• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seinfeld is the Unfunniest Sitcom of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheeZee

Neo Member
Yz1xq.jpg

hilarious, one of my favorite episodes

scoobs

just caught an episode on TBS.... the man massage episode. Dear god I still laugh out loud even though I pretty much know every single word.

Concept17

I didn't like Seinfeld much when I was younger. It was slightly enjoyable then. The older I've gotten the more I enjoy it. Once you understand the sense of humor, it just kinda clicks. George and Seinfeld conversations are gold. Pure gold.

Also, why do so many people choose either Friends or Seinfeld? They're both awesome.

harmonize

Been a few weeks, but:

Wasn't until Bee Movie came out (same guy, same humor) that I came to accept that the show really was genuinely unfunny except for a handful of gem episodes.
This remains the only post I've ever read concerning Seinfeld that's made me feel like posting that overused gif.

I'm usually pretty understanding when it comes to different opinions on things, but it will always blow my mind that there are people out there who don't like Seinfeld. I mean I'm not naive enough to think everyone will like it but it hurts to hear that some people just don't get it's humor. Like, I genuinely feel bad for them that they don't get to enjoy one of the greatest comedies ever. It is seriously the funniest show of all time for me. Also I very rarely rewatch an episode of a show I like, even if I love the show, but I must have seen each Seinfeld episode multiple times, with only a couple of episodes that I won't rewatch in the entire series. I started watching it when I was younger though and didn't realize I wasn't supposed to like the characters as people until much later in life, but the effect is still there in that I still like them a lot, does this make me a bad person?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
uoXqT.jpg

It is just as you prophesized! The planets of our solar system, incinerating! Like flaming globes, Sigmund! Like flaming globes!

Carcetti

Seinfeld 4ever!

It's strange, if I had to rank the characters it would be like...

1. George
2. Elaine
3. Jerry
4. Kramer

... but Kramer still has the best moments, the pig-man, the bus-driving, the aids walk... Maybe I can just take Kramer in small doses.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Wanted to bump this thread, as I'm starting to watch Seinfeld. When does the show get funny again?

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Wanted to bump this thread, as I'm starting to watch Seinfeld. When does the show get funny again?

Season two is good, but season 3 is when it really hits it's stride. If you get to the limo episode and you don't think it's funny then you should quit.

Davey Cakes

If you complete Season 3 and the show does nothing for you, then just quit.

It's weird that a guy with a Louie C.K. avatar might not enjoy Seinfeld. I enjoy Louie's comedy and his show, and I think Seinfeld is gold. I also like Curb, which Louie is similar to in some ways.

That said, Seasons 1 and 2 of Seinfeld are mediocre. S3 and even more so S4 are when it picks up, big time.

JCizzle

For pretty much all of high school I had the George answering machine message as my voicemail with my name recorded over his. I really want to being it back, but doesn't look the best if a professional contact calls :(

dojokun

Banned
For pretty much all of high school I had the George answering machine message as my voicemail with my name recorded over his. I really want to being it back, but doesn't look the best if a professional contact calls :(
Just put it on your dating phone but not your main phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom