• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilyadig

You know what? Fuck it, I'm team real! I love falling for this shit. It turns me on. When you find out it's fake it's like a big sense of relief, but when it's real, it makes you say " Oohhhhh shhhhhiiiiiiitttt!". Let's do this!!

made me lol

we all just want to believe

L Thammy

what is reality, when you think about it
if the fake screenshots exist, aren't they real in some sense
what if life is just a giant smash hoax and we're the fake ones

Neiteio

what is reality, when you think about it
if the fake screenshots exist, aren't they real in some sense
*meanwhile, in space, a race of rigorously logic-driven robots planning to invade the Earth read L Thammy's post on their spy computers, and faced with a philosophical conundrum, they fritz out and self-implode, thereby making L Thammy the unknown savior of mankind*

Peltz

Smash and fake leak have a good history too

EN4HU7Ql.jpg
Lol. This is funny.

Nanashrew

Banned
I'm wary of these leaks. But could it be possible it's from the same person who leaked the 3DS UI and Duck Hunt Dog on 4chan back in the day?

EDIT: Oh... It's already confirmed fake?

L Thammy

*meanwhile, in space, a race of rigorously logic-driven robots planning to invade the Earth read L Thammy's post on their spy computers, and faced with a philosophical conundrum, they fritz out and self-implode, thereby making L Thammy the unknown savior of mankind*

what if a race of rigorously logic-driven robots in space that are planning to invade the Earth are the ones who are creating the smash hoaxes to sort out their philosophical conundrum about the dividing line between real and fake

neilyadig

Why would they go through all the trouble of making a fake leak, only to fuck up the fonts?

Seems like the easiest thing to get right...

Neiteio

what if a race of rigorously logic-driven robots in space that are planning to invade the Earth are the ones who are creating the smash hoaxes to sort out their philosophical conundrum about the dividing line between real and fake
*meanwhile in space, another race of logic-driven robots, also planning to invade Earth, read L Thammy's musings about the first race of logic-driven robots having created the Smash hoaxes to settle their dispute about the nature of reality... and in reading this, the second race also questions the nature of reality, and explodes, their spacecraft spinning out of control and colliding with the first race's spacecraft, destroying them... and making L Thammy the savior of Earth, once more*

BELIEVE

L Thammy

The best thing about the Rayman hoax was that you had Smash Detectives on the case who couldn't find any solid evidence that it was fake. Like ShockingAlberto going through footage of the fake select screen and the real one frame by frame to see if they matched up.

Later you had people saying "it was an obvious leak I knew it was fake the moment I saw it", but I'm 99% sure that those guys were just saying that based on their desire for the leak to be false than any actual evidence. It was a good leak because it fooled the people who knew the most.

It'd be awesome and horrifying if this is another leak that survives the Hardcore Smash Nerd Inspection. Looking at this thread, people are suspicious, but it's far from conclusive...? I haven't read every page.

Neiteio

I learned from the Little Mac = Shulk business that people will see evidence of falsehood even when there is none.

Point is, who knows.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Wait guys....

Using 3ds models makes sense. Sakurai designed them that way to be more easy to see in the small 3ds screen.

With switch being a hybrid, making sure portable mode is adequate is a limitation.

He hence 3ds models.

#teamreal

georly

I'm posting here so i can document my thoughts:

I think it's more likely to be real than fake. It's a lot of work, really well-made, and of pretty boring stuff to fake (but likely stuff that would appear in a goty edition of smash 4).

If it's fake, there's only circumstantial evidence pointing toward that. Nothing definitive. It's also one of the better fakes i've seen. It's still entirely possible it's fake. I just don't think it's that easy to declare it as fake as some people are willing to do (those that forgot the DHD/Shulk leaks, i guess?).

I'll take the riskier bet and say I think there's a good chance this is real - you guys can take your easy bet and say this is fake. Gloating about being right doesn't make you as cool as you think it does - especially when you instantly label every leak as fake. Of course you're going to be right most of the time.

mazillion

Wait guys....

Using 3ds models makes sense. Sakurai designed them that way to be more easy to see in the small 3ds screen.

With switch being a hybrid, making sure portable mode is adequate is a limitation.

He hence 3ds models.

#teamreal

But the switch screen is still way bigger than the 3ds. They had the optimize the models on the 3ds version for the original size, not even the XL, and at 240p as opposed to the Switch's 720p.

L Thammy

The real reason that this leak is fake is because Smash 4 Deluxe will include Sakurai's #1 most wanted character, James Bond.

7Th

There is a real leaker, who posted the pictures exclusively on 4chan, and a fake leaker trying to discredit the first leaker for some reason. You guys are gullible as fuck.

Neiteio

The real reason that this leak is fake is because Smash 4 Deluxe will include Sakurai's #1 most wanted character, James Bond.
He'll shake hands with the other fighters in the hospital at the end of each match, too, as per Miyamoto's original desired ending to Goldeneye

J@hranimo

Banned
The best thing about the Rayman hoax was that you had Smash Detectives on the case who couldn't find any solid evidence that it was fake. Like ShockingAlberto going through footage of the fake select screen and the real one frame by frame to see if they matched up.

Later you had people saying "it was an obvious leak I knew it was fake the moment I saw it", but I'm 99% sure that those guys were just saying that based on their desire for the leak to be false than any actual evidence. It was a good leak because it fooled the people who knew the most.

It'd be awesome and horrifying if this is another leak that survives the Hardcore Smash Nerd Inspection. Looking at this thread, people are suspicious, but it's far from conclusive...? I haven't read every page.

Hardcore Smash Nerd Inspection.

This shouldn't be this funny 😂

boiled goose

good with gravy
But the switch screen is still way bigger than the 3ds. They had the optimize the models on the 3ds version for the original size, not even the XL, and at 240p as opposed to the Switch's 720p.

Sure but the style with clear outlines will still work better on a smaller screen. And now we can see it doesn't look bad in HD.

It can be fake, but 3ds models to me is not proof it's fake. If anything, it would be a weird choice for a fake leak to use 3ds models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom