• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link:

f618ca9b227105918ff1b5dd579e25812a81e3a3a492d48d2fd30d8158148266_1.jpg

Seems legit /s

Saying his uncle worked at Nintendo would have been a better excuse.

The Bowser Jr "contradiction" doesn't mean diddly fuck. They could've easily just changed the name for a new version.

He's had that name for over a decade, why on earth would they suddenly decide to change it?

Imagine if instead of Princess Peach we get Princess Toadstool in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. That's basically what you're suggesting happened.

Kyzer

Banned
Ok now i think its fake. If thats really the leakers story

1) how would he know how many people got this supposed email from Nintendo?

2) why would Nintendo just send it to him for having a switch registered without making him sign a bunch of ndas and things, you think they dochub'd some random fan a copy of the nda and just included it in an email along with the game hoping for the best? Lmao

timshundo

So someone posted more stuff here. Including himself playing the game in a short video.

https://ifunny.co/tokai

Looks legit??

OK wait stop keep this guy separate from 4chan leaks which are #teamreal. My dude. MULTIPLY BLENDING MODE when shopping screens onto glass with reflections!

Actually we don't even need to go that far. Look at them fingernails. UNTRUSTWORTHY NAILS.

royox

If the rumour is real I'm 0 hyped for the same game I already own...AGAIN.

"But the DLC"

I already have them, thanks.

XandBosch

He's had that name for over a decade, why on earth would they suddenly decide to change it?

Imagine if instead of Princess Peach we get Princess Toadstool in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. That's basically what you're suggesting happened.

I mean yeah, I suppose - but why would that be such a big deal? The fact that the Switch is region free and Smash is a game in the competitive scene might have something to do with it.

I guess I'm just saying that I wouldn't point to that as a reason these might be fake. Things can change.

13ruce

Banned
Adventure mode please.... Smash 4 really needed that but instead got a dumb board/run game mode.

But this is probably fake.

If it is fake (likely) it is well done. I would like this leaker to make some fake pikmin and Animal Crossing switch leaks because I just want to dream :p

LOL that guy is actually trying to gain some fame with this good leak/fake by doing his own shitty fakes. Come on, people. Anyone can take a screen/video of Smash Wii U and put it on the Switch screen via hidden browser.

That "screenshot" is from a 4 player split screen Smash run mode. Look at the timer in the center. Obviously Toon Link should be in the same place in both quadrants, it's the same screenshot.

This is actually the most convincing (or most meticulously crafted) thing in this set of images: notice the subtle rotation on the models and the background parallax between the two camera perspectives.

It would be worthwhile to do an asset comparison of the Paper Mario stage to anything that might have been lifted straight from Color Splash. I don't know if I'm ready to call this either way (though Bowser Jr. is a red flag), but it's almost too selectively a set of screenshots that would instantly identify this as a complete SSB and distinguish it from both the 3DS and Wii U (notably in its focus on 3DS content remade in HD) while not including anything that we'd expect to be simultaneously pushed in the marketing, like the return/inclusion of the DLC characters. But it's probably not far conceptually from what we'll really get.

Highlighted the contradictions : can't be neither a Japanese version nor an English version: using the wrong conventions

"Leak" screenshots: Bowser Jr., 1P

Original game:
Japanese (Left): Koopa Jr., 1P
English (Right): Bowser Jr., P1

Either it's fake, or the source is lying about getting all the screens from the same place for a japanese magazine.

This is well spotted: it's exactly the kind of slip that a hoaxer whose strength is as a graphic artist might make.

If the rumour is real I'm 0 hyped for the same game I already own...AGAIN.

"But the DLC"

I already have them, thanks.

The game isn't made for you
It's made for people who didn't have a Wii U or 3DS or had one or the other.

The complete edition

Snes mute city in HD hype

I mean yeah, I suppose - but why would that be such a big deal? The fact that the Switch is region free and Smash is a game in the competitive scene might have something to do with it.

"Reggie: 3DS was region locked since we thought people like their games to be translated"

I mean, I'm pretty sure Capcom keeps Balrog/Vega/Bison discrepancy in SF5 despite it releasing on region free hardware and being competitive oriented, but if they don't, someone please correct me.

I don't think Bowser Jr discredits the entire leak. It could be a screenshot from the western version, for all we know.

The next screenshot shows the Japanese numbering for the characters (1P vs P1), so it looks like they aren't from a western version. It's possible that the two screenshots are from different versions but I'd say there's a very slim chance of that.

Probably fake, but a Switch version of Smash with all of the 3DS and Wii U stages and modes mixed into one, with all the DLC and added new characters and stages, is so obvious I bet this is exactly what Nintendo is working on.

Neiteio

This is actually the most convincing (or most meticulously crafted) thing in this set of images: notice the subtle rotation on the models and the background parallax between the two camera perspectives.

It would be worthwhile to do an asset comparison of the Paper Mario stage to anything that might have been lifted straight from Color Splash. I don't know if I'm ready to call this either way (though Bowser Jr. is a red flag), but it's almost too selectively a set of screenshots that would instantly identify this as a complete SSB and distinguish it from both the 3DS and Wii U (notably in its focus on 3DS content remade in HD) while not including anything that we'd expect to be simultaneously pushed in the marketing, like the return/inclusion of the DLC characters. But it's probably not far conceptually from what we'll really get.
Even if there were shared assets from Color Splash, that wouldn't really disprove anything since Sakurai has recycled assets straight from the source in the past

Wait, something is off about that Yoshi screenshot. Shouldn't there be a rainbow trail behind the egg? It just looks solid green.

Wait, something is off about that Yoshi screenshot. Shouldn't there be a rainbow trail behind the egg? It just looks solid green.

That screenshot just looks far too clean overall to me. Not even during photo/pause mode do the backgrounds, platforms, moving characters and items look that clean usually.

That screenshot just looks far too clean overall to me. Not even during photo/pause mode do the backgrounds, platforms, moving characters and items look that clean usually.

Not to mention that the actual layout doesn't seem to be tailored towards Yoshi's abilities. It looks too basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom