• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

San Diego Chargers plan to announce that they are moving to Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee-Row

Banned
New logo
C1-653wUkAALS-F.jpg

Is that going to be on the helmet?

MikeRahl

Spanos could've totally paid for a stadium, but I get the point and agree.

Spanos is probably one of the few owners that couldn't pay for a stadium. Most of his networth is tied to the Chargers. He has to loan money from the league to pay for the relocation fee and get the right to be a second banana to the Rams and pay rent to Kroneke.

Don't understand the fascination with moving to markets that don't give a shit about teams and will fail to fill seats or even have the local population watch your games.

Gurrry

Hey we could use another team in Texas. As far as the raiders go, San Antonio is probably where they could go if not Vegas, but id love to see a pro team in Austin (but it will never happen).

We wanted the Rams. No one wants the Chargers. The Chargers are just going to be a NFL version of the Donald Sterling era Clippers for us.

They are going to tank the market with this crap. Let the Rams get their shit together and get the new stadium built. Let them build up the fandom, and then see if we can support two NFL teams.

Sephzilla

Hey we could use another team in Texas. As far as the raiders go, San Antonio is probably where they could go if not Vegas, but id love to see a pro team in Austin (but it will never happen).

The Raiders would already have that built in color synergy with the Spurs

Bread

Banned
Yeah, Qualcomm Stadium is a dump and is a good 40 minute drive from downtown San Diego. It was a bad stadium when I went to go watch John Elway and the Broncos play in 1998 and it was a dump when I went to watch a preseason game against the Packers in what was Aaron Rodgers first preseason.

It's location certainly didn't do any favors for fans all over San Diego county.
i drive from downtown by qualcomm every day it isn't a 40 minute drive, closer to 10. the location definitely isn't an issue.

Feel sorry for the fans and children who won't have a NFL teams anymore. That really sucks. I find it funny how California needs more teams in there life.

California's major sports teams:
- 5 MLB teams
- 4 NBA teams
- 3 NHL teams
- 2 NFL teams

Spoiled much?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Feel sorry for the fans and children who won't have a NFL teams anymore. That really sucks. I find it funny how California needs more teams in there life.

- 5 MLB teams
- 4 NBA teams
- 3 NHL teams
- 2 NFL teams

Spoiled much?

California has 4 NFL teams right now.

Bsigg12

- 5 MLB teams
- 4 NBA teams
- 3 NHL teams
- 2 NFL teams

Spoiled much?

49ers (San Francisco)
Chargers (LA - Carson)
Rams (LA - Coliseum)
Raiders (Oakland - for now)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as a European that mostly watched Football (as in Soccer), the idea of a team relocating is completely baffling to me.

Nobody in LA or OC really wants the Chargers to be honest. They are going to really struggle to fill a stadium.

Fuck Spanos. Fuck Kronke.

Terrible situation. RIP San Diego Chargers. Your fans deserved much, much better.

Didn't SD fans vote down a measure in Nov to approve paying for a new stadium with tourist hotel tax dollars? If so, why is this the Chargers fault for doing everything they could to stay, but simply cannot continue to play in one of the worst stadiums in the country? What is their alternative? My understanding was there really wasn't any.

smoothj

Spanos just got his office egged.

I can't root for an LA team, it's sacrilegious as a native San Diegan.

Oh well I guess this clears up my Sundays during football season. My fiance will be happy. I'll just be a casual fan from now on.

Bread

Banned

- 5 MLB teams
- 4 NBA teams
- 3 NHL teams
- 2 NFL teams

Spoiled much?
Pro tip: They have so many teams because a lot of people live there

HvySky

Didn't SD fans vote down a measure in Nov to approve paying for a new stadium with tourist hotel tax dollars? If so, why is this the Chargers fault for doing everything they could to stay, but simply cannot continue to play in one of the worst stadiums in the country?

Because Spanos is a greedy fuck who wanted San Diego to pay for the stadium instead of fronting the bill.

ReAxion

Nobody in LA or OC really wants the Chargers to be honest. They are going to really struggle to fill a stadium.

Didn't SD fans vote down a measure in Nov to approve paying for a new stadium with tourist hotel tax dollars? If so, why is this the Chargers fault for doing everything they could to stay, but simply cannot continue to play in one of the worst stadiums in the country? What is their alternative? My understanding was there really wasn't any.

He chose a location nobody supported tied to a convention center annex nobody wanted and he's too poor to be a legitimate NFL owner. He has to take out a loan for the fucking relocation fee ffs.

Ronin Ray

Jerry Jones will do every thing in his power to make sure that never happens.

LA already rejected the Rams with abysmal viewer ratings, how on earth do you think they'll be able to split that already low engagement with yet another team?

Ice cold.

LOL!

But there is truth there. Moving to Seattle from San Diego, I now know what a very strong fan base is really like. The Chargers always felt like an afterthought when I was in SD, not something a lot of people live and breathe.

If they had to go, the Chargers should have gone to a city that is hungry for a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom