• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rep. King: Use funding from food stamps, Planned Parenthood to pay for border wall

Yeah lets take two of the least wasteful and corrupt parts of the budget and throw them towards something that A) will never happen and B) is already mired in open corruption.

Lol that isn't going to come close to paying for it, not to mention why are we paying for it? I thought Mexico was going to pay for that fucking wall.

I'm fucking irate

image.php

Volimar

Wow, how scandalous, Steve King doesn't want his country invaded by people who have contempt for his culture and people! NAZI!!!

Is there a danger of this? Given that the vast majority of illegal immigrants are people who overstayed their visas. And where are all these contempt filled Mexicans who hate Americans?

Edit: Oh, Jon Tron. Jesus I wouldn't have wasted the energy to respond to that piece of shit.

bionic77

Why not use poor people, minority and women for the mortar of the wall?

That would save money and tackle the other problem of poor people and minorities?

mlclmtckr

Banned
I wonder how many Republicans are dumb enough to actually think there will ever be a wall. King is one, obviously. I guess Trump himself is another.

But outside of straight up mentally ill people I don't think anyone ever really thought it would get built, right?

Dice//

Banned
This border thing can't reasonably happen
can it??
, it's about the stupidest thing we keep hearing about. There's like a BILLION reasons for every one good thing it can actually solve (which is... i dunno, maybe dissuade someone a little bit).

I'm always confused by Iowa. They have seemingly progressive laws in many ways (one of the first to legalize gay marriage I think?) but then you get regressive shitheads like King representing them.

cameron

The lawmaker said the government needs to "ratchet back down" the number of Americans on food stamps. More than 40 million Americans receive food stamps, and nearly two-thirds of them are children, elderly or disabled. The average household on food stamps had income of less than $10,000 a year.

"I wouldn't impose anything more strict on anybody in America than what (former first lady) Michelle Obama did with her school lunch program. So, I would just say let's limit to that," King said.
"But we've seen this go from 19 million people now on the SNAP program up to 47 million people on the SNAP program," he added. "I'm sure that all of them didn't need it. So, we need to set this down and ratchet it back down again."

A document circulated on Capitol Hill in May said that a White House budget proposal would slash $193 billion from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) also known as food stamps. A CNN analysis found that of the top 10 places with the largest percentage of residents who use SNAP, seven voted for Trump in the 2016 elections.
No surprise there.

"We built the programs because to solve the problem of malnutrition in America," said King, who backed Trump in 2016. "Now we have a problem of obesity. When you match up the EBT card with what the scales say on some of the folks, I think its worth looking at."

"Michelle Obama looked at it. Republicans should be able to look at it too," he added.
Proper shitheel.

Top Bottom