• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Playstation 4 To Release On 22nd November In Europe

I could see a promotional 'launch' thing taking the heat off the Xbox launch a little bit, but I could also see online pre-orders going out early doing that too. It'd be insane for shops to have to get all their stock ready so quickly.

ec0ec0

aBKmpgO_460sa.gif

it couldn't have been better.

agm2502

I really don't think this 'Game' announcement is anything to get excited about, they are just a retailer so it is strange how they would know any Sony announcements that aren't known by media outlets, no one else is teasing an announcement today. This is probably news on a trade in offer or something.

Edit: Seems it was nothing to get excited about.

lefantome

The answer is

240px-Leslie_Knope.jpg

just asked to the local clerk who is well informed and told me to prepare for shortages...everything has been preordered for a long while.

I've just called a friend who works at GameStop here in Italy. He says at his store they don't know anything about this but he thinks the user could have misundestood another kind of messaging they're sending out right these days: they require everyone who has to trade in consoles and games to get PS4, to bring them at the store no later than the 22th, one week before the console launch over here.

So, maybe that guy thinks he'll be able to get his PS4 the 22th, while he only has to bring in his console/games.

I've just called a friend who works at GameStop here in Italy. He says at his store they don't know anything about this but he thinks the user could have misundestood another kind of messaging they're giving our right these days: they require everyone who has to trade in consoles and games to get PS4, do bring them at the store no later than the 22th, one week before the console launch over here.

So, maybe that guy thinks he'll be able to get his PS4 the 22th, while he only has to bring in his console/games.

This seems like the most likely explanation.

John_B

Checking the internal site of a nordic electronics retailer. They only mention that they can go ahead and sell the next-gen games already even though the systems are not yet available.

Also they don't expect much demand for the Xbone games.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
if it means anything my original guaranteed delivery date was december 12th, but just yesterday it was moved up to 29th november

Vizzeh

Banned
Game are calling me next week to arange to come into store to discuss what accessories and games I want..they plan on asking us to pre-pay so we can just walk up to the till, show receipt and walk out without queues 'get gaming quicker' scheme.

They tried this with ghosts and were out of the shop for 12:40..not everyone pre paid then and theres likely more ghost games than ps4 consoles, so it should be a quick affair

CozMick

Banned
Good news if true, A cross platform launch night that has the chavs preparing to mug people distracted and attracted to the more expensive xbone while I slip away quietly away from the city centre with my ps4.

Hixx

Can't believe anyone thinks this will be true.

Online retailers are beginning to process Xbox One orders this weekend, nearly 2 weeks before launch day! If the PS4 launch is going to be bigger, do you really think they'd announce it this late? It'd be a nightmare for retailers.

Mr Moose

Is this really happening??? Oh gawd! Please let it be trueeee!

Probably not true but we can dream. I've already got Ghosts for PS4, so meh, bring on my Killzone bundle.

I have to say I don't understand the two week delay in Europe really.

Me neither. The additional 250k units won't make much of a difference IMO, I really think they should have just gone for a global (minus Japan) launch on the 15th with whatever they had.

Vizzeh

Banned

Primary reason has to be logistics and console production. But constantly hearing rumours that playstation pre orders are being brought foward.. talk nownof phase 3 guaranteed before xmas

nib95

Banned

Ensuring plenty of stock for both the US and EU? Plus a somewhat tactical manoeuvre to ensure Microsoft release in the gap between the two launches? That way they have the launch gain in the US (where Sony need it) but give the launch gain to Microsoft in the EU (where Microsoft need it), so they're both happy instead of trying to one up each other in the launch release date race.

Audioboxer

I've always thought if the stock is ready, do it. Or at least give retailers permission to sell early if they have their stock.

Raist

Banned
Ensuring plenty of stock for both the US and EU? Plus a somewhat tactical manoeuvre to ensure Microsoft release in the gap between the two launches? That way they have the launch gain in the US (where Sony need it) but give the launch gain to Microsoft in the EU (where Microsoft need it), so they're both happy instead of trying to one up each other in the launch release date race.

But a 2 weeks delay is nothing compared to the amount of time they've been producing and shipping that stuff. It's not like they're shipping everything they got to NA till the 15th and then start shipping to the EU. In other words, there should most likely already be a sizeable stock of consoles in EU.

shouldn't there be government intervention before riot and civil war happen as 2 fanboy sides go at each other during the midnight queue. lol

Sanke__

Its probably to give them extra time to finalize how many consoles are going to the US vs Europe through the holiday and to just put as many as possible into the US on launch day.

Cobano

Neo Member
In Sweden Sony still hasnt given any official date for the Killzone bundle (just game and system). I've had it preordered before it was announced, called my gamestop yesterday and they still dont have a set date for the thing. Frustrating as fuck.

Sethos

Banned
In Sweden Sony still hasnt given any official date for the Killzone bundle (just game and system). I've had it preordered before it was announced, called my gamestop yesterday and they still dont have a set date for the thing. Frustrating as fuck.

In Denmark, the distributor Sony made a deal with has only allowed 3 major outlets to carry the PS4 and those places are pretty much sold out. So if you've pre-ordered ANYWHERE else you are pretty fucked, as those places need to find different outlets to get their PS4.

So I'm not even sure to be getting a PS4 this month =/

Krisprolls

Banned
In Denmark, the distributor Sony made a deal with has only allowed 3 major outlets to carry the PS4 and those places are pretty much sold out. So if you've pre-ordered ANYWHERE else you are pretty fucked, as those places need to find different outlets to get their PS4.

So I'm not even sure to be getting a PS4 this month =/

Then again, why would you live there ?

Finland says the Killzone bundle, that only comes with the game, comes out 2 weeks after the initial release date.

And we dont get the 2 Dualshock + Killzone bundle at all :/

Plasma

Banned
I doubt they would change the release date this close to launch, would be great to get it a week early though.

Top Bottom