• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

yes! i skipped the game on the ps3 because it was a shit show and even though i got it for PC i never got around it even after just installing some mods for it to look good and what not.

I don't get it. One guy says SO is coming to PC and everyone assumes it's true? Another random could post tomorrow and say Uncharted 4 is coming to PC. Are we going to believe that as well?

Why? All of the DLC included, mod support, and enhanced graphical fidelity?

That is more than enough content for a $60 purchase if you're a console player.

Nah, a GOTY edition of a game that's five years old sure as shit ain't a good value at $60. Are you fucking with me? I can get all of those things on PC for like five bucks and change. It'll have to veer well into remake territory for me not to laugh off a price point like that. I mean, I get where you're coming from, but I can't stress this enough. Selling a game I could get for 5 or 10 bucks right now on one platform, for $60 on the new shiny platform, that'd be a fucking insult.

Dabanton

If it's full price they can fuck off.

$20 and mod support and I'd be open minded to it. As I didn't get into the main game as much as I wished. I did a hell of a lot of exploring though.

icespide

Banned
wouldn't you rather have new stuff? every times there's a rumour about what a studio or ip there is always someone clamoring for the same shit they played last week with better textures. It's boring.

I'd like both. it's not like a remaster existing makes a new game not exist

Illucio

Banned
Why? All of the DLC included, mod support, and enhanced graphical fidelity?

That is more than enough content for a $60 purchase if you're a console player.

Obviously it doesn't make sense for PC users, but that's not relevant here.
Depends on what that "enhanced fidelity" is.

And the reason why mod support is up to question is how mod support would even work out. Is it limited? Can I have Thomas the train rain from the sky as a mod? That's more what I mean, what would a upgrade necessarily cover to Warrent full price.

Edit: and non-Bethesda made ports are known for having glitches that are never fixed. Oblivion for ps3 with the shivering isles has a major glitch where you can't cure vampirism for example.

Simo

I don't get it. One guy says SO is coming to PC and everyone assumes it's true? Another random could post tomorrow and say Uncharted 4 is coming to PC. Are we going to believe that as well?

Well I mean he was vetted and verified by an mod/admin so yeah? Why wouldn't we believe him? Plus shinobi said a remaster would be Bethesda's conference and we know his track record and it's safe to say he was talking about Skyrim.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I put a lot of hours into the PC version... not sure I want to get back into it.. but cool none-the-less... I fucking loved Skyrim.

ZiZ

will it support all the old mods? what's the point of higher res textures if you can't have Macho Man Randy Savage Dragons.

Teletraan1

Banned
Was there a lot of fog in Skyrim? I hope not because I am not looking forward to another 15fps debacle from this incompetent studio.

Apples and oranges, MS has been putting their games on PC, Sony never does.

daman824

It better either be $30, have mod support, or have fallout 4 level assets. It's 3 years into the new consoles lifetime, I want to believe they took that time to significantly improve it.

I would pay through the nose for a great Morrowind remaster. If they are doing Skyrim at least add co-op. Give me a co-op scrolls game for the love of god.

MMO doesn't count.

Maxey

Based on what measurement?

Hours of enjoyment? Content? Fidelity?

Or just he fact that you personally have played it so personally value it less?
Game is almost 5 years old and you can get it super cheap everywhere else by now. $40 is a reasonable price for a remaster of Skyrim, specially when Bethesda doesn't need to recover from the investment of making it from scratch anymore. It's a price point that won't drive people away from it as well.

Simo

It better either be $30, have mod support, or have fallout 4 level assets. It's 3 years into the new consoles lifetime, I want to believe they took that time to significantly improve it.

This was a bit of no-brainer though and not too much of surprise, especially since Bethesda said they ported Skyrim on to the current gen of consoles in the very beginning of Fallout 4's development.

MattyG

Banned
RIP Skywind project? The goalpost will probably move to remaster-level visuals.
I really doubt it'll be markedly better than the ultra texture pack on PC (which I'm assuming they're using for Skywind). Even if the remaster is a bit better looking, they won't ditch all that work.

icespide

Banned
Game is almost 5 years old and you can get it super cheap everywhere else by now. $40 is a reasonable price for a remaster of Skyrim, specially when Bethesda doesn't need to recover from the investment of making it from scratch anymore. It's a price point that won't drive people away from it as well.
but they could sell it for $60 and make more money

Top Bottom