• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Evanescence Pack - $7.99

Everybody's Fool
???
???

giphy.gif

£25 does seem to be the going rate unfortunately. I still have the same cable I got with OG Rocksmith in 2012, so the quality is good at least.

Evanescence Song Pack – $7.99

* Evanescense “Everybody’s Fool” – DADGAD / Drop D [Bass]
* Evanescence “Going Under” – Alt. Lead
* Evanescence “My Immortal”

Would be cool if Misfits even made it to the qualifying round...

Trump.. Brexit... Rush Vs Dream Theater. So much wrong with the world!

Was just slumming it around reddit and found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/5rohrv/bands_rumoured_to_be_upcoming_dlc_v6/

Quite an interesting read, Toy. Disappointed no NIN in there, but very happy to see Nick Cave & TBS and Tool. Is the article just a bit of fun, or can you corroborate some of these via you sort-of-insider status?

Ew. Bad Religion vs Misfits

I could have sworn they were the only DLC packs that came out last year! Last year was pretty terrible for DLC overall. In fact, last year was pretty terrible in general.

In other news, no DLC clue for next week yet although bassists have something to look forward to apparently.

EDIT: 80's Pack II next week:

Kenny Loggins - Footloose
???
???

It's basically just a bunch of Paul Cross and Nao replying to tweets. Since South Park they rarely reply anymore though so it's stagnated

Footloose was the Sunday twitter reveal so um... that doesn't fill me with confidence about the other two tracks.

Edit:

80's Pack II (aka the 'almost an 80's movie pack')

Kenny Loggins - Footloose
Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock

That's a good 'guilty pleasure' pack. Might pick one or two up down the line but nothing I need to have right now.

80s Mix II – $7.99

* Kenny Loggins ”Footloose"
* Simple Minds ”Don't You Forget About Me"
* Twisted Sister ”I Wanna Rock"

That last one better fucking be Black Flag

It's going to be Coldplay though. Just make peace with it now to avoid disappointment! We do need some Rolllins in the game though.

Act of vandalism.. Smashing Pumpkins II? Broken by NIN - the complete EP? Oh wait...

It's going to be 'Break Stuff' by Limp Bizkit isn't it? That's totally it. Yuck.

It's going to be Coldplay though. Just make peace with it now to avoid disappointment! We do need some Rolllins in the game though.

Act of vandalism.. Smashing Pumpkins II? Broken by NIN - the complete EP? Oh wait...

It's going to be 'Break Stuff' by Limp Bizkit isn't it? That's totally it. Yuck.

haha I didn't even think of Break Stuff. Good one

Why do you keep breaking my heart RS? Also, fuck Coldplay.

Wag

Congrats. Keep at it! It can get quite a bit tough but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

I was getting hung up on one of the drills. If I try it again I'll probably mess it up.

Rocksmith is constantly missing some notes (like the first fret on the low E). Any tips on how to get it to recognize them better?

I was getting hung up on one of the drills. If I try it again I'll probably mess it up.

Rocksmith is constantly missing some notes (like the first fret on the low E). Any tips on how to get it to recognize them better?

Setup stuff aside, I would use the tuner in the pause menu to retune since the one that comes up before songs is usually off a bit.

Wag

Setup stuff aside, I would use the tuner in the pause menu to retune since the one that comes up before songs is usually off a bit.

I did and it's still not getting it. I'm pressing as pretty hard so that's not it. It could be my technique as I'm not used to playing electric.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
I did and it's still not getting it. I'm pressing as pretty hard so that's not it. It could be my technique as I'm not used to playing electric.

I had much of the same problems when I first started playing Rocksmith - here's some stuff I found that helped:

- If you're coming from an acoustic background, you might be pressing down too hard when fretting and making the note go sharp. It takes much less pressure to play an electric than an acoustic.

- Definitely seconding the suggestion to use the pause menu tuner to hone in more. You can also try double checking the tuning of the strings at the 5th/4th frets instead of just open.

- The game is pretty sensitive and will get expose any flaws in your instrument's intonation (which is almost always a big issue in cheaper guitars) especially if you ever go into lower tunings. When I was playing RS on a cheap Squier, sometimes I had to adjust where I pressed down (closer or further from the fretwire) for certain notes to get recognized correctly. o_O

Xyber

Open up the pause menu and press down the fret like you usually do and then play the note. You are probably pressing too hard and it will show that the note is sharp in the tuner.

#CheckYourIntonation

Wag

I had much of the same problems when I first started playing Rocksmith - here's some stuff I found that helped:

- If you're coming from an acoustic background, you might be pressing down too hard when fretting and making the note go sharp. It takes much less pressure to play an electric than an acoustic.

- Definitely seconding the suggestion to use the pause menu tuner to hone in more. You can also try double checking the tuning of the strings at the 5th/4th frets instead of just open.

- The game is pretty sensitive and will get expose any flaws in your instrument's intonation (which is almost always a big issue in cheaper guitars) especially if you ever go into lower tunings. When I was playing RS on a cheap Squier, sometimes I had to adjust where I pressed down (closer or further from the fretwire) for certain notes to get recognized correctly. o_O

It's a used Epiphone SG G400. I changed strings, but I will definitely fool around with the intonation.

Xyber

It's a used Epiphone SG G400. I changed strings, but I will definitely fool around with the intonation.

That was my first guitar I picked up with the game and it has been pretty good for me. After 4 years I still haven't bothered to get it a proper setup because I'm too lazy, but I have messed a bit with it myself and it's pretty good for the most part. It's just the G-string that I can't get it how I like no matter how much I fiddle with it.

But that guitar has been used with pretty much all tunings between E standard and Drop C just fine, but now I have an Ibanez that is setup for Drop C, so that SG stays at E and sometimes Eb now.

Here is this week's DLC by the magnificently dull Coldplay. Not officially announced yet but an Ubi forum poster found the tracks on the Xbox store.

Coldplay Pack of Broken Infernostew Black Flag Dreams

The Scientist
Yellow
Viva La Vida
Clocks (oh, yay! Piano transcribed for guitar, my pet RS peeve)
Fix You
In My Place

I will say though, the quality of DLC this year - even if it's bands I don't enjoy like the above - has been way, waaaay better than whatever they were doing this time last year. Hopefully they keep it up.

Here is this week's DLC by the magnificently dull Coldplay. Not officially announced yet but an Ubi forum poster found the tracks on the Xbox store.

Coldplay Pack of Broken Infernostew Black Flag Dreams

The Scientist
Yellow
Viva La Vida
Clocks (oh, yay! Piano transcribed for guitar, my pet RS peeve)
Fix You
In My Place

I will say though, the quality of DLC this year - even if it's bands I don't enjoy like the above - has been way, waaaay better than whatever they were doing this time last year. Hopefully they keep it up.
I would take 1 song over this whole pack.

Black_Flag_-_Six_Pack_cover.jpg

Edit: Not even close to my fav Black Flag track either

Coldplay Song Pack – $13.99

* Coldplay “Clocks” – Alt. Lead
* Coldplay “Fix You”– Alt. Lead / EABGBd# [Rhythm]
* Coldplay “In My Place” – Capo Required [Rhythm]
* Coldplay “The Scientist” – Capo Required [Alt. Lead] / EADGCf [Rhythm]
* Coldplay “Viva La Vida” – Alt. Lead / Eb Standard [Bass] / Capo Required [Alt. Rhythm]
* Coldplay “Yellow” – EABGBd# [Rhythm]

III-V

My wife picked this up for me for Valentines Day (thanks babe!) as I recently had mentioned to her how I regretted not keeping up with guitar, its been about 12 years since I played everyday. I had super lag in the beginning until I bypassed my rcvr with the video signal and used optical for audio into the rcvr.

I now play this as soon as I get home and into the night. This game is a lot of fun. Man it can be tough to 'loosen' up after this long, but I am picking it back up again. My fingers are absolutely shredded and falling off lol.

I started with dynamic difficulty on with fast progression rate and a beginning sight read of 4. I think that was fine to start with, I am now playing at a 5-6, still getting used to the sight reading - although I think it is generally well done. Sometimes the low difficulty is much to easy and I just end up playing along in between. It gets better when you can see more of the chord structure.

The games are surprisingly fun, and there are some really great songs on here as well.

but no Zepp :(

Oh well Rush is pretty great too. I purchased the Cake and Weezer DLC hell yea thats fun.

Beastie Boys three pack! I'll stir fry that in my wok.

Beastie Boys - No Sleep Til Brooklyn
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Beastie Boys - ???

I think we can safely say the 'act of vandalism' is Sabotage?

Beasties are one of my all time favourite groups. Would love for Sabrosa to be in the pack, although my money would be on Sabotage and Fight For Your Right rounding it out.

Beastie Boys three pack! I'll stir fry that in my wok.

Beastie Boys - No Sleep Til Brooklyn
Beastie Boys - ???
Beastie Boys - ???

I think we can safely say the 'act of vandalism' is Sabotage?

Beasties are one of my all time favourite groups. Would love for Sabrosa to be in the pack, although my money would be on Sabotage and Fight For Your Right rounding it out.
This I can get behind. Never been a big fan of the Beastie Boys but recently I've been listening to them a whole lot.

This I can get behind. Never been a big fan of the Beastie Boys but recently I've been listening to them a whole lot.

The 'holy trinity' of Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head and Ill Communication are where it's at. Although avoid Paul's if you're not a big fan of sample-based music (apart from Barrel of a Gun, anyway). EDIT - Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun needs to be in Rocksmith...

I was in a record shop earlier and blew a small fortune on the new Fire Walk With Me vinyl. Afterwards I noticed they had the Iggy/Stooges/Jarmusch 'Gimme Danger' movie on Blu Ray. Worth going back for after pay day?

(...)
Oh well Rush is pretty great too. I purchased the Cake and Weezer DLC hell yea thats fun.

Welcome to SmithGAF fellow roman numerically-named community member!

I was in a record shop earlier and blew a small fortune on the new Fire Walk With Me vinyl. Afterwards I noticed they had the Iggy/Stooges/Jarmusch 'Gimme Danger' movie on Blu Ray. Worth going back for after pay day?
I was actually at a 35mm screening of Fire Walk With Me where it was like the vinyl release event but you could only get them if you had a preorder. The vinyls look real nice but a bit out of my price range for something that I wouldn't play all that often. Fun fact: Angelo Badalamenti is a customer for my dad and my business and I've been in his studio before which was awesome. We haven't actually done work for him in some time so I haven't had a chance to talk to him about the new Twin Peaks series.

The Stooges doc is pretty good but I won't be picking it up. I don't know how big of a fan you are so that may be worth it to you.

I was actually at a 35mm screening of Fire Walk With Me where it was like the vinyl release event but you could only get them if you had a preorder. The vinyls look real nice but a bit out of my price range for something that I wouldn't play all that often. Fun fact: Angelo Badalamenti is a customer for my dad and my business and I've been in his studio before which was awesome. We haven't actually done work for him in some time so I haven't had a chance to talk to him about the new Twin Peaks series.

The Stooges doc is pretty good but I won't be picking it up. I don't know how big of a fan you are so that may be worth it to you.

I was pretty late to the party with Iggy/Stooges. The doc was around £7, so thought might be worth the spend. Might just rent it.

Jealous about Angelo! You need to get some work in to try and get him to leak some TP3 info. I prefer the FWWM soundtrack overall to the series version, had to get it to complete the set. Although I got my series vinyl replaced because it sounded pretty nasty with pops/crackle/hum. They replaced it but the new copy isn't much better. Hope the FWWM vinyl got pressed somewhere with better quality control, haven't had the chance to play it yet.

III-V

I am starting to think I may have a bad real tone cable.

I hear frequent cut-outs while playing. At first I though it might be the guitar, so I set it down and turned the volume knob all the way down. I then went over to the ps4 and jiggled the cable a bit. sure enough: crackle crackle, just move it so slightly and it crackles and pops and cuts in and out. I disconnected and re-connected all attachments to make sure its really well seated, but I cant seem to shake this.

Is this a known issue? Any one else experience this?

Top Bottom