• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia has asked Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan to send their troops to Syria

A senior Russian lawmaker says Russia is negotiating with two Central Asian nations about sending their troops to monitor a cease-fire in some areas of Syria.

State-owned RIA Novosti news agency on Thursday quoted Vladimir Shamanov, head of the defense committee at the State Duma, as saying that Russia has asked Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, two former Soviet republics, to send their troops to Syria where Russia is backing President Bashar Assad. Shamanov said no firm decision has been made yet.

Russia's envoy to Syria earlier said Russia and Iran would send their troops to monitor "de-escalation zones" in Syria and that other countries might join them there.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/22/latest-official-russia-proposing-monitors-inside-syria.html

JZA

Seems to me like sending troops to monitor a cease-fire is like sending hookers to monitor your no-fap week.

Putin must be offering those goverments a lot of money to put deaths in Syria. Just look at Yemen. Saudi Arabia put the money and missiles and UAE the casualties.

Protome

Seems to me like sending troops to monitor a cease-fire is like sending hookers to monitor your no-fap week.

It works well because you have another outlet? I don't think your analogy works unless you completely misunderstand the purpose of a hooker.

antonz

Its actually a common thing that can work very successfully. Of course that's when its Neutral forces. Putin is basically sending his cronies in and we know how well Russia honors and enforces ceasefires.

Top Bottom