• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake | Gameplay Trailer, Information, Editions & Gameplay Reveal

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The B side campaign is how it was in OG RE4. We got to see her entire story from beginning to end in one go.

Personally, I like sticking with one character from beginning to end. Keep them separate IMO
I truly would prefer that too, and actually make Separate Ways even longer and more awesome...but apparently, it's not what's happening. And I'll deal. As long as I get to play as Ada and get to use her crazy kicks and hookshot, I'm down.

SSfox

The B side campaign is how it was in OG RE4. We got to see her entire story from beginning to end in one go.

Personally, I like sticking with one character from beginning to end. Keep them separate IMO
This, there is also a part where she has her own weapons and upgrades.

Man when i think about RE4 it had some of the most insane replayability in any game. The main compaign alone was a huge, with so many weapons, so many that you have to play more than once to test all weapons. Then you have separate ways, and mercenaries mode. Would be too dope to have mercenaries mode with coop.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Man when i think about RE4 it had some of the most insane replayability in any game. The main compaign alone was a huge, with so many weapons, so many that you have to play more than once to test all weapons. Then you have separate ways, and mercenaries mode. Would be too dope to have mercenaries mode with coop.
I literally never used the Mine Thrower in like 200+ playthroughs in almost two decades.

NT80

Looks great, it's RE2R team so it's promising, and good chance it won't be a 5H game.

Now just need to confirm mercenaries and Separate ways and we're good. I would be even fine if Separate ways will comes as DLC, but it need to be there.
Separate Ways was absolute garbage and not even made by the team that made RE4. Don't know why anyone would want that trash campaign back.
I'd like something with Ada but something brand new and for her gameplay to feel really different.

Arachnid

Thank god for the return of jacked Leon

FfjAiezXwAUHmUT

Yep, and it looks like they're taking that to a whole new level here. So many customizables. You can change the color of the attache case (all the different attache cases and charms have effects this time around btw; not just cosmetic), there are different filters (a hero and villain filter we've seen so far) Leon is going to have AT LEAST 5 costumes (the normal in game one, 4 preorder outfits shown and I'm assuming remade versions of his older costumes like RPD and gangster outfits). They'll probably have Ada's old look as unlockable, as well as the different costumes for Ashley like the knight outfit. All the REmake games have had good amounts of post-game unlockables too. This will probably bring back the hand cannon and PRL. Preordering also gives you new guns that weren't even in the original (the shotgun from original RE3 is a preorder bonus; weirdly it wasn't in RE3make lmao). They're probably bringing back all the old weapons from the original (we already saw the mine thrower in the gameplay).

Needlecrash

Not gonna lie, I'm fucking hyped for it! It looks incredible, real talk. Definitely seems much darker in tone than the original too, which I like.

However, chainsaw parry though....🤨

EruditeHobo

I really enjoyed 2 & 3, but I may be at my limit. I enjoyed my playthrough of RE4, I know everyone loves it, but for some reason I'm not super hyped to jump back into this one.

Kind of wish this were a Code Veronica remake...

Will probably still get and play at some point.

decisions

I seriously cannot believe it. It looks ideal....Instantly my #1 anticipated game. One of my top 5 games of all-time and this looks like it may somehow surpass the original masterpiece.

SSfox

I literally never used the Mine Thrower in like 200+ playthroughs in almost two decades.
I haven't use it in my first times, but we using quite a lot after. It's not a must, but it's quite fun and become more when you experimente stuffs with, 1 mine can save you a bunch of bullet if used well.

BTW this remind but RE4 had some real insane weapon feeling, some other RE games as well, by far the best on its era. There that cheap Sniper rifle with it reloading and feeling animation i could never got tired of. That was pure art.

Thank god for the return of jacked Leon

FfjAiezXwAUHmUT

Yep, and it looks like they're taking that to a whole new level here. So many customizables. You can change the color of the attache case (all the different attache cases and charms have effects this time around btw; not just cosmetic), there are different filters (a hero and villain filter we've seen so far) Leon is going to have AT LEAST 5 costumes (the normal in game one, 4 preorder outfits shown and I'm assuming remade versions of his older costumes like RPD and gangster outfits). They'll probably have Ada's old look as unlockable, as well as the different costumes for Ashley like the knight outfit. All the REmake games have had good amounts of post-game unlockables too. This will probably bring back the hand cannon and PRL. Preordering also gives you new guns that weren't even in the original (the shotgun from original RE3 is a preorder bonus; weirdly it wasn't in RE3make lmao). They're probably bringing back all the old weapons from the original (we already saw the mine thrower in the gameplay).
I feel like there is good chance that both Leon RPD and Ada long red dress will be preorder bonus, but as long as it's there...

March Climber

Gold Member
While true, it still felt like a DLC campaign/special mode due to it's length and how the boss fights were structured. I want to see them flesh it out fully if they decide on a B-side.

Arachnid

While true, it still felt like a DLC campaign/special mode due to it's length and how the boss fights were structured. I want to see them flesh it out fully if they decide on a B-side.
Agreed on them adding more.

Kind of funny, but seperate ways was about the same length RE3make was. Legit brutal.

Arachnid

Ffi_OssVUAA8Bjp

Look at that beautiful man. You may not like it, but that's what peak human performance looks like.

It's kind of funny, but I'm in the 200+ play throughs bracket too. I've used it for like 1 or 2 playthroughs. IDK why, I thought it was a fun weapon. I just got used to speed running and never needed it for a speed run. Even in professional. I guess it's because you get it so late, but by then you already have better ways to take out the portion of bosses remaining. Time your use of rocket launchers, and the two toughest bosses in the game are nonfactors. Krauser goes down to a knife in like a minute. It's fun to experiment with but there were more efficient ways to play through quicker

March Climber

Gold Member
Kind of funny, but seperate ways was about the same length RE3make was. Legit brutal.
I feel like one of the few people who were fine with RE3R's length because of it's secret intent. The entire game post-1st playthrough felt like it was training new players on how to speed run a video game. A lot of key design choices and enemy placements were made around training the player on speedrunning tactics too. It was more fun to 100% because of that.

cortadew

I’m interested to see what they’ve changed, but, the fact that the dog is dead in the beginning is fucking stupid as shit.

Like, I genuinely can’t believe anyone thought this was a good idea, and only proves to me that they’re removing anything that could even slightly change the story so that it can be more linear.
The dog is not really important honestly.

I really enjoyed 2 & 3, but I may be at my limit. I enjoyed my playthrough of RE4, I know everyone loves it, but for some reason I'm not super hyped to jump back into this one.

Kind of wish this were a Code Veronica remake...

Will probably still get and play at some point.
I hear ya.

I'll be getting 4make day 1 and will probably love it but I'm not getting hyped over it. OG RE4 is classic first time through but it just gets so repetitive about halfway through the castle on subsequent playthroughs.

I really hope there are puzzles and I think there will be. My biggest fear though is that it's just going to be waves of enemies like the original.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
The only way this could possibly be as good as the original is if they don't mess with the core gameplay which thankfully it doesn't look like they have.

oh_i_get_it_chris_farley.gif

sachos

Wow at the 4k trailer! 👏

This looks so good holy shit, i really hope they don't cut too much content but i doubt they can mantain that level of quality throughout all of the original content, RE4 is pretty long game. Every time you reach the island is like "oh yeah, there is this part"

March Climber

Gold Member
FfjCVO9agAAL2CU

DtlrhgPU4AAqXdM

A very, very small amount of wear and tear to his boyish looks. A couple of wrinkles and maybe a minor lack of sleep from looking under his eyes. Hopefully as you progress through the game the wear and tear increases until you get someone who just looks worn out from the non-stop horrors.

Kusarigama

That looks so incredible. There's changes to make it feel fresh but the high intensity gameplay is intact.

I didn't finish the original RE4(about half way done, I think) but all it was so amazing.

Nice to see Capcom doing the remakes with such care and love.

this shit looks so damn good. holy shit man. love how Ashley looks this time around. the castle environments are going to look amazing i can just tell. this is gonna be next level.

Anyone post this yet? Just noticed that Dr. Salvador has eyes on the mask.

I think it looks cool, a bit goofy, but still cool. It's unsettling, like being a mouse and an owl is staring at you.
8fCd5jh.png

Robb

Gold Member
Oh man, this really plays on my nostalgia strings.. Looks fantastic and also reminds me of what a great setting RE4 has.

Will be playing this for sure!

Aggelos

Here's some extended gameplay without the soundtrack.

Compared to the above footage by Dengeki, here's the footage by 4Gamer. Features some alternative scenes/cuts (because of different editing)
No commentary during the play - 4K quality.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Capcom next gen re engine is very powerful, for me it looks better than silllent hill 2 remake which use ue5
It looks nice but nothing mind blowing , typical remake with higher polygon counts , better textures , better lighting imo .. and that’s from a RE4 fan, that still has a sealed USA NGC version ..

Nickolaidas

This is how Resident Evil 4 should be. Fuck me, I don't see myself playing the original ever again after this jewel comes out.

SCB3

Damn this looks fucking impressive, and really how a remake should be done, minor changes and expansion on the areas and themes with modern controls, all the RE remakes have done this and not a single one is bad, yes even RE3, though I do wish it was bigger tbh

I especially like how Ashley is modeled to be a bit older, I always felt she was too young in the original which was weird that people sexualised her a bit too much

Nickolaidas

Not entirely sure, but I think that parrying the chainsaw ruins your knife. The second Leon knocks away Salvador, the knife's bar dropped to zero and the knife icon greys out.

Which is good, because parrying Salvador without a trade-off would severely nerf his threat level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom