• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remakes & Remasters: Which 80s or 90s game do you think should finally be treated properly?

Cattlyst

San Francisco Rush. But keeping the same stupid physics, idiotic AI, shortcuts and collectibles and gaudy visual style, but way more detailed and current gen. “RUSHHHHH!”

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
golden axe sega GIF

Golden Axe Remade by Sony Santa Monica..... Oh man

SHA

The period of censoring blood and gore, how?
I don't know but the common theme I'd pictured from that period was the originality of new ips, it's okay to try playing something completely new, I think that's the only thing that's bothering me since then, screw monopoly, we want that.
Edit, you've changed the title, I'd pick the same games anyway.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If we’re remaking games zombie ate my neighbors, with a more focus on gameplay, if we’re remastering, Star Wars rogue squadron and being able to play that.

hinch7

Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy VIII
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
Duke Nukem 3D by 3D Realms
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Silent Hill
Metal Gear Solid

Sadly I don't have much faith in Konami to produce good games for the latter. Maybe if they outsourced them to decent/relevent devs.

Last edited:
I would like to see a "perfect clone" of Symphony of the Night with modern day graphics. Use the original audio, keep everything exactly the same, just replace all the artwork with modern high res assets.

SotN needs more warp rooms. Too backtracky.

acidagfc

Arcanum and No One Lives Forever series.

Neither would ever happen and I am eternally saddened by this fact 😭

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Absolutely loving the Ultima love in this thread.

Remake Ultima VIII and IX. U7 Complete with all the combat jank is already perfect 🙂
G-Police.
Descent Freespace 3. Again parts 1 and 2 are already perfect.
Battletech: Crescent Hawks Inception and Revenge
Mechwarrior II
MechCommander
Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity
Lands of Lore
Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
Freedom Fighters
Empire Earth
Black and White
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
SWAT IV

Would love to see Ape Escape come back remade to the same extent as Spyro or Crash. Give us a remake trilogy of Ape Escape 1-3.

Along side that, someone else mentioned MegaMan Legends. Would like to see a remaster collection since they're stuck on PS1 and PSP. Bring 'em forward now.

Top Bottom