• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Joker origin movie will feature a young, bullied Joker with a permanent smile

Dynomutt

Wonder Woman was a fluke all due to the wonderful Patty Jenkins. Success will not translate out of that property. DCCU deserves zero success moving forward and as far as I'm concerned can fail miserably in every aspect and I will find glee in their sorrow.

They have no idea what to do with any thing. DC offices right now...
AAEAAQAAAAAAAArRAAAAJGRiZjQ3NTg1LWQ5YmQtNDkyYS1iZTE3LWQ4NjJmNDc5OWNmYw.png

Next up, Harleen Quinzel: School Daze. The story revolves around her time at college. She explores the new world away from home and her roommate, Ivy..😃🔫

Neophant

Oddly, this reminds me of the Streets of Gotham comic by Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen where the Joker as a kid was explored, or at the very least hinted at when the older version ends up lashing at the man who abused him when he was younger. Not sure about the permanent smile thing, though, but the whole idea of a dark origin tale does sound promising. Too bad I don't think Todd Phillips has the writing and directing chops to make it work.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
How does one mess up the Joker? I didn't think it was possible. Until Leto and... whatever this is...

Not only that, they got everyone's favorite tomboy beanpole to play his mistress.

but does Gordon have a beer and cheat on his wife?

(this is for the old folks)

I blame you two for my unfortunate return to this masterful piece of film critique:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/11793

Bobby, have you ever had the privilege of meeting the ginger wunderkind?

---

On topic, this movie sounds like it's going to be very dogshit-esque.

I'm of the opinion that either all the DC rumors are simultaneously true, or they're all simultaneously false. There's so much smoke here that suggests either a deliberate screen, or a complete dumpster fire.

It will start out as "mage" because he's a huge harry potter fan

It will say "AMA" because he's a bullied teen always surfing the internets.

Nothing makes someone more menacing and scary than learning exactly what made them menacing and scary.

This seems horribly misguided.

The Joker doesn't need a backstory...

and if he has one, it's the Killing Joke one.

Much like Hannibal or Michael Myers, less is more. You don't need to explain shit to keep him interesting and scary. In fact, adding more layers to him and trying to explain why he is the way he is actually diminishes him.

Omadahl

Banned
Is this real life? Holy hell. If I took a wheelbarrow full of amphetamines and fell down a flight of stairs, I could come up with a better plot.

Dierce

This won't ever go into production like 80% of DC films announced by WB. I don't know why they do it, maybe some tax write-off scheme.

Top Bottom