• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Anteater

1520yes20soccer20fangus5b.gif

grumpy

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Already own both the GC and Wii versions of it but

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Dear lord, please let this be a series reboot!

ILHASS

How will this even work? I thought the issue with this sort of thing was that it couldn't just get an HD remake because of how the source material was made. I'm so confused. Excited, but confused.
maybe they have source material in hd from the start..

Amir0x

Banned
nothing scarier than walking through a hallway you've already tread

then hearing some moan

and realizing it's a fuggin' unstoppable crimson zombie! RUN BASTARD RUN!

Uh, it's real.

Though I doubt it'll have any bearing on an RE2 remake. This is easy money for Capcom because it's practically finished. REmake 2 would have to be done from scratch.

I'm just in disbelief right now. ;_;
One of my favorite games of all time, and finally more than just GCN owners will get to play it.

Yes I know how Capcom is. That's why I said maybe. Let me dream. :p

Spades

Wow, pretty stoked about this to be honest. Hopefully if this sells well, we'll finally get a RE2 HD remake also.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

The original Resident Evil game is being remastered for release on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, Capcom has announced.

Due for a digital launch in early 2015, the game updates the original with 1080p visuals (for PC and new-gen consoles) and 5.1 surround support.

You'll be able to choose between playing the game in its classic 4:3 ratio or in 16:9 widescreen, and have a choice of control styles.

The classic Resident Evil control schemes remains for purists, along with a more modern style for moving characters more easily - in the direction of the analogue stick.

From its looks (via a small Famitsu image), it appears that the game will be based on the 2002 GameCube release of the game - the Resident Evil: REmake.

UrbanRats

Hopefully this means that there's a possibility of Resident Evil Zero receiving a similar treatment. It's a very solid entry that ended up not getting nearly as much attention as it would've.

To me, it was boring and uninspired, with a broken "leave objects around" mechanic, that they didn't bother fleshing out.

zeromcd73

Alrighty, I've never played Resident Evil before, but was always curious to try the series since it's immensely popular in Japan and might try it when it comes to PS4.

How is the story and the characters? Not a fan of the horror genre, but will do it for the story/character.

Danielsan

PC version! Totally bought.

We have to buy this if there's any hope for a RE2 remake. I shall buy 3 copies.
People need to buy this period. Maybe this will have Capcom return the franchise to its roots, rather than the shitty action games of the past 7 years or so.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Digital launch = DD only game. At least here in the West.

Dunkley

Super2xSaI filter for your pleasure!

j/k.......Don't screw this up Capcom.

Just watch them use Bibcubic and call it a day. (kidding)

What are the odds though of them just redoing the prerendered backgrounds? I know it's pretty unlikely, but at least that would solve the 16:9 woes as well.

-MD-

Everyone asking if it's good. Yes it's fucking incredible just buy and play the goddamn game when it comes out.

You will not regret it.

Ah great news, so many memories of the original Resident evil on ps1 and the remake on GC. I'm all for these remastering and HD updates keep em coming. I remember taking my ps1 to my friends house and scaring them with the original RE, they enjoyed it so much they bought a ps1 next day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is probably the best Capcom announcement since... I don't even know.

I hope this does well, and we can finally get a REmake 2

Poor Wii U...

Oh well, I guess I'll pick up the PS3 / PC version if this turns out to be a quality remaster. Maybe the PS4 / XB1 if I've invested in those consoles by then.

DAAAAMN give me those images

The Last of Us, all Halo, and THIS at 1080p in a couple of MONTHS?!

Greatest generation ever right here folks.

Did anyone actually predict this in the Famitsu scoop thread? I mean, it's been one of these things that people throw around for fun for years now.

Well, their scoop was a bona fide megaton. Super excited for this.

Edit: there's a "no tank controls" option? Awesome.

Alfredo

Still no RE2 remake, eh? :p

I need more info. Are the backgrounds still pre-rendered? Did they re-render them in HD? Did they find a secret vault that had all the original assets in high resolution? Maybe we're at a point that the backgrounds can be rendered in real time? I must know!

Edit:

Also, YES. A classic Resident Evil game finally matches the control options of RE2 on the N64.

Top Bottom