• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil classic bundle (original 90s PC versions of 1, 2 and 3) available now of GOG.com

dolabla

I have not tried with the GoG version so far but here are some pics from my Seamless HD modded copy from a few days ago.

When you use the mod launcher, make sure you choose the Seamless HD version from the dropdown, I think it defaults to the original version.

The HD lads also ran the FMV through an AI upscaler so it looks hell of a lot cleaner than default.

YISUqDD.png
gKSDRVS.png

OEwpT1V.png
JqnMAue.png
GfYvxSB.png
8T5M8PJ.png
On that third pic, notice the right side and bottom of the screen has a white outline of the 4:3 aspect. I have that same issue. I have tried everything and can not get it to disappear. It happens within the game as well.

Isa

I bought the bundle. Been wanting a way to play these since its so difficult now, in a legal means anyway. I'm mainly going for RE2, I've been wanting to go through that one again for some time now, and while I do/did really enjoy the remake it left out some big things sadly. And for RE1DC on PSN, that shite sucks that I'd have to upgrade my service for like 150+ just to play it, so hell no to that. Also RE3, my least favorite though I still really liked the characters in there. The backgrounds were stellar too.

I hope the GOG guys manage to somehow do a Dino Crisis 1&2 bundle as well. Though I don't recall them being on PC. Man back in the day I remember playing demos for GTA and RE2 with its dinky little timer and just replaying the hell out of it. Also Nocturne. So freaky and "mature" compared to what I was coming from in the previous gens. Later on I'd get a PS1 for Christmas and that was incredible and affordable way to experience many great games.

Soodanim

I bought the bundle. Been wanting a way to play these since its so difficult now, in a legal means anyway. I'm mainly going for RE2, I've been wanting to go through that one again for some time now, and while I do/did really enjoy the remake it left out some big things sadly. And for RE1DC on PSN, that shite sucks that I'd have to upgrade my service for like 150+ just to play it, so hell no to that. Also RE3, my least favorite though I still really liked the characters in there. The backgrounds were stellar too.

I hope the GOG guys manage to somehow do a Dino Crisis 1&2 bundle as well. Though I don't recall them being on PC. Man back in the day I remember playing demos for GTA and RE2 with its dinky little timer and just replaying the hell out of it. Also Nocturne. So freaky and "mature" compared to what I was coming from in the previous gens. Later on I'd get a PS1 for Christmas and that was incredible and affordable way to experience many great games.
You'll be pleased to know that PC ports of DC1 and 2 exist. Gemini has patches for them at his site: https://www.classicrebirth.com

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So apparently GoG used the original 96 Virgin Interactive PC release as the base, not the much improved SourceNext one. The FMV is 10 FPS and there are some weird skipping issues a lot of people are reporting where the game randomly skips frames.

This is a good release for preservation but as a port, it's kinda subpar.

Reactions: Isa

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Yeah, unfortunately installing RE1 Seamless is more involved than the very simple RE2/3 HD mods cause it builds on top of a few other mods.

I'd say delete everything and give it a fresh start and follow this if you weren't already:

Funny enough, I managed to get it working flawlessly on my laptop with integrated graphics. It is like a gamecube rerelease that never saw the light of day. Definitely the definitive way to play the original. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Funny enough, I managed to get it working flawlessly on my laptop with integrated graphics. It is like a gamecube rerelease that never saw the light of day. Definitely the definitive way to play the original. Thanks for your help.

Looks like the AMD card was the problem afterall?

deeptech

If anyone figures how to play on AMD card, please write. What a travesty this is, I can play on nvidia 1030 but not on RX6600, I get 2 fps...

Top Bottom