1tyjj6so1_1280.jpg

Haha aww thats really cute.

Gurrry

If we wouldve looked at this more closely, we wouldve known from the start. The fonts, while similar, are pretty different in some minor ways.

For instance, the R has a much smaller hole than the other R's. The N is especially more bold than the one in Ness's name for example. The A is also different.

After watching the video and seeing how he did the font. It made me go back and look at this. Its pretty obvious now that I look at it.

8Rcj020.jpg

Hatchtag

Banned
If we wouldve looked at this more closely, we wouldve known from the start. The fonts, while similar, are pretty different in some minor ways.

For instance, the R has a much smaller hole than the other R's. The N is especially more bold than the one in Ness's name for example. The A is also different.

After watching the video and seeing how he did the font. It made me go back and look at this. Its pretty obvious now that I look at it.

8Rcj020.jpg

Not true. For whatever reason, name fonts don't use the exact same font. There's some differences in the same letters when used in different names, iirc.

Mory Dunz

8Rcj020.jpg

Eh....it depends on which you're looking at.

Rayman's N looks like Sonic's N, even though it doens't look like Ness's.
The A looks the same as all the others.
The R looks like Greninja's R.
Any differences probably come from the angle.

Just saying, it definitely wasn't "obvious".

Ghazi

8Rcj020.jpg

Look at the N in Sonic and the R in Marth. Those look similar to the Rayman ones, obviously they're slightly different by characters.

Durden77

Yaaay glad it's fake. I like Rayman but I don't want him in Smash, at least over 7 other characters or so. Impressive work by the creator.

This guy has been doing this stuff for a long time. And he's come a long way too. I remember him from the Nsider forums. I remember those amazing Kirby hats that look like absolute shit compared to this Rayman art. I wonder how long it takes him to make these, because I really wanna see some more stuff.

Sponge

Banned
This guy has been doing this stuff for a long time. And he's come a long way too. I remember him from the Nsider forums. I remember those amazing Kirby hats that look like absolute shit compared to this Rayman art. I wonder how long it takes him to make these, because I really wanna see some more stuff.

I already sent him a suggestion that he should do Banjo-Kazooie. It's the closest we'll ever see those characters in Smash, anyway.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Not real? Well played. On a weekend was smart too, wouldn't have been able to ask around about it till the work week

Gleethor

It'd be interesting if this turned out like the Palutena fake where the images were fake but the character still ended up in the game. Or if this whole hoopla reignited discussions between Nintendo and Ubisoft about Rayman in smash.

Despite the leak being fake, I still think if there are any new DLC characters beyond Mewtwo, Rayman still has a very good chance of being one of them. I've thought this ever since the trophy was first shown in the pic of the day, and the leak being fake didn't really change that opinion. Artsy Omni has no impact on what the dev team does, just like all the numerous fake leaks that included Pac-Man, Palutena, Shulk, Bowser Jr and Mewtwo didn't affect their inclusion.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Explain please. Crap like this "victim blaming" and Rayman haters are much more infuriating than the leak turning out fake.
you need someone to explain to you the benefits of deductive reasoning when dealing with rumors from video game forums?

Now that's a moment to read about the thing, isn't it.

With all respect to the artist, that Rayman redesign looked ugly for some reason - Japanese Ratchet comparisons sound fitting. Great attention to general detail, though.

The fact Ubi has decided to announce a comment on speculation and rumors is the true gem here. What in the actual hell? The only explanation I can see is that they kept pushing on Rayman in Smash, and they had to consider for a moment if Bamco/Sora/Ninny aren't preparing a prototype for negotiations.

Phu

Banned

With all respect to the artist, that Rayman redesign looked ugly for some reason - Japanese Ratchet comparisons sound fitting. Great attention to general detail, though.

The fact Ubi has decided to announce a comment on speculation and rumors is the true gem here. What in the actual hell? The only explanation I can see is that they kept pushing on Rayman in Smash, and they had to consider for a moment if Bamco/Sora/Ninny aren't preparing a prototype for negotiations.

I think it would be hilarious if Rayman was planned to be DLC all along and this fake made Ubi panic and think it actually got leaked.

Sponge

Banned

Yeah, what's up with this?

SmithnCo

As far as the Ubi comment I have a feeling they just brushed them off and said they'd comment on the next available working day.

The game came out Friday though and they only just posted this. On a Sunday. When people normally don't work.

It's a clever way to take a stab at us.

Yeah probably, their social media team is probably up on this stuff.

kirby_fox

Banned

More interested in this and why they would wait for any kind of "announcement" on something if they knew it was fake.

Unless they thought the fake would last longer and thought "If we let this continue, maybe we can show Nintendo people DO want Rayman in?"

jph139

Credit where credit's due - guy put in work. I was never really sold 100% but this was a big one.

Anyone getting seriously pissed about this needs to get out more. I love Smash Bros. as much as the next guy but "Someone convinced me Rayman was in Smash Bros. for 12 hours but it turned out he was LYING!" is literally the least important thing I can imagine hating a person for.

Jims

Pretty hard to be mad at the guy when he explained his process so thoroughly and showed his work. Kind of a rare glimpse into the makings of a hoax. Interesting stuff.

K.Sabot

Lol how did he not see that coming? Convincing fake + rabid young fanbase + gloating about it on youtube + that glorious hair = exactly what you'd expect.

Top Bottom