• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump wants transparent wall so that border agents don't get hit on the head by drugs

Dalek

Damn cartels and their drug sack launching catapult technology.

B5F7di.gif

Daedardus

How do people throw 60 pound sacks over a 50 foot wall? If that were a possibility I'm more worried about the threat that that guy poses to other infrastructure.

RM8

The transparent wall thing is dumb as fuck, but there aren't near enough people poking fun at the fact that this dumbass also thinks that cartels are just going to casually toss millions, to tens of millions of dollars of drugs over a wall without any plan of reception on the other side, just "ok, America, here's your drugs, enjoy, oh, also, you guys mind throwing some money back over for us now? We havent received any payment for the last dozen or so drop offs."
Drugs are shareware now!

EGM1966

Hang on. Trump thinks they just randomly sling bags of drugs over? Like "hey here's $1 million in drugs free" tossing the bags to whoever happens to be on the other side?

Also is this the same wall that's going to have solar panels and look attractive on the US side?

Hang on. Trump thinks they just randomly sling bags of drugs over? Like "hey here's $1 million in drugs free" tossing the bags to whoever happens to be on the other side?

Also is this the same wall that's going to have solar panels and look attractive on the US side?

I have a friend who works in a hospital near the border.

You would not BELIEVE the amount of immigration agents who walk in holding duffel bags of coke, asking for treatment due to a concussion.

It's literally an epidemic.

Literally.

Believe me.

Literally.

My entire family was killed by rogue drug bags coming over the border. Granny got hit by a bag of coke that weighed more than she did.

To be fair, border agents were saying months ago that if a wall was to be built they would need to be able to see through it. Here's one article about that from February - http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-immigration-explained-20170222-story.html

The Border Patrol has already identified places for building new walls and fencing near El Paso, Tucson and El Centro, Calif., and is studying additional locations. Kelly has told lawmakers that Homeland Security will fill in gaps with ground sensors, surveillance blimps and other technologies that help detect illegal border crossings.

Border agents, he said, prefer barriers they can see through rather than a solid wall. About a third of the border, or 650 miles, already has fencing.

Still an idiotic idea, though.

First solar-powered, now transparent, does anybody else think Trump's ideas are not unlike an elementary school boy fantasizing about cool shit? "Yeah, I'd have a BIG WALL, but it will be see-through so you can see bad things coming, and it will all be solar powered. But not just that, there will parts of the wall where massive robot arms come out and wield lightsabers, and small doors in it that dispatch human-sized spiderbots that have laser cannons attached to their backs. That, and spikes, lots of spikes on the wall. ELECTRIC spikes! Oh yeah, the wall an teleport anywhere and fly!!!"

EGM1966

I have a friend who works in a hospital near the border.

You would not BELIEVE the amount of immigration agents who walk in holding duffel bags of coke, asking for treatment due to a concussion.

It's literally an epidemic.

Literally.

Believe me.

Literally.
But why? I mean I'm not doubting you but why on Earth are they tossing bags over? How the hell do you see ccessgully smuggle drugs like that? (I mean concussions aside I guess it's good they're not but it seems damn odd).

Well I guess I am doubting you a bit!

mackattk

This isn't even the dumbest thing about this conversation. Trump insisted on NYT (I believe) to publish it and make it public. He is dumb enough to say shit like this, but he is on a whole other level wanting it to be made public.

Window

Besides everything else what struck me is the insistence of having transparent solar panels ( which seemed like an impossible idea at first as solar panels function based on capturing energy from photons but such a thing does apparently exist, it just happens to be inefficient as you would expect). Like why?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
But why? I mean I'm not doubting you but why on Earth are they tossing bags over? How the hell do you see ccessgully smuggle drugs like that? (I mean concussions aside I guess it's good they're not but it seems damn odd).

Dude, cmon.

Steel

Banned

Were there not enough "Believe me"'s in that post to get across the satire?

Tigress

First solar-powered, now transparent, does anybody else think Trump's ideas are not unlike an elementary school boy fantasizing about cool shit? "Yeah, I'd have a BIG WALL, but it will be see-through so you can see bad things coming, and it will all be solar powered. But not just that, there will parts of the wall where massive robot arms come out and wield lightsabers, and small doors in it that dispatch human-sized spiderbots that have laser cannons attached to their backs. That, and spikes, lots of spikes on the wall. ELECTRIC spikes! Oh yeah, the wall an teleport anywhere and fly!!!"

Oh I've been thinking that since he started claiming that we would build a wall and make Mexico pay for it. Sounds like something an elementary school kid would say (it sounds good with no understanding of how things work or the feasibility of it. Things work like magic right and anything is possible cause adults can make anything work).

"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said.

I can just see the reporter starting to nod his head thinking this meant transparency in its budget, spending, selecting contractors etc.

Nope. Motherfucker meant a literal transparent wall.

And I gotta say, not even the top 5 craziest things he has said. LMAO.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I love the poster who asked why they would need to throw a bag of drugs over the wall when they could just pass it through the openings. LMAO the POTUS' line of thinking...

Lunar15

There has been talk of a wall with more points to see through.That's not far-fetched.

The way he describes and and the reasoning as to why we need it - that's what's dumb as fuck.

I wonder at this point whether he is just trolling the media.

On the one hand, he should be in jail. On the other hand, Pence might actually competently fuck up the country.

Either way, we're likely doomed for a generation at least.

I love how the problem is people being hit on the head with 60lbs of coke, so we're eliminating the problem of not being able to see the coke coming at you.

Yes. That's the problem we should focus on. NOT SEEING THE COKE BEING LAUNCHED AT YOU.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A 40 foot fence wouldn't be the worst implementation,since it could easily be removed or altered later as opposed to a giant concrete wall.

e_i

Trump's next modification for the wall:

"I want it to be force field...you know, like they have in Star Trek. I bet you you didn't know that they had force fields in that show. A lot of people don't know that."

Top Bottom