• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SaGa 25th anniversary livestream on Dec. 14 (NicoNico)

L~A

Looks like Square-Enix is having a special livestream for the SaGa series 25th anniversary. It'll be broadcast on NicoNico on Dec. 14 (account is required).

Link to the stream: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv197730641

Here's the planning (times are JST, check out the NA and EU times below):

11AM to 5.50PM: walkthrough of the first SaGa game;
5.50PM to 6PM: little break;
6PM to 8.10PM: main show, where they'll talk about the series and more. Looks like there'll be even live performance by Kenji Ito.

Guests:

Dogma Kazami (MC)
Romancing SaGa (from Famitsu?) (MC)

Akitoshi Kawazu
Tomomi Kobayashi
Kenji Ito
Some Dengeki Online journalists

Time:

EU: 3AM (Part 1) / 10AM (Part 2)
UK: 2AM (Part 1) / 9AM (Part 2)
NA (East) : 9PM Day-1 (Part 1) / 4AM (Part 2)
NA (West) : 6PM Day-1 (Part 1) / 1AM (Part 2)
Japan: 11AM (Part 1) / 6PM (Part 2)

Part1:
t1418522400z0.png

Part2:
t1418547600z0.png

L~A

Timing is certainly interesting, since they never gave any date whatsoever. But I'm not sure a new SaGa game would end up on console... then again, it's Squeenix, so who knows what they got in store... provided they announce a game at all.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I wonder if the new non-remake PS4 title would be related to this. I'm hoping for The Last Remnant 2 personally.

IIRC, they just talked about consoles, and I think that by consoles they meant home and handheld devices. I'm pretty sure about the first part, less about the second, though.

Pooya

Whatever they do hopefully it's not some collaboration with a horrible developer (hint:Access Games) again. I think I would take some mobile remake over a horribly made game like Drakengard 3 that kills all hopes and dreams forever.

L~A

IIRC, they just talked about consoles, and I think that by consoles they meant home and handheld devices. I'm pretty sure about the first part, less about the second, though.

Isn't Squeenix that publisher putting handhelds in the same category as home consoles in their financials? Something funny like 'HD platforms or whatnot'.

Oregano

This could be on any system but I do feel the need to point out that when Kawazu first mentioned a 25th anniversary game he was also talking about how much of a market force the 3DS was. It could have been totally unrelated but a 3DS game is a definite possibility.

mao2

That's right. Matsuda only said console but didn't specify whether it's home or handheld.

finch

Unlimited Saga HD ReMix

...for iOS/android

While it's not what i want out of this thing, Unlimited Saga on mobile would be the perfect platform for that game in particular, more than any Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. See, Unlimited Saga isn't bad, it was just way ahead of its time.

Links_fantasy

Please release the SaGa PS1 games on PSN in the West, their already on the Jpn store and have been for years. Also Romancing SaGa as a PS2 classic as well, it could be a way to get people refamiliarised with the series, before a new entry.

I'm down for a new console SaGa game.

After listening to Re: Birth II -Sen- battle arrangements of Romancing SaGa and SaGa any announcements for a new arrange soundtrack on any of the SaGa series would be welcome as well.

Definitely related to this: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/0...asy-legend-25th-anniversary-new-announcement/

SaGa (AKA Final Fantasy Legend) and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles creator Akitoshi Kawazu, but he recently spoke to 4Gamer during their end-of-year developer talks, and revealed that Square Enix be making a new SaGa announcement in 2014, to commemorate the series’ 25th anniversary.

Kawazu also said:

“I felt that Monster Hunter showed me the true powers of the Nintendo 3DS.”

Bardiche

We are in need of a new SaGa game.

Hopefully it will be for consoles but I wouldn't mind a 3DS release.

I doubt they would make a AAA SaGa game with KH/FF budget.

A 3DS game is more likely.

Anyway, I don't think they'd announce a SaGa game in a livestream. At least not if they planned a localization =P

Teknoman

I dont want a AAA SaGa game. I just want one with a nice watercolor aesthetic for consoles and a Kenji Ito soundtrack. Maybe with some Hamazu tracks for mecha enemy battles.

If Romancing SaGa 4 or some new SaGa game is on consoles and composed by Kenji Ito...and manages to release outside of Japan, i'll explode.

I'll be joining in said explosion.

Saga has always been a series that was equal to the FF games back in the SNES/PS1 era.

Needlecrash

A new SaGa game will be much appreciated. As long as it isn't ANYTHING like Unlimited SaGa then I'm good (to me, Unlimited SaGa was the worst game in the series).

A new SaGa game will be much appreciated. As long as it isn't ANYTHING like Unlimited SaGa then I'm good (to me, Unlimited SaGa was the worst game in the series).

If it's like Romancing Saga 2 or 3 then we're golden. 2 for the descendant part, 3 for the business and army segments

Square2015

Sweet. I've really come to appreciate this series. I bought Romancing SaGa 3 for my SNES (repro) and it's become one of my favorite games. The composer was amazing, he created such epic enigmatic atmospheric pieces. SaGa Frontier 1 is pretty good too.

Out of curiosity how would GAF rank the series?

Something like:
1. RomSaga 3
2. SaGaFrontier 1
3. RomSaga 2
4. SaGaFrontier 2
5. RomSaga 1
6. FF Legends III
7. FF Legends II
8. FF legends
9. Unlimited saga

Mpl90

Yeah, SaGa is probably going to be announced this week. Despite the interview on Dengeki PS, I wonder: PS4, Vita or 3DS?

L~A

Yeah, SaGa is probably going to be announced this week. Despite the interview on Dengeki PS, I wonder: PS4, Vita or 3DS?

PS4-only. Mark my words.

Squeenix seem to have decided to put all its eggs in the same basket this gen. Let's just hope it does end up working for them.

Edit: hmm... missed the multiplat comments. Oh well, guess we'll see soon enough.

zeromcd73

It will no doubt be on PS platforms, and judging from the directors tweet it will be multiplat:

河津秋敏@SaGa25kawazu
サガシリーズは最初がゲームボーイ、次にスーパーファミコン、
それからプレイステーション、プレイステーション2と、それぞれのハードの専用ソフトとして作られて来ました。
でも、時代は変わって、マルチに出すのが当たり前になりました。

The Saga series for started on the gameboy, then the Super Famicom, after that it went to PS1, PS2, all of which were exclusive at the time of release.

But times have changed, and the obvious thing to do now is release it multiplat.

So it should be either:
PS4/PS3
PS3/PSV
PS4/PSV
PS4/PS3/PSV

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Completely forgot about that. Is there any chance this could make it outside Japan?

I think the fact that's it's not by a larger developer means that the chances of publishers like Atlus, Xseed and NIS grabbing the game would be higher. Let's hope. That game looks promising.

So excited about this but not sure if I can watch this yet. Might be busy

Mpl90

It will no doubt be on PS platforms, and judging from the directors tweet it will be multiplat:

So it should be either:
PS4/PS3
PS3/PSV
PS4/PSV
PS4/PS3/PSV

Given that tweet, it should certainly be multiplatform. I wonder if 3DS could be one of the platforms (something like PSV/PS4/3DS) just because of what Kawazu said back last year.

koutoru

My first guess would be a release on PS4/PSV but I guess it could also just as easily go PS4/PS3 like Dragon Quest Heroes did.

GunBR

I bet it's a handheld game

I hope that at least it's a PS4/PSVita game and not a PSVita or 3DS exclusive

Top Bottom