• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound (XB1/PC, 2017) Xbox E3 Briefing 2016

Raylan

Banned
Scalebound Xbox E3 Briefing 2016

SCALEBOUND E3 GAMEPLAY TRAILER. Check out the first multiplayer co-op gameplay footage from Scalebound, the next great adventure from critically-acclaimed developer PlatinumGames and renowned game director Hideki Kamiya. XBOX ONE & WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE | COMING IN 2017. Learn more on Xbox.com.

Wow..... :/

Ken

Scalebound looks like they tried to merge gameplay from 3-4 games into a single clunky mess.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I was never a fan to begin with but this really didn't impress me. I suspect I'm just not the target market. To each their own

Neff

Game looks great but I wish the guy would shut up.

It's gonna be weird playing a PG game while someone literally tells you how to play it.

For a Kamiya title, it seemed really lacking in energy

I'm sure it'll be good but yeah it seems to lack his propensity for speed and flashiness. The dialogue in his games always sparkles too, but here it's very flat and literal. It feels like they took the Westem AAA recommendations they sought from MS very much at face value.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That looked pretty goddamn boring and uninspired.

Also, yea totally, let's not ride around on this sweet dragon, but let's shoot a bow!

The Boat

Not very exciting to watch, but looks like it could be great. Monster Hunter where you fight with dragons by your side , sounds good to me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Biggest boss we ever made at Platinum" ... Really?
*looks at Jubileus and Jergingha* Really?
Come on Kamiya...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
By making it multiplayer and stats based, it's just gonna turn into one big grind and spam fest.

By having gear checks, these games lose the finesse and sensibilities which Platinum games are known for.

Im so tired of these games where they show you a bunch of action that looks so generic and LOUD. It's a lame attempt at looking exciting or meaningful but it feels numbing.

It was the same with the Final Fantasy demo. Here's a huge enemy, and look at my character do all these awesome moves.

Raylan

Banned
Main character looks horrible, voice-acting is terrible, music......ugh

Maaaaan Platinum, WTF? :/ It really looks and sounds horrible.

Looks unfun to play. Not what I'd expect from Platinum at all.

Between this, Drakengard 3, and Lair, I'm becoming disillusioned with the whole flying dragons concept.

Atilac

I liked the idea of a bayonetta game with a giant monster friend with possible loot and 4 person coop. I don't find the monster hunter-ness particularly exciting :(

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Why do all these japanese games have to be so cringe inducing? FF XV had the same problem, and to a lesser degree, Tekken 7. Its like the dialogue was written for 10-year-olds.

Top Bottom