• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

AniHawk

Wait, for years everyone has been saying a rerelease of REmake was not possible because Nintendo owned the rights to it. What changed?

could be that the original contract had some sort of exclusivity clause for a certain amount of time, and it ran out.

So Resident Evil: Re-Remake.
I'm kinda already disappointed if this is just RE1 they should have thrown all 3, and maybe Zero, on a disk for 60$. Whatever will buy if/when the price is fair.

With pre-rendered backgrounds I hope we'll get the best character models ever seen on consoles.

i'm just curious how they will fix the pre-rendered backgrounds as they were 4:3 and pretty lowres.

Is it all remade from scratch or did they have the original files in HD format already?

L~A

They don't know anything more than we do.

Honestly, while I'm not expecting anything, I remember that Revelations HD was only confirmed for Wii U when they actually announced the game. Leaks didn't mention anything about that. And in that case, Famitsu scan doesn't either.

Looking at the Famitsu article, it only has the PS3/360/XB1/PS4 symbols in the bottom left corner.

Congratz for being able to read anything. You guys are ninjas.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I see there are other infos there. Are they pricing infos? We'll know when someone has the magazine itself, since there's no way to get it from the preview :lol

Jito

Banned
Cool but I'm more interested in new games more like the old RE games Capcom, not just more remakes.

ik49VlPshlPIz.gif

HOLY SHIT IF TRUE, IT'S BEEN 12 FUCKIN YEARS. DAY 0!!

How will this even work? I thought the issue with this sort of thing was that it couldn't just get an HD remake because of how the source material was made. I'm so confused. Excited, but confused.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This will sell like crazy, I feel like everyone has heard about it but hardly anyone played it on the Gamecube.

funkypie

Banned
pfff they are doing this because everyone knows crapcom are trash now and can't make a decent main RE game to save their lives.

Re even the REmake is one game that does not need a remaster.

Jethro

Looking at the Famitsu article, it only has the PS3/360/XB1/PS4 symbols in the bottom left corner.

What a pity. Wonder why It's still coming to PS3 and Xbox 360. They could save that money and put it into a Wii U Version. But in the end it's a business decision.

Shauni

Really interesting that the Wii U seems to be excluded. I know there was speculation that Nintendo had some type of lock on REMake and Zero, since they never saw a release on a non-Nintendo platform. Guess that deal has either expired or never existed.

Hopefully this means that there's a possibility of Resident Evil Zero receiving a similar treatment. It's a very solid entry that ended up not getting nearly as much attention as it would've.

Top Bottom