• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Only four songs in C-Standard.

dean-man-tears.gif

Any other DLC to hit that besides QotSA?

Nemesis Arch Enemy C Standard C Standard C Standard
Go Into The Water Dethklok C Standard C Standard C Standard
Awaken Dethklok C Standard C Standard C Standard
Thunderhorse Dethklok C Standard C Standard C Standard
3's & 7's Queens of the Stone Age C Standard C Standard C Standard
No One Knows Queens of the Stone Age C Standard C Standard C Standard

http://theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-setlist/rocksmith-2014-tunings/ use quotations for accurate searching

I am starting to think I may have a bad real tone cable.

I hear frequent cut-outs while playing. At first I though it might be the guitar, so I set it down and turned the volume knob all the way down. I then went over to the ps4 and jiggled the cable a bit. sure enough: crackle crackle, just move it so slightly and it crackles and pops and cuts in and out. I disconnected and re-connected all attachments to make sure its really well seated, but I cant seem to shake this.

Is this a known issue? Any one else experience this?

Welcome to PS4 Rocksmith 2014. It won't be your cable, it's a bug they claim they can't recreate in their studio, despite countless players (including myself) experiencing it.

I can't get rid of it permanently, but a good work around is to check calibration in your settings (the part where you 'make some noise! Mute! Make Some noise! Mute).

When you're happy with this power down your PS4 completely (not low power mode) and unplug the cable. Start the PS4 up, and launch the game. Don't plug your cable in until the DLC is enumerated (when you're in the menu screen, you'll see a notification appear in the top right telling you it's enumerating - as you're a new player this should only be brief or not there at all.. unless you've already blown a fortune on DLC). If (when) the pops/crackles/alleged figments of our imagination return, repeat above from powering down (don't worry about recalibrating).

Hope this works for you!

Only four songs in C-Standard.

dean-man-tears.gif

Any other DLC to hit that besides QotSA?

Rob Zombie has something with a C in it (Superbeast maybe?) and A Perfect Circle's song from their second album with a name I can't recall right now because I really like my Bushmills at the moment is also some kinda C tuning. Not standard, but nice and low with floppy strings so should scratch your itch a bit.

EDIT - Sabotage confirmed for the Beasties pack! Glad to get my Nathan Wind fix

i6NYMSP.gif

III-V

Welcome to PS4 Rocksmith 2014. It won't be your cable, it's a bug they claim they can't recreate in their studio, despite countless players (including myself) experiencing it.

I can't get rid of it permanently, but a good work around is to check calibration in your settings (the part where you 'make some noise! Mute! Make Some noise! Mute).

When you're happy with this power down your PS4 completely (not low power mode) and unplug the cable. Start the PS4 up, and launch the game. Don't plug your cable in until the DLC is enumerated (when you're in the menu screen, you'll see a notification appear in the top right telling you it's enumerating - as you're a new player this should only be brief or not there at all.. unless you've already blown a fortune on DLC). If (when) the pops/crackles/alleged figments of our imagination return, repeat above from powering down (don't worry about recalibrating).

Hope this works for you!

Wow ok thanks for this. I will try this out this evening. How bizarre.

Beastie Boys Pack of GIVE IT TO ME NOW

Fight for Your Right
Sabotage
No Sleep 'til Brooklyn

Obviously I'm very keen to get my hands on this, If I have any criticism it's that I wouldn't have minded them trading one of the Licensed to Ill tracks for Sabrosa, Gratitude or Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun, but that's how it goes when you're restricted to a few songs by a favourite artist per pack. Plus there's always the prospect of more Beasties down the line.

Looking forward to Sabotage, even if it is one chord. It's a great chord. And it'll be a lot of fun on bass as well.

Beastie Boys Song Pack – $7.99

* Beastie Boys ”Fight For Your Right" – Eb Standard
* Beastie Boys ”No Sleep Till Brooklyn" – Eb Standard
* Beastie Boys ”Sabotage" – Alt. Lead

Variety Pack VIII feat. Kasabian "Underdog"

OK, at least it's not a bad Brit rock pack and there's no Kaiser Chiefs. I fucking hate Kasabian though, in an uncontrollable fashion. They're a bunch of unconvincing fraudulent posers with really shit songs.

[seethes with rage]

Other than that I'm curious to see what else is in the pack. Anyone know how many tracks are in it?

Apparently the Foo Fighters are playing a secret gig in my county today. That kind of thing never happens (unless it's Glastonbury Fest, which is what this event is likely about). Unfortunately there's no way into the gig for Joe Public. Pah, didn't want to see Dave bang out his dad rock anyway. Sad face.

Variety Pack VIII - $9.99

Candlebox "Far Behind"
Kasabian "Underdog" - Alt. Bass
Steppenwolf "Magic Carpet Ride"
Tears For Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" - Drop D [Rhythm/Bass]

III-V

Just what our dwindling community needs - the ban hammer! What happened?

I am still here, only a three day ban, and my first anyway... I am taking it as a right of passage after 3 years.

Anyway it was politically related topic, but I got banned for thread derail - I was admittedly way off topic, rambling and bitching about my own party anyhow.

I was actually coming back in here to say that I do believe now that your PS4 trick has significantly reduced the cracks, pops, and hiss - it is much more rare now... Thanks!

Picked up the Pumpkins DLC, ooooh by that octave tone on Cherub Rock kicks arse!

Having a lot of fun with this game and spending waaay too much dough at the same time.

Avril Lavigne Song Pack - $11.99

* Avril Lavigne "Complicated" - Alt. Lead / D Standard [Rhythm] / Drop D [Bass]
* Avril Lavigne "I'm With You" - Drop D [Bass]
* Avril Lavigne "My Happy Ending"
* Avril Lavigne "Sk8er Boi" - Drop D
* Avril Lavigne "When You're Gone"

Kingbrave

I don't like her music either but you can learn something from anything.

I'm not saying that just because I won the songs for free.

Maybe.

I'm guessing next week will be a 90s Mix II pack featuring Tonic "If You Could Only See" which will take us to 999

I was about to say 'Tonic? I've not heard of them, are they a hip new band the kids are into' before noticing the '90's'. I presume it's a radio song I'll recognise when I hear it.

I can do a 90's pack if they finally give us some Screaming frickin' Trees.

Edit - The Toymachine Was Right (twice) Pack of the 90's

Eve 6 - Inside Out (meh)
Hole - Violet - insta-buy for me. Yeah, Courtney is an arse but I used to love that album.
Tonic - If You Could Only See

in terms of music games it's big, but it's not a top 40 artist. I think some people will be happy and others won't!

Hmm... not sure why they would even go the route of not adding a top 40 artist for the milestone. There goes the chance of it being the mythical Nirvana pack then.

Was Elvis top 40? If not that's my guess.

Isn't it time the top 40 was refreshed? The original is two or three years old now.

III-V

it's not about DLC it's about their addition to the Rocksmith catalog (998 songs)

Also the Top 40 is from 2015 but it's been the same Top 40 across music games since 2005 ;)

Fucking what?

Nobody has given a flying shit about Skid Row for about 30 years. That's their big 1000th song pack? What an anti-climax.

Top Bottom