• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer thinks that SNL is being mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Heh.

On Sunday, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer spoke to “Extra's” AJ Calloway exclusively at the Super Bowl in Houston.

The White House press secretary gave his take on Melissa McCarthy's impression of him in a surprise "SNL" skit, in which McCarthy poked fun at his tightly wound demeanor in press conferences.

Explaining that he'd first heard about the sketch while leaving church Sunday morning, Spicer said his texts had been blowing up so much he thought there must be a national emergency.

Spicer told "Extra" exclusively he felt the impression was a little exaggerated. His advice was that McCarthy "needs to slow down on the gum chewing; way too many pieces in there." Though he thought it was a really "funny" show, he felt that McCarthy "could dial back" a bit.

Last night, Alec Baldwin was back as President Trump as well. As for what he thought of Alec’s portrayal of the President, Spicer had the same feelings as the Leader of the Free World, calling it “mean.” Spicer said, "Alec has gone from funny to mean, and that's unfortunate. 'SNL' used to be really funny. There's a streak of meanness now that they've crossed over to mean."

http://extratv.com/2017/02/05/white...-spicer-reacts-to-melissa-mccarthys-snl-skit/

Boo-fucking-hoo

Elizabeth Denton said:
Wait I'm sorry SNL is "mean" @seanspicer? Pretty sure what the White House is doing to immigrants/minorities/LGBTQ ppl is a little "meaner"

MnEbddm.gif

Ri'Orius

Parody is humorous until you become the subject of the jokes.

He seems like he's being a good sport about the impression of him. He's saying it's the Trump mockery that's mean.

'Cause, y'know, if he didn't just repeat whatever his boss's opinion is on the matter he'd likely be fired.

He's such a dork I can't believe he didn't make a yo mama joke about McCarthy. Yo mama so fat she voted twice for Hillary VOTER FRAUD

"mean!" "sad!" "bad people are very happy!"

Did the people in this administration develop long term memory issues after they were 6 and couldn't retain any new vocabulary or something?

Busty

Banned
If the idea that SNL keeps the Donald Trump presidency up at night isn't proof that we've all been incepted I don't know what is.

Alec has gone from funny to mean, and that's unfortunate. 'SNL' used to be really funny.

If by 'used to' he means 25 years ago, sure.

Korigama

Last night, Alec Baldwin was back as President Trump as well. As for what he thought of Alec's portrayal of the President, Spicer had the same feelings as the Leader of the Free World, calling it ”mean." Spicer said, "Alec has gone from funny to mean, and that's unfortunate. 'SNL' used to be really funny. There's a streak of meanness now that they've crossed over to mean."
Cry more, bootlick.
"There's a streak of meanness now that they've crossed over to mean."

Someone get this guy a thesaurus.
I rather doubt that anyone in this sorry administration even knows what a thesaurus is, or even how to spell it.

Lyndon Johnson said:
“It is part of the price of leadership of this great and free nation to be the target of clever satirists. You have given the gift of laughter to our people. May we never grow so somber or self-important that we fail to appreciate the humor in our lives.”

The Smothers Brothers: Laughing at Hard Truths https://nyti.ms/2kyus6B

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The administration has the most incompetent pr and spin operation in history and their fans can't tell. And don't care.

Enco

I feel like all this hate is just going to make Trump and co double down on everything and go even more extreme.

"Fuck em, we won't win them over. Let's screw them even harder. They need to pay for this"

Argyle

I feel like all this hate is just going to make Trump and co double down on everything and go even more extreme.

"Fuck em, we won't win them over. Lets screw them even harder. They need to pay for this"

Isn't this already happening?

Aselith

"Fuck em, we won't win them over. Let's screw them even harder. They need to pay for this"

Yeah they were going to be easy with it before lmao

"Fuck em, we won't win them over. Lets screw them even harder. They need to pay for this"

We already know he holds grudges and has vendettas. Who cares? Fuck him. If we're stuck in this shit for 4-8 years anyway, we might as well do everything we can to make his life a living hell.

I hope SNL goes even harder. I hope everyone does.

RPGCrazied

If they do something really extreme he will be removed from office, that simple. We don't have kings or dictators in this country, even though Trump is trying his hardest to be one.

Surfinn

Damn liberals and their thin skin. Everything is so PC now, can't we even tell jokes anymore? Back in my day we could say X..

Oh.. wait..

Explaining that he'd first heard about the sketch while leaving church Sunday morning, Spicer said his texts had been blowing up so much he thought there must be a national emergency.

There is. His boss is president.

caliph95

It feels like Sean Spicer is fine with it but is probably forced to say mean because he doesn't want to contradict trump.

royalan

I don't know what offends me more, that this administration is still wasting time on SNL...

Or that Sean Spicer has the gall to go to church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom