• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

FLD

Okay so my Steam copy of the game boots up with the Biohazard Revelations 2, complete with the Japanese warnings at the beginning of the game. does anybody else have it this way? Should I report this somewhere?
the rest of it is in English, voices and menus etc..

Has there been an explanation or fix for this yet? I just fired up the game for the first time and the same thing is happening to me. At first I was worried I somehow got a Japanese key but everything else is in english. It's just the two splash screens and the main menu that says Biohazard instead of Resident Evil.

Bought it from GMG, if that matters.

Nemesis_

I'm guessing those are the guys that show up in the Ep 2 preview?

I think it should be spoiler tagged if they are.

I'm seriously considering not coming into this thread anymore until Ep 4 is out...

We knew about those first two in a trailer previously and the third is, well, just a Raid Mode character.

I'll be more careful in the future though

Wow, I sure saw a lot of Last of Us, Silent Hill and Alan Wake in that first Episode. Even though I did enjoy it for what it is, Capcom is beyond pathethic.

vg260

From the Steam forum:

Hi all,

On behalf of Capcom, I'd like to express my deepest apologies for the trouble and confusion this may have caused.

The erroneous feature description was a careless oversight on our part due to the shared game description text used across a number of platforms. There's no other way to look at it; we clearly dropped the ball here and didn't handle the situation correctly.

Rest assured that our teams have been looking at a potential solution and/or options. Our plan is to make things right for the PC community, but we wanted to make sure a strong action plan is in place before sharing a more concise, official response through the Steam community.

I expect to have more info before we hit the weekend land. Please stay tuned.

-wbacon

Crappy situation, but well stated response.

Astral Dog

Speaking of that.

Spoilers

Is anyone surprised that Alex is female? it makes sense, that makes her character stand out from Albert, but was anyone expecting it.

joe2187

Banned
Speaking of that.

Spoilers

Is anyone surprised that Alex is female? it makes sense, that makes her character stand out from Albert, but was anyone expecting it.

Why?
They werent clones or in any way related. the wesker project kidnapped children from what spencer thought of as superior people and brainwashed them and then stuck em full of viruses

Shauni

I've heard the Last of Us comparison but not SH and AW, what does it have from those two?

If I were to guess, SH with the character design, specifically Ironhead, and AW the use of the flashlight. It's a fairly long stretch either way, though, since freakish monsters have been a staple of RE since before SH existed, and the light mechanic predates AW anyway and is not used in the same way.

Astral Dog

Why?
They werent clones or in any way related. the wesker project kidnapped children from what spencer thought of as superior people and brainwashed them and then stuck em full of viruses
Because then Alex would be too similar(at least appareance) to Albert, comprasions, rehash, something like that, Alex already looks like female Albert in white, besides its cool there is another female villain, i was thinking Alex could have different hair color or something, but that would be against what Spencer wanted, white ,blond haired children.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
eSLaJwA.jpg
vwI1QDr.jpg

Fuck his countdown mode very much.

After the intro it's not bad, but I went into full speedrun mode and skipped fighting everything after.

Shauni

I still haven't beat Barry's part of Countdown Mode yet. I'm going to take a bit of a break with it and come back later, got really frustrated trying to do that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Pre-ordered the soundtrack. $9.99 is an incredibly fair price for the music I've heard so far, apparently the whole soundtrack is 95 tracks long at a bit over 3 hours long. Looking forward to it, soundtrack releases the same day the final episode does on PSN.

Kssio_Aug

I'm using Barry, and am at level 12. Loving this game so far! Really, the Raid mode is so much fun!! I have not even finished the campaing yet, and am not really that much interested. lol

The only thing it is missing is the online co-op! I hope they add it soon, and I hope we can match-make since I don't have many friends who likes Resident Evil and that can play at the same time as me.

Dusk Golem

I'm using Barry, and am at level 12. Loving this game so far! Really, the Raid mode is so much fun!! I have not even finished the campaing yet, and am not really that much interested. lol

The only thing it is missing is the online co-op! I hope they add it soon, and I hope we can match-make since I don't have many friends who likes Resident Evil and that can play at the same time as me.

March 17th is when it sounds like the online for Raid Mode goes live. Capcom France answered the online would be available when the fourth episode went life, ResidentEvil.Net Support for the game goes live on March 17th, and that would mean the online is live by the time the physical release of the game goes up.

Kssio_Aug

March 17th is when it sounds like the online for Raid Mode goes live. Capcom France answered the online would be available when the fourth episode went life, ResidentEvil.Net Support for the game goes live on March 17th, and that would mean the online is live by the time the physical release of the game goes up.

I would like to see it releasing before, but I can wait! At least until then I will still hold interest, since the chapter 4 will just get released!

Dusk Golem

I would like to see it releasing before, but I can wait! At least until then I will still hold interest, since the chapter 4 will just get released!

Yup, I'm also curious because Capcom-Unity's Raid Mode Rundown has teased that when you complete all the Gauntlets in Revelations 2, some entirely new thing will unlock. Or to quote them, "the real challenge begins..."

Dusk Golem

Are those supposed to be zombies or something?

They're a new enemy in Revelations 2, those specific brand of them are called Revenants. They're sewn-together body parts combined with
Uroboros
, but we don't know all about them yet.

That particular enemy actually is pretty creepy in my opinion, though I've gotten good fighting them in Raid Mode. Basically, one of their limbs randomly is their weak-point (one of their arms, their legs, their torso, or their head), but you cannot see it as their greyed skin block the way, unless you're Natalia and use her enemy sight ability. You have to shoot the limb so their skin peels off and their weak-point will be an orange core connected to their muscle tissue if you shot the correct place. They also can morph their bodies around to take three stances, one is a stance where it comes at you on two limbs (like in the picture above), another has it where it turns its body upside down and goes on five legs and moves super quickly (faster than you), the last is a stance where it charges forward with its knife-like hand extended. A creepy combination of how it looks when it's shifting position, and how limbs of its body can be completely skinless, or the whole thing completely skinless, and it'll still be coming at you until its weakpoint is destroyed.

There's a few other similar enemies to it that haven't been seen in the campaign yet, but can be encountered in Raid Mode. They look and function differently, but obviously the same kind of enemy.

Wow, I sure saw a lot of Last of Us, Silent Hill and Alan Wake in that first Episode. Even though I did enjoy it for what it is, Capcom is beyond pathethic.

Yes, copying from good games, nobody should ever do that

/sarcastic

I've heard the Last of Us comparison but not SH and AW, what does it have from those two?

Moria's flashlight can stun/burn enemies, that's literally about it for Alan Wake. Fatal Frame 4 also has a character that does that.

Silent Hill because.... Dirty walls?

Unlike that poster though I have no problems with games borrowing ideas from each other.

If you're playing on PS4, the DS4 light changes from green, to yellow, to red according to your health.

Yeah I'm on PS4, I guess I didn't notice lol.

Dusk Golem

Yes, copying from good games, nobody should ever do that

/sarcastic

Moria's flashlight can stun/burn enemies, that's literally about it for Alan Wake. Fatal Frame 4 also has a character that does that.

Silent Hill because.... Dirty walls?

Unlike that poster though I have no problems with games borrowing ideas from each other.

While I think the whole thing is a bit overblown, I will admit I did think a little of Alan Wake. It's a mixture of Moira's flashlight ability, and the second half of Barry's campaign in the woods did remind a bit of Alan Wake. I'm not saying that's specifically what it is, but I was reminded of it.

This isn't a bad thing in my eyes, however.

ezekial45

Banned
Was there a title update recently? I'm now encountering some performance issues on the PC. During raid mode, my framerate gets cut to half when in places like Tall Oaks. When I'm facing graphical intensive effects, such as heavy flames, my game slows considerably.

It was just fine for the first few days, but It's gotten pretty bad.

Here are my specs:

GTX 760
8GB RAM
i5-4670 3.80 gHZ
Windows 7

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Are those supposed to be zombies or something?

Dusk Golem summed it up well. You generally only fight one or maybe 2 at a time, but in this section I ran past them all and found out they get huge speed bursts to follow you and I had a pack of 7 or 8 right behind me the whole time, which was goddamned terrifying.

If I were to guess, SH with the character design, specifically Ironhead, and AW the use of the flashlight. It's a fairly long stretch either way, though, since freakish monsters have been a staple of RE since before SH existed, and the light mechanic predates AW anyway and is not used in the same way.
Please, the whole log section in Barry's episode seemed like ripped out of Alan Wake. I an clearly remember a section there where you had to swing a pile of wood logs to open a gate - and here you do just the same. And yeah, the flashlight and how it is used also.
And it seems you noticed it too with the enemies. The ironhead doesn't fit in there like at all....

I wonder when someone will have merci and rip this series out of Capcom's cold, dead hands. It's just sad to watch what's happening with it.

Neiteio

On mobile. Bought Complete Season on PSN, thought it includes HUNK. Also downloaded Compatibility Pack, all from same account. But no HUNK in Raid?

Also, how do I use costumes in story? And when going to replay story, it says my data will be overwritten. Does this mean that in order for my data to continue into Ep 2, I'd need to beat Ep 1 again? Will I lose unlocked skills?

Anyone else disappointed Wesker doesn't have his super speed ability from RE5 Mercs? Kinda sad, but I guess I get it. Was hoping for more Melee options too, but it's still cool using him.

NIN90

I prefer the crosshair... just wish it was smaller.

Usually I'm 100% laser sight... but it's weird in this game. Feels too long and off-center. Idk.

Edit: Btw can you skip the fire part in countdown mode like you can in normal campaign? Just don't turn it on as Claire and stroll right through the door as Barry, skipping the entire control room section?

How do I turn on the laser sight? Can't find anything in the options menu on PC.

Has raid mode frozen while loading for anyone else?

Yes, same here. Everything works fine without an internet connection though. So there's that.

It's actually the same error LittleBigPlanet 3 has, or used to have, I'm not sure. It would also crash on level select when connected to the internet.

His evade cancel is more useful than any of them imo

While evade cancel is great, nothing beats Rhino Charge. (Wesker sticking his arm through his victim's body) The super speed with redirection and the knee finisher was great, but with no timer and causing his health bar to train would be a detriment in Raid.

On mobile. Bought Complete Season on PSN, thought it includes HUNK. Also downloaded Compatibility Pack, all from same account. But no HUNK in Raid?

Also, how do I use costumes in story? And when going to replay story, it says my data will be overwritten. Does this mean that in order for my data to continue into Ep 2, I'd need to beat Ep 1 again? Will I lose unlocked skills?
The complete season should include Hunk. His download should be free on the PS Store. You may still have to add it to your downloads manually, though.

dellingr

I'm loving raid mode but the freezing is ridiculous. Managed to do both the daily missions today but the game crashed after the second. I've tried to get on raid mode several times since and it keeps freezing on the loading screen before accessing raid mode. I've tried signing off but it wont let me access raid mode on the PS4 without being online. I've given up now but they really need to sort this out.

Really surprised about the freezing problems on PS4, already beat all the stages with 5 medals and my Claire is at level 53, not a single problem on PS4.

Barry's
master of unlocking
line really got me. Major kudos to whoever wrote that one.
The Alan Wake vibes are not just from the flashlight, the forest area is very similar to AW's.

Top Bottom