• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First look at Watch Dogs 2’s new protagonist

Which iconic clothing item would you most like to purchase on uPlayFashion?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mit-

I can dig it. Little heavy on the accessories but I'd say it's a realistic design for a young guy.

First dude looked like a perv.

Really the big problem with Aiden was the writing and not so much his look, so an image isn't going to tell me if they improved that or not. Aiden is up there with Rico for most dislikable game characters, and at least Rico wasn't the playable character in those games.
His look for his default outfit wasn't bad but if you anything else on he just looked like trash. It was like they weren't aware they were dressing a mid 30's man in a twenty year olds clothing.

Banned
Leaked screenshot of the Watch Dogs 3 Protagonist:

nuDDXMO.jpg

Some preorder thoughts. What about two shoulder bags or rucksack with shoulder bag. Would also like a silver chain hanging from his jeans.

Lady Gaia

It looks like someone got irritated at all the complaints about Aiden and decided to show us they really could do worse. I hope that doesn't hold for the rest of the game, too, as Aiden's appearance was the least of its problems. Is it too much to want some semblance of what appealed to me about the concept to actually make it into the series?

Euron

You know, I said there would be zero chance of me buying the game if Aiden was still the protagonist but this design alone might be as much of a turn-off. It's so laughably bad that one could make the assumption that this is simply a parody. And Ubi might even try to run with that excuse.

It sold a shit ton of copies (9 million+), a second game was a lock.
There were very few games out at the time and zero games released during its window. Plus, despite the downgrade, there was a significant amount of hype behind the original as it was one of the first new IP's of the generation.

/Pukes.

Aidenn pearce looked so much better.

This is a seriously damning indictment of the new guy, then, because LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GUY

• Unless you're actually in a baseball game, a baseball cap is a mistake
  • WHAT IS THAT COAT. Just leaving it hung up by a single strap? It's like the world's shittest cape. This prick thinks he's playing Tuxedo Mask in a gritty remake of Sailor Moon.
  • That jumper is just a tragedy. Looks like a cardigan from the bottom, and as we all know, only the most memorable video game characters dare to wear cardigans. A tragedy that spirals into full-on depression by the time you reach the top with its off-kilter zip, and goes full Romeo & Juliet when you notice the sleeves that end AROUND HIS FINGERS. No. Just stop.
  • Dad shoes and dad jeans. Serviceable but like... wouldn't something a bit more aerodynamic work? This fucker was not designed with his actual activities in mind. It's like they said "ok he's going to be hacking stuff, outside" and so they made sure he was wrapped up nice and warm whilst looking like he's commuting, or something? There's like several bad aesthetics going on at once with this guy. "Incognito" probably being one of them (and the one they pull off the worst).
  • Face scarves aren't cool.
  • Haircut. Get one.

My point here is that shitty character design was already lapped up once. You have only yourselves to blame, people.

Brofield

Given the game, it's SUPER meta to leak the info, right? It's like Mr Robot, but reeeeeeeeal.

Completely underrated post needs recognition for making me laugh.

Honestly, dude looks like my friend without the bandana over his face. But I think it's possible he could be Asian too. What's the ethnicity of this motion capture dude?

dealer-

That's marketing for ya. And kids... kids telling their parents they want something. Must be. It was literally one of the worst games i've every played.

I really enjoyed it, loved Chicago and the side missions and online. Main story was shite, but that was expected.

Jawmuncher

This is a seriously damning indictment of the new guy, then, because LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GUY

• Unless you're actually in a baseball game, a baseball cap is a mistake
  • WHAT IS THAT COAT. Just leaving it hung up by a single strap? It's like the world's shittest cape. This prick thinks he's playing Tuxedo Mask in a gritty remake of Sailor Moon.
  • That jumper is just a tragedy. Looks like a cardigan from the bottom, and as we all know, only the most memorable video game characters dare to wear cardigans. A tragedy that spirals into full-on depression by the time you reach the top with its off-kilter zip, and goes full Romeo & Juliet when you notice the sleeves that end AROUND HIS FINGERS. No. Just stop.
  • Dad shoes and dad jeans. Serviceable but like... wouldn't something a bit more aerodynamic work? This fucker was not designed with his actual activities in mind. It's like they said "ok he's going to be hacking stuff, outside" and so they made sure he was wrapped up nice and warm whilst looking like he's commuting, or something? There's like several bad aesthetics going on at once with this guy. "Incognito" probably being one of them (and the one they pull off the worst).
  • Face scarves aren't cool.
  • Haircut. Get one.

My point here is that shitty character design was already lapped up once. You have only yourselves to blame, people.

You know no one really complained about his design. If you go back through the reveal threads and others if my was never a big point of discussion. His backlash was after the fact since a lot of people just didn't like his characters personality.

Doc_Drop

Wait what? That´s a hipster now?

He´s just a regular ass guy.

Chill a bit

Yup (edit: by yup I'm agreeing with you - I just read it back and it didn't come across that way). The glasses are a bit much but everyone seems to be wearing them now. Jeans aren't great but whatever.

Probably a good few thousand people look this way everyday in my city, and I thought that was kind of the point right?

Top Bottom