• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

So much was cut from Lost in Nightmares, didn't even end up releasing stuff included in the trailer.

Edit: I say cut but it a mix of cut and never finished.

finley83

Banned
I didn't like Lost in Nightmares either. The final boss was infuriating, and also I always struggled to maintain interest beyond the halfway point. Having to play the whole scenario in one go was also pretty annoying.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I've flipped since release. I used to love LiN and feel pretty meh about Desperate Escape, and now it's the opposite.

I've said this before, but I feel that Raid Mode could stand to learn a thing or two from Desperate Escape

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like both Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape about the same, did on release and still do. I think they're tied with 3-1 as my personal favorite chapters in RE5.

Desperate Escape I've always thought was a good accumulation of the 'struggle' fights in RE5 that are pretty intense,and I think is a well designed series of action-scenarios (though I have mixed feelings about the finale). Lost in Nightmares I enjoy exploring and think it's a lot more fun to try to avoid the enemies than take them on. I also like how both chapters have a few randomized elements for replayability.

RSB

Banned
Lost in Nightmares was ok, but nothing to write home about. The last cutscene and final boss were pretty cool, and the nostalgia of the first section was nice (on the first playthrough) but that's about it.

Desperate Escape, on the other hand, was totally amazing. 100% non stop co-op action, precisely what RE5 does best.

I like lost in nightmares as a speed run experience. It's fun just running past all the enemies.
Yeah, that's the only way I play it, really.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Only a little over more than a month left until RE7. I should start replaying the series real soon. Never finished my playthrough back in June.

BBboy20

Posted this in the ESRB leak thread, but we know who has the chainsaw now. Surprised no one was talking about it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder if that's where he might die, or perhaps becomes a more grotesque monster

a character's arm dismembered by a chainsaw; a man's leg taken off at the knee with a shovel; a character impaled through the face with a shovel.

Could in essence happen all at once
Dr. Salvador is never leaving this franchise, is he?

Dusk Golem

Oh dear... Apparently the demo wasn't scrubbed well enough... There were some MAJOR unearthed spoilers about RE7 in the code of the Beginning Hour demo of RE7. Not sure if it should be posted here on GAF or not. What do you guys think?

It has a list of probably every enemy in the game, every weapon, and even a few story spoilers due to trigger names (and a few interesting trigger names).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Make a thread, write SPOILER in the title and have a good discussion.

But please tell me, are there storywise connections to the other Resi Games? Just a yes or no :)

Jawmuncher

There's a story line connection that can already be seen like dusk said. I hope he makes the thread soon, will be interesting to talk about

Spinky

I only saw one thing.

If it's true, I'm conflicted and I think it makes zero sense at this point, but at the same time... fucking hype.

Dusk Golem

I'm really debating if a topic should be made or not. People are still mining it (there's thousands of files to go through), but it apparently includes every objective text in the game for example. so debating, debating.

kamineko

Seems like a thread would be a good way to give folks a head's up (as has been said) and centralize the discussion. Folks will be talking about it either way

Dusk Golem

See Jawie went through it, it is news but as the game has been doing secrecy for a while, it's a shame. But long as keep it in that thread we'll be fine.

I'm tempted to look up spoilers, but I think I'm going to just wait. We're less than a month away, and I might as well go in blind. I will ask one thing, is there any mention of any classic RE creatures at all? Just yes or no, if it's yes I'll just be surprised.

Jawmuncher

I'm tempted to look up spoilers, but I think I'm going to just wait. We're less than a month away, and I might as well go in blind. I will ask one thing, is there any mention of any classic RE creatures at all? Just yes or no, if it's yes I'll just be surprised.

No

kamineko

I'll probably stay dumb at this point. I haven't watched any vids about RE7 in months

Ony spoiler i've looked at (final boss) "
Albertlastboss
" Well, shit.

PC community spoils the fun at times. Good thing we don't have to spoiler dodge for too long.

strafer

Now if they could add a third person toggle I might consider getting the game.

the first person is the only thing standing in the way.

Jawmuncher

PC was a mistake.

lol

To be fair, if the xbox one and PS4 were cracked in some form to read the data I think people would have done the same. Back when RE5 released there was no PC demo, but people got all the info they needed from the RE5 360 demo.

At least it's close to launch. Imagine this amount of info back when the first demo hit.

Top Bottom