• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DLC leak for Super Smash Bros. Wii U [revealed fake]

ffdgh

What I don't understand is why he revealed it as fake so soon. He could have kept us going for at LEAST a week, yet he decided to lose the hype on day 2... ah well, maybe I'm just cruel.

Still, heck of a well-done fake, that's for sure.

Yeah definetly he could have let the charade go on for a while if he wanted lol.

Oh, ok....

image.php

Ahnez

Aw, Mewtwo's proabably going to be the only DLC

Probably not.

Its not like SSB DLC is one of the easiest ways to milk more money from the existing fanbase or anything..

I believe Nintendo already realized that, even the best from Nintendo can't move more Wii Us, so, the best way to remain profitable is to focus on the current owners

Baleoce

His eye for precision is admirable, guys talented. It's actually a good thing he put that out there, it'll make people scrutinize this kind of stuff heavier in future if there isn't a trusted source for it, and hopefully make people less inclined to board those trains.

EulaCapra

Holy shit, what a bitch LMAO. He had the dedication to recreate the animated yellow lava lamp bubbles in the character select background. Props to him for that dedication in time and detail for that short clip.

The only thing real now is that After Effects investment.

Eh, I still think its real.

*Hasn't watched the video yet.*

*Probably looks like a fool.*

probably just someone pretending to make the video hehehe. #TeamReal

So wait.. are renders usually MADE IN 2D?! o_O

I always thought they were full polygonal models. WTF?

Models are literally 2D images with lighting attached to them*. It's entirely possible to create them by hand, although it would take a ton of effort.

*That's a gross oversimplification, but it's the simple truth.

DeaviL

Banned
You didn't believe it because of face value and the idea, but did you stop to think why some people were believing in it through?

It's not that we believed that but we hoped that it was true. Secretly many people wanted Rayman...

"He doesn't deserve to be in Smash" is the silliest anti-leak argument ever. It's why people were fooled, because that has never mattered, ever.
Because i totally said that?

Lijik

It was Rayman, Rayman
You know, "exclusive game for Wii U" Rayman... from Ubisoft....

Yeh gods.
I think it goes to show just how convincing the leak was that most people are still using "im still salty over the delay" as the reason it was fake.

This is why I'm skeptical of rumors/leaks. People with access to photoshop and after effects along with a whole lot of talent can try to make anything like this look convincing. That ESRB one was a fluke. Don't expect another one to pop up for a while.

DeaviL

Banned
Let's just keep this simple.

1. It started with small shots instead of video
2. Recent Nintendo DLC came out in packs, so i expect multiple characters and stages
3. It ain't from Nintendo i ain't believin' it.

Top Bottom