• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scary parts in games that aren't meant to be scary

tommib

Gold Member
I’m not sure From Software was aware they were making the scariest survival horror section back in 2009 when designing 3-2.

QBkIHjj.png
Totally!

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: SHA
any boss in a game ! I fucking hate bosses man!
they look cool , buttfuck do I hate them!
they kind of scare the shit out of me , just look at Hollow knight or Bloodborne!

Those fucking frogs in Dark Souls when you have been cursed, walked miles to fix it and are then back there again in the Depths. ‘SHIT, SHIT, SHIT!’ - while you try and get out of their clouds.

There’s a boss in Demons Souls too who can de-level you with a certain attack - horrific after grinding to be able to take him on.

Last edited:
As someone has mentioned before, pretty much the N64. I don't know whether it was due to fog being used so much that it made everything look like Silent Hill but games like Majora's Mask were just really disturbing. I actually found it more unsettling than Resident Evil. It was like a surreal dream which is best way to describe a N64 game

FewRope

Shadow of the Colossus where you fight the colossus that is underwater. You're just floating in this giant lake and this massive colossus is swimming underneath you.

SC12_4.jpg
This and the music when you are swimming. It's legit terrifying

Top Bottom