• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

EvaristeG

Banned
What do you mean by officially?

These beta patches are officially pushed out by QLOC and Capcom. Or do you mean, will the game ever be patched without opting into betas?

I meant, do you have to do it manually or can you just wait for the patch to be up on steam ?

Grief.exe

What is the easiest way to tell if the Shader fix is working correctly? I'm playing Separate Ways right now.

I keep looking for specular highlights.

Grief.exe

New Beta patch just pushed out

Opt-In Code: RE4BETAoptin105

Fixes & Tweaks:
Specular highlight and bump mapping effect that was missing on the Xbox 360 version is now implemented in the Steam version
Implemented new stereo/positional audio for in-game sound effects
Your right hand comes off?
Fixed handgun aim jumping to the right for Modern K&M setting
Improved flares and yellow glow for torches, lamps, etc.
Fixed the spotlight passing through the wall during the jet-ski sequence
Disabled warm color filter after the "church puzzle"
Fixed mouse sensitivity during Del Lago charge
Fixed QTE difficulty for breaking enemies' grip while using mouse

New Feature:
Added vibrations to machine guns in Separate Ways/Another Order, Assignment Ada and Mercenaries.

Specular highlight and bump mapping effect that was missing on the Xbox 360 version is now implemented in the Steam version
Implemented new stereo/positional audio for in-game sound effects

WHOA!

WHOA!

Requiem+for+your+anus+_0d79b6aa91f16f8696628097342d27d3.gif

d00d3n

Wow @ the beta patch notes. I think it is time to start up my desktop computer after two weeks of playing Dark Souls 2.

feel

Holy wow, missing effects in without modding. Capcom is blowing my mind with the support for this thing, I totally expected them to drop this game on steam and make a run for it never to touch it again.

Newboi

This has got to be a joke....I don't believe you Capcom. You're actually giving the fans what they want?????!!!!

Does anyone know if we'll have to delete the current shaderfix?

This is incredible though! Now we just need the remaining fixes to gamma and things will be awesome! Hopefully we'll get an ENB that has good DoF, motion blur, and HDR effect!

epmode

Is the beta still affected by the screwed up gamma settings? I haven't played in a while so I'm not sure if that was fixed.

I'm honestly amazed that they implemented a shader fix.

Few more weeks and you can exchange playing Dark Souls 2 on a console to Dark Souls 2 on the computer.

And few weeks after that he can wait for someone to beta patch dark souls 2. It never ends.

Glad they fixed the game. It's clearly going to end up being the definitive version of one of the best games ever. Congrats to the team behind this port for making it happen and for capcom for somehow not messing this up.

d00d3n

Few more weeks and you can exchange playing Dark Souls 2 on a console to Dark Souls 2 on the computer.

Yes, I am eagerly looking forward to this, actually. PC was the insta-preorder, and PS3 was weakness/fragility during the release week (worth it though ...?)

Grief.exe

Holy wow, missing effects in without modding. Capcom is blowing my mind with the support for this thing, I totally expected them to drop this game on steam and make a run for it never to touch it again.

This has got to be a joke....I don't believe you Capcom. You're actually giving the fans what they want?????!!!!

Does anyone know if we'll have to delete the current shaderfix?

This is incredible though! Now we just need the remaining fixes to gamma and things will be awesome! Hopefully we'll get an ENB that has good DoF, motion blur, and HDR effect!

Thank QLOC for handling the port and Capcom for giving them the budget.

Just delete 07000000.pack from the RE4 install.

So erm .... does that mean this will soon have absolutely every graphical effect as intended from the Gamecube ?

You really don't want the DOF effect that was just a blur filter. Would look horrible at high-resolution.

ZeroCDR

Finally, definitely getting in on this beta patch. They kept breaking the mouse aiming after 1.0.2.

I'll uninstall the shader fix I guess, I'm legitimately shocked they implemented them. So does that mean incompetence on 360/PSN or what?

I still get wicked slowdown tho, and its irregardless of graphical settings. literally everything on low, or everythign on high, i still get slowdown when aproaching the village at the start of the game. And i can run RE5 on max, 2560x1600, @60fps

Well I mean, the GC version it was locked to 30fps too...

So I think this is still totally the definitive edition.

I would play this game at 30 fps but there is something wrong with the 30 fps setting in this version. Really stuttery. Like it's not running at 30 fps at all despite FRAPS telling me it is. Would look like the game still renders at 60 fps but throws away every second frame. Don't know how to describe properly.
Or does 30 fps in this version look normal for anyone here?

EDIT: Wait. 30 fps mode seems fine now. Hah.

I think we are confusing Seperate ways and Assignment Ada

Assignment Ada is just one large level with no saves.
Oops, you're right, my bad.

What is the easiest way to tell if the Shader fix is working correctly? I'm playing Separate Ways right now.

I keep looking for specular highlights.
Examine the hand grenades in the inventory, you can see a sheen, and bump mapping on the lettering.

Holy shit at that patch. Taking a break from Reaper of Souls to try this out.

Miker

Specular mapping? Positional audio? Vibration w/ automatic weapons in extra modes? AW YISS.

Time to hop into Mercs and see how improved the positional audio really is.

EDIT: Okay, positional audio is VASTLY improved in Mercs. I can definitely tell where the chainsaw sisters are now. I think enemy voices also benefit from this. TMP vibration works as advertised. As for specular mapping, I can't really tell the difference on many things, but this is just from a quick run on the village stage in Mercs. Maybe somebody could fight U3 and screenshot it - it should be all slimy again, right?

Specular effects are definitely working, but I don't think they're quite as pronounced as the Shader Fix mod. Don't know if this is more or less accurate to the GCN version. Ashley's belt, the typewriter, the bump mapping on grenades, all of these effects appear as they should.

Miguel81

So I guess now this port of RE4 is the "definite" version, right?

Or is there anything else missing from the GC/Wii version?

The audio in the GC/Wii versions are encoded in Dolby Prologic II. The PC version has basic stereo support.

Never mind. Positional audio has been re-instated.

DedValve

Banned
Is it possible to play this with the wiimote?

I'm struggling between buying the wii version or waiting till I get a good enough PC and get this instead.

Grief.exe

I'm struggling between buying the wii version or waiting till I get a good enough PC and get this instead.

You could play with the Wii Pro Controller if you like, but the aiming system with the remote was pretty unique.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

As a compromise, you can use the Wii Remote with an emulated version of RE4 on Wii. You get the benefits of high resolutions but you are still stuck at 30fps.

Awesome patches. Now we just need the texture mod for the absolute definitive ultimate edition to become a reality.

Should we uninstall the shader fix mod? Since the new patch fixes them does it create any conflicts with the mod?

Top Bottom