• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound (XB1/PC, 2017) Xbox E3 Briefing 2016

I wanted it to focus on Dragon synergy like previous videos but I guess E3 needed something different.

Boss looked quite boring.

Graphically, I thought it looked fantastic. Had a great scale to it, and reminded me of the Final Fantasy demo on the scale factor.

Freeman76

Looks like a Chav walked into Jurassic Park with his beats on and a toy crossbow. WTF are they thinking with this concept?

mrmickfran

I've never seen a Kamiya game get these kind of reactions.

The Wonderful 101 also had lukewarm reception in its initial, but at least it had some charm.

sora87

That was just not compelling at all, main character didn't look in danger at any point and the combat looks pretty boring :(

KarmaCow

Further proving the rule that absurdly massive boss fights are usually terrible. No room for fine movements when the boss's attacks are the 5x larger than the player.

I'm pretty sure I won't see anything else that good for the rest of the week. Shut it all down.

Edit: People know this is an action RPG and not a "stylish character action" title...right?

It looks alright. Seems like they fixed up some of the framerate issues from the last demo, which is good. However, for one of PG's games, it just looks sort of dull gameplay-wise. Maybe it will be way more fun to actually play it than watch, similar to Xenoblade and the Souls games, but who knows.

silva1991

I can't believe animations are still rough and identical to last year

I will probably buy this day one because I love Platinum, but that boss fight was boring as hell.

huge mantis fight from last year showcased the combat better.

I would rather have a beautiful, high budget Monster Hunter. I doubt this will have the kind of weapon variety and everything else I love about MH. I'll reserve judgement until I see more, but man was that demo underwhelming.

No idea why they'd focus on the guy shooting arrow instead of the others slicing and dicing. Still excited since the game is pure wish fulfilment for me but that was not the strongest showing.

Dascu

The pacing seemed so slow and disjointed. 3rd person bow shooting, light hack-n-slash against stationary targets and floating around as a dragon. Interrupted with little cutscenes and boring banter.

I hope it's really just this segment and other parts of the game have a better, faster and more dynamic tempo.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm a Platinum fan. Loved Bayo, W101, and even Star Fox Zero.This... yeah I'm not impressed.
I hope Nier turns out good at least. Maybe Nintendo has them working on something new as well.

Dark_castle

Platinum Games exposed. This was...underwhelming, better than FFXV's, but it's still pretty bad.

More specifically, I don't like bow/ranged combat all that much, which is why I don't care for Horizon Zero Dawn. The melee combat also looks pretty average.

KiraXD

Is there any point to owning an XB1 anymore? Im trying to figure out why i have one. i have PC and PS4... and got XB1 for all these exclusives (Quantum Break, Scalebound, ReCore, Gears of War)

But now, none of those games are exclusive. so MS straight up lied to me. This looks okay... but not nearly as good as the reveal... and now its not even going to justify having an XB1.

Im seriously confused as to the purpose of XB1 anymore.

When you have so many possibilities in the arsenal, you stick to a shitty bow? At least infuse the arrows with something. Lost Planet 4 looks meh.

Kamiya, what are you doing? This looks terrible. And the main character is horrible. enough to kill any interest I could have in this game.

Varjet

That boss reminded me of
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ghjrw.jpg

Ploid 3.0

After seeing the FFXV demo and this, this reminds me, will GOW be shown at Sony conference. They usually do good trailers and boss fights.

Top Bottom