• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. All those pics and stories are so heartbreaking and scary.

Is all of these shameful behaviors worth it for the sake of 'Making America Great Again'?

Stay safe, minority US-Gaf.

Stonewall, a gay bar in Orlando got a call early this morning with a man saying that "Trump is president now; your gay bars are no longer safe."

This in the city that endured the Pulse massacre.

Crosseyes

Banned
The country showed up to the polls and voted for this.

This bloodshed has been asked for, no, democratically demanded by the electorate.

Between those who voted for and those who were willing to stand beside those voting for the escalation of racial conflict the violence will grow. Ballot or the bullet as great leaders once said, and the ballot has failed minority rights.

We can work towards a direction to try and improve things peacefully with the next elections but for now, defend yourselves. The country just said minorities are the enemy.

What can I say folks? Let's just hope this is a night of fervor. And not the start of something worse. I fear that the unrest and division boils over. We can only hope laziness and indifference trumps whatever this is.

I'm going to sleep, I'll be praying for all of you in the States.

Keep safe.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
While the video needs context, the Twitter you're sourcing from is a trump supporter

Sorry, I don't know how to directly link to a video. Sadly have to put the twitter url where i found it from. As always, avoid the shitty comments below the video/etc

Laiza

I'm just going to lay low until all of this blows over.

It will blow over. It has to. The violent assholes will finish taking out their anger on each other and the rest of us will move on as best we can.

Speely

Banned
It tells as that this video is going to be used as justification for the alt-right white supremacists.

They don't need any justification. They already know what they want. Whatever they do will be things they were just waiting to do anyway, and if not, they are smart enough to not react to shit like this knee-jerk fashion (unlikely.)

Kinsei

Banned

grimmiq

Yeah this is going to get more and more fucked up.

Guy builds his campaign on racism and gets elected. Racists feel emboldened by this and step up their game, minorities who've already been downtrodden feel there's no high road to take anymore and resort to violence. Racists see minorities performing violent acts and respond in kind.. violence leads to violence leads to violence leads to violence...

This is day 1, things are going to get a lot worse in the next few months.

While the video needs context, the Twitter you're sourcing from is a trump supporter

So is the poster.

Like how the video is also in response to tweets of abuse by Trump supporters. This whole thing is fucking stupid.

Fuck these kids, fuck the Trump supporters that abused the people in the OP and further along in the thread, fuck us for letting it get this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom