• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riven Remake releases June 25th

Never actually played this one, nice to see it getting some love considering that Myst has been remade at least 4 times, I think?

It's in VR as well I believe. Not sure.
It's the first time Riven will be released in full walk around mode. It never left the slide show era of puzzle gaming until now.
If your a puzzle lover like me you probably have already played it, but hopefully they changed up or added to the puzzles.

Edit-Yep new refreshed puzzles and expanded story.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Cool. This blew my mind on pc back in the day. I still need to pick up one of the Myst remakes one of these days.

Looks like a stunning remake.

I hope there are some options to use the original FMV live action assets instead of the 3D models (e.g. Gehn.)

Not sure if Cyan has mentioned this yet. I know there were some community mods to do this for the Sirrus and Achenar videos in the recent Myst remake.

EDIT: Looks like Cyan eventually patched the original video option into Myst 2021, so maybe they'll have that out of the gate for the Riven remake!

Last edited:

Starhowl

Hoooooooooooooot! 🎉
lagoon dron view GIF

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I definitely want to play this but I still have never played the first (properly, tried at time and then again a few times over the last couple of decades).

What version is recommended as the best remake of the original?

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
this thread also has the 2 different trailers for comparison, which are synced up if you play together, so it's easy to compare the Quest graphics to the full PC version

I'll be tempted to just get it on Quest3 for the convenience, although there's some obvious graphical reduction, particularly water and effects.

Last edited:
this thread also has the 2 different trailers for comparison, which are synced up if you play together, so it's easy to compare the Quest graphics to the full PC version

I'll be tempted to just get it on Quest3 for the convenience, although there's some obvious graphical reduction, particularly water and effects.
It's a shame that Meta Store doesn't have a 'Play Anywhere' option.
Would be a no brainer to buy it on Meta and get to play it native headset and/or PC.

As it is now, I will just buy it on Steam and play it using the Quest 3.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
It's a shame that Meta Store doesn't have a 'Play Anywhere' option.
Would be a no brainer to buy it on Meta and get to play it native headset and/or PC.

As it is now, I will just buy it on Steam and play it using the Quest 3.

They did have cross-buy for some titles, where you can buy on the Quest store but also it will unlock on the Oculus PC app. I have a few titles like that... the one that comes to mind is Bone Lab.

But that requires the game to be available on the Oculus pc store which was originally geared towards the Rift. Not many releases end up there anymore.

Top Bottom