• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Xyber

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to get the Xbox some day so I can play all of my ~500 songs I currently own on 360.

I knew it was never going to happen, but I really wished I could get my content from 360 to PS4.

Oppo

I heard a muffled "YAAAASSSS" from under the stairs and suddenly remembered where I kept my dismantled Ion drums.

superhype

Don't suppose I can transfer my Green Day and Beatles games into RB4? Would be awesome to transfer everything to PS4

Green Day, yes, there's already an export to Rock Band 3 available. Even if that doesn't work, the whole game's soundtrack is available for separate purchase in the Rock Band 3 DLC shop, even allowing cherry-picking.

Beatles, no.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I want an entire hip hop segment in this game. Hip Hop karaoke has been sadly missing from a lot of these games. Also Def Jam Rapstar just never had the library it needed or the support.

Yaari

Was not really thinking 360 -> PS4 was an option anyway. If it does become available, nice. Otherwise I'll have to deal with it. I don't see how they could ever get all of that to work.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wait, I don't even really remember how the transfers worked... do I need the games new or can I just buy any old used copy?

Surprisingly I'm interested in this. I haven't played Rock Band since 2 back in college but they were a blast at parties. The PS4 desperately needs local multiplayer games so I might pick this up. And I thought I was done with plastic instruments.

Ubersnug

So, we can import all the music we imported from the previous Rock Band Games - awesome. But that raises the obvious question, does also include Rock Band 3 as well as we never imported those tracks into any game.

Q: Will my old DLC work if I bought a different next gen console, i.e. Xbox 360 -> PS4?
A: Cross platform DLC compatibility is not entirely within our control, as DLC ownership is managed by the 1st parties.

GODAMNIT!!!!! T_T

360 -> PS4 user :_(

EDIT: also no keys suxxxx

Xis

Don't suppose I can transfer my Green Day and Beatles games into RB4? Would be awesome to transfer everything to PS4

Green Day was exportable (I've done it); should transfer to the new systems.

Also - I'm super glad that I bought an XBone and not a PS4 (all my DLC is on the X360).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Oh man I was waiting for this, after the Guitar Hero rumours I was crossing my fingers, preferred and LOVED Rock Band.

hodgy100

Oh wait, I don't even really remember how the transfers worked... do I need the games new or can I just buy any old used copy?

you bought a key in RB1 to export the songs off the disk, RB2 & Lego let you buy a cheap dlc pack for all the songs in them. id imagine they would just say if you have the RB1 export key then heres a pack with all the songs in it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't all this also kind of a confirmation that all previous DLC will be available for download on the next gen consoles? I could live with a best-of of my DLC.

Best news. Need to buy an Xbox One now because all my music from RB1-3, plus Rock Band AC/DC is on 360, plus I own the Beatles instruments for 360 as well.

Good news for Microsoft since they announced the One.

Very happy my huge catalog will carryover from 360>XB1. very sad i cannot carryover from 360>PS4.

but what are you gonna do? still happy

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is this actually true?

This is specifically for US

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15194802&postcount=1867

Rock Band 1 - 1.65M (360) 648k (PS3) 1.03M (Wii)
Rock Band 2 - 1.02M (360) 384k (PS3) 353k (Wii)

Release dates

RB1: PS3/360 November 20th 2007, Wii June 22nd, 2008
RB2: 360 September 14th, 2008, PS3 October 19th, 2008, Wii December 18th, 2008

At least for the first two iterations, that statement is half true: 360 had the biggest userbase, but Wii was a close second (and this despite Wii versions lacking features, IIRC).

Gazkapop

I would love to pick this up but if I can't somehow use my 360 instruments on PS4 then I'm out.

I can live without my DLC carrying over since I didn't have loads anyway.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Woot! Being able to carry over my X360 library = auto first day purchase. They had been coy about this at PAX Prime 2014, glad to find out this was their plan. :D Wooo!

All of my instruments are from Rock Band One, and they're all dusty, including Guitar Hero stuff. So, my OCD will make me buy the set if I get it.

Allforce

I still have the ORIGINAL wired RB1 band kit, and it all still works flawlessly. Yes even the drums.

Pretty stoked about this, due to some weird DRM or online-only issue (the 360 isn't hooked up online anymore) we can't play any of our DLC from the Rock Band games, just whats on the Rock Band 2 disc. Moving all that stuff to XBO is going to be amazing and reignite this game for us.

Didn't they already do this with RB3 when they bought the franchise back? I thought they had a re-release of the game where Mad Catz was distributing it but they were the publisher.

Nope. Mad Catz did distributing and publishing for RB3 when it was re-released. I'd be surprised if it's different for RB4.

Oppo

so glad I got the PS3 version.

actually I got the PS2 version, which was the same minus the disc. I was scrambling to try and get the thing for a New Years party and they hadn't quite shipped entirely to Canada yet. I went looking for either 360 or PS3 versions and only found PS2, did some quick research and took a gamble. I imagine the USB compatibility on those isn't the problem for RB4 so much as old MS wireless proprietary stuff.

Considering I basically missed out on this the first time round (bar Guitar Hero 3), I'll probably jump in this time (if I had the money :cry:).

Brofield

They really need to work on a universal platform going forward that's console agnostic.

An online account to track DLC purchased, and more importantly hardware that can be used between consoles, through a flip of the switch if necessary.

My decision to want to go 360 -> PS4 though is because I bought a bunch of DLC impulsively trying to rebuild my library from Wii -> 360 before they took down RHCP and a bunch of other artists. When I asked them on Twitter if there was any chances these artists would return, they said it was slim to none.

I'll hold off on buying those old instruments on 360 off Kijiji then, but oy vey...I gotta save up for this money sink all over again.

Some Bruce Springsteen would make it all worthwhile, though

Top Bottom