• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Screens From Telltale's Game of Thrones

Nzyme32

I think the complaints about the graphics are hilariously ridiculous.

It's a bloody telltale game. Since when did they have to be so perfect? This meant to be running on everything from mobile to PC. I couldn't care less about what styles they have chosen or what assets don't look so hot

Graphically this is hideous in my opinion. Just flat out ugly.

But its Telltale and GoT. I'll be shocked if the game is anything less than incredible.

Alex

Looks better than I figured it would. It's a solid marriage of the likenesses and design of the show and Telltales style.

Herne

It definitely looks drawn more than rendered, with the graphics style accounted for in things like their hair.

jblank83

Look at her profile. Obvious artist smudging. Not clean lines. These are not computer generated.

I see what you mean. Some sort of filter isn't out of the question. Skyward Sword has a similar "painting" filter. Could also be a touched up target render.

But I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
That definitely looks doable on current gen hardware.

Look at AC Unity, Ryse, Infamous etc.

How folks can view that image and not think it's drawn is beyond me. Look harder.

Why is this game using TV character models for book events?

Why wouldn't it? The actors from the TV series is how people picture these characters now. I'd find it jarring if they looked different.

Plus, the books have sexually explicit content with characters who are underage. The TV show deliberately sidestepped that by ensuring that all the characters were older.

It's not pedantry, they are different titles for a reason. "Game of Thrones" is owned by HBO, any property using that title is going to be licensing the HBO series.

I did not know this.

COME ON PEOPLE, THE GAME WAS OBVIOUSLY GOING TO BE BASED ON THE TV SERIES. READ A BOOK ONCE IN A WHILE, YEAH? GOOD GRIEF.

We told them, eh, Basileus? The mooks!

I read the books as well as watch the show.

I have Zero problems with them using the shows likeness for characters, in fact I think it will be a better product because of it. Consumers are familiar with the characters having those specific looks and having them look differently could take the general consumer out of the experience.

Choomp

Banned
Not a fan of the show, but Telltale is my favorite so I can't wait. Kinda like how the visuals seemed to have lost some of the comic book look to 'em, while that's probably just me though.

Fonds

The first thing they shouldn't have done is make the characters look like they do in the tv-series.

The second thing they shouldn't have done is involve the main story line.

The third thing they shouldn't have done is using that god-awful engine.

The fourth thing is that they should do all of the above to make a shit-ton of money.

Eidan

That's not really a fair point considering it's more marketable to call it Game of Thrones instead of Song of Ice and Fire due to name recognition.

Come on. It's pretty moronic to think a game called "Game of Thrones" would some how not be look or take place in the world seen in the show. I mean, if you knew the game was called Game of Thrones, did you think that HBO would just be fine with there being no aesthetic similarities with their hit television series?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That's not really a fair point considering it's more marketable to call it Game of Thrones instead of Song of Ice and Fire due to name recognition.

There were a couple 'Game of Thrones' titled games (Strategy & RPG) that were based on the book universe, but that was a few years back.

Peff

There were a couple 'Game of Thrones' titled games (Strategy & RPG) that were based on the book universe, but that was a few years back.

The RTS was called "A Game of Thrones". The RPG was actually show-licensed ultimately, it had the theme song and even some actor cameos.

Just lost a lot of interest. Would have suited a different look really.

Plus, I'd much prefer stories involving new/other characters than the ones we see every episode of the show. It's just setting itself up for comparisons and criticism.

They should not have bothered with that Borderlands junk and put more resources into this.

Damn, I was hoping this would be in some alternate universe or maybe some time in the past, so that the game could take place at King's Landing and deal with the big political stuff. Don't really want to play as some insignificant member of some insignificant house set in the present time in show/books. :/

crmetteer

I don't care how it looks, I just want it to run well. I just finished Walking Dead Season 1 on ps4 only to find out about a save bug when importing to season 2 that changes some of your decisions. If TellTale wants people to keep buying their games, they need to get their act together.

HowZatOZ

Banned
If this is following the tv show from season 3 I most definitely won't be playing. Unless the episodes are scheduled to come out after each show than I might, but not really keen to get spoiled.

It looks all right and it will probably look a little better in motion.

Also, it'd be nice to get a ASOIAF game that's decent for once. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom