• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

Ultimadrago

oh god, why was one of the first things I thought of while in the dressing room "why can't I grab their butts & jiggle that around"

........then the 2nd thought being "I wonder what each girl's reaction to being kissed is?"

............then the THIRD thought being "...can I kiss her in other places??"

what am i doing

Zonic asking the tough questions!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Thank god at the secret arts being VASTLY improved. After seeing them once in the other games, I'd just skip them. Here, they're much faster & don't ruin the flow of battle with those cut-away cutscenes.

That's already one thing I'm digging over SV.

& maybe it's just because I'm playing it on a TV (a 43" to be exact, upgraded from a 32" a month ago), but man, the characters in cutscenes feel like they're waaay too close to the screen. Probably just the presentation, as it feels more "normal" when it zooms out to show about 4 or more at once.

Labrys

Has anyone had experience contacting xseed for things regarding replacements and the like? I finally opened them and one of my cards has a printing error, I wanted to see if I could get it replaced.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WTF, I've lost twice now on the 2nd mission on the first day. ON NORMAL.

There's some actual difficulty this time around, it seems.

Edit: OH NO WONDER THEY CAN DO THEIR DAMN SUPERS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY COMBOS. This is becoming much more annoying than t should be, on the NORMAL DIFFICULTY.

Edit: OH NO WONDER THEY CAN DO THEIR DAMN SUPERS IN THE MIDDLE OF MY COMBOS. This is becoming much more annoying than t should be, on the NORMAL DIFFICULTY.

Yeah, this is actially what contributes to the feeling of slapping the air around characters, instead of attacking them... If I hit somebody who is idle, he or she is supposed to stagger. 90% of fights in senran kagura are slap fights where both players are attacking each other simultaniously, until one of them reaches the knock away hit. No visual feedback to those attacks actually connecting...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They need to replace Miyabi's current hairdo with the Emo cut, because hooooly shit does it look amazing on her. Looks like a totally different character! :O

Eolz

Probably missed it, not sure if it was posted already, but apparently those are the characters replacing the Ikkitousen characters in the west, if you look in the leaderboards:

A0MeR7p.png

Probably missed it, not sure if it was posted already, but apparently those are the characters replacing the Ikkitousen characters in the west, if you look in the leaderboards:

A0MeR7p.png

Just give them to me, XSeed!! I don't care if they're not from Ikkitousen. I just want there movesets. Even if they don't have voice acting, or character art.

Just purchased this on a whim online, that and to test how amazon prime delivery was at my school, and I got the festival staff cards. I take it those are rare since no one really seems to have gotten those.

FHIZ

Yeah, it's worth it to level up your characters a bit prior to higher difficulties.

But you're right about the combo thing, just seems like a staple of Tamsoft action games. Feels a little less annoying to me here than Onechanbara, which also had barely any indication of when you were taking damage.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

A0MeR7p.png

That would be pretty awesome. Would be enough to make me uninstall the Japanese version.

I just tried playing as a character called "Rin"... OMG everything is forgiven! And I thought I was going to main Murakumo!

Rin is insane. Hits as hard as Daidoji, but also seems to be mainlining amphetamines.

I still enjoy playing upgraded Homura a bit more though.

Daidouji is also playing amazingly, which kinda makes me ashamed that I only just tried her... She's basically Jotaro you can fuck... well, you can fuck regular Jotaro too, but you get what I mean...

Seriously, they play so well, I don't even notice hitboxes and lack of flinching issues I complained about before... It's like game was designed with them in mind first, and rest were then made afterwards, with half the budget each.

That would be pretty awesome. Would be enough to make me uninstall the Japanese version.

They are just so the west can play with Japan. They aren't playable and according to XSEED, they are simply using a customized Kagura model.

You can do the same actually, and keep in mind there's a tier system going on the ninpos. Level 1 ninpos can be cancelled with Level 2 or Ultimate ones, level 2 can only be cancelled by Ultimate ninpos and the Ultimate Ninpos can't be cancelled at all.

Daidouji is also playing amazingly, which kinda makes me ashamed that I only just tried her... She's basically Jotaro you can fuck... well, you can fuck regular Jotaro too, but you get what I mean...

Seriously, they play so well, I don't even notice hitboxes and lack of flinching issues I complained about before... It's like game was designed with them in mind first, and rest were then made afterwards, with half the budget each.

Daidouji is good but is noticeable inferior to her SK2 version, specially regarding Ninpos. In EV they're so damn easy to whiff that aren't worth for the most part.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How did I get two repeats in a row with the lottery despite only owning 10 of them & having a 92% chance for a new one???

& noticed I have two special missions already unlocked. For playing on Normal, what's the recommended level? Wait until I beat other missions around the same difficulty?

Also feels kind of "slower" than SV. Maybe it's that dashes now stop dead in your tracks, you don't instantly start moving after doing a heavy air attack, & such, and certain characters like Yomi feel even SLOWER now to accommodate for their heavier weapons.

A.E Suggs

More Daidouji love is always nice.

Who are they? I can't make out any of those faces. I guess that's nice that we are getting something but I'd still rather I got Kanu.

The older Shinobi are pretty awesome. Rin Daidouuji and Jazmine are insane.

The older women are some of my favorite characters, games need more characters like Daidouji. Jasmine is nice as fuck too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I feel like I could skip some of the animation in the lottery in SV, but yes, holy crap is it annoying to sit through it each time. Gonna get even worse when things drop below 50%.

There also any requirements to pull off a team aerial rave? I feel like half the time I press R1+O, it doesn't work. Maybe I should stick with the touchpad.

SDBurton

Honestly I was on youtube watching videos while mashing x the entire time during the panty lottery. Made the process much more bearable.

FHIZ

I feel like I could skip some of the animation in the lottery in SV, but yes, holy crap is it annoying to sit through it each time. Gonna get even worse when things drop below 50%.

Hot tip: Press square after you hand over your money.

Ultimadrago

Kafuru has an interesting style with her ricochet shots (better than braindead styles at least), but her specials suuuuuuuuck. Like unbearably ineffective.

DarkOneX

2 things so far I don't understand. On the main menu there is a character select, for what? No matter who you choose you play as a certain person in each mission anyway so what's the point of that? Second thing is the same thing but even more bizarre, in the mission select screen you can use R1 and L1 to switch characters, again it doesn't change anything so why is this even there?

SDBurton

2 things so far I don't understand. On the main menu there is a character select, for what? No matter who you choose you play as a certain person in each mission anyway so what's the point of that? Second thing is the same thing but even more bizarre, in the mission select screen you can use R1 and L1 to switch characters, again it doesn't change anything so why is this even there?

When you're doing missions for the first time you're forced to use the character that's the main focus of the chapter, after you've completed it you can go back and do it again with any character of your choice.

FHIZ

Random questions: 1. In the main single player menu, are all the characters supposed to be in the underwear in the background and not their bathing suits? Kind of doesn't make sense to me. 2. Speaking of bathing suits, is there a way to change what color they wear in the story? I've gone through each character and used the alt colors I prefer more and noticed there are alts of the suits too, but can't seem to figure out anyway of changing them unless I make it the character's default costume.

Bombless

I'm repeating myself at this point but Daidouji is the best. Rin a close second. Can't wait to unlock Jasmine!

Still around day 5, loving the game so much.

God damn Drago, you're on fire o_O

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
oh god, why was one of the first things I thought of while in the dressing room "why can't I grab their butts & jiggle that around"

........then the 2nd thought being "I wonder what each girl's reaction to being kissed is?"

............then the THIRD thought being "...can I kiss her in other places??"

what am i doing

Stahp

Hadoukie

I'm repeating myself at this point but Daidouji is the best. Rin a close second. Can't wait to unlock Jasmine!

Still around day 5, loving the game so much.

Dai best girl bar none, but RIn, a badass too

Game is fun. There are some annoyances here and there, but it's not interfering with my enjoyment too much. Story was ok, I laughed at some parts, and the end was sad. Love all the new characters, with Ryoki being my fav of them.

Just gotta get all the platform towers, so I can play the heart stories. Almost there, with only like 8 left.

Anyone made anything fun with diorama mode yet?

Ultimadrago

Just gotta give mah girls (Mirai & Minori) their class treatment~

In terms of story, I'm not burning through at all because of it. I've only finished Day 2. lol. It's easy enough though, so I'm not too worried about that.

Also finally got all 120 of the Underwear from the Lottery~ Can't wait to mix & match with the girls later on.

Bombless

Dai best girl bar none, but RIn, a badass too

Game is fun. There are some annoyances here and there, but it's not interfering with my enjoyment too much. Story was ok, I laughed at some parts, and the end was sad. Love all the new characters, with Ryoki being my fav of them.

Just gotta get all the platform towers, so I can play the heart stories. Almost there, with only like 8 left.

Anyone made anything fun with diorama mode yet?

I did this (obviously nsfw) thing when I unlocked the pirate costume. I just had to.

--

Grinding to lvl 50 with only day 2 unlocked? I couldn't lol

I need to up the difficulty to Normal, Easy doesn't give squat in terms of xp/zeni :(

Random questions: 1. In the main single player menu, are all the characters supposed to be in the underwear in the background and not their bathing suits? Kind of doesn't make sense to me.

It's supposed to reflect on what lingerie there wearing. If you put on different lingerie for them, it'll be different for them in the main menu.

If it was their bathing suit, it would always be their default bathing suit and it would have less customization to it.

Ultimadrago

I did this (obviously nsfw) thing when I unlocked the pirate costume. I just had to.

--

I need to up the difficulty to Normal, Easy doesn't give squat in terms of xp/zeni :(

Normal is more than manageable (for even as low as anything around like Level 2-3 for most characters that aren't your forte). If you plan on getting stuff in the store, I certainly recommend it.

Heck, I would say even move it up to Hard after a few levels, but mostly for stages you are returning to with experienced characters for Tower Hunting and the like. You can kill several birds with one stone that way.

SDBurton

--

There's a stage on Day 2 that you can farm a shit ton of XP from due to how many enemies that spawn there. Got Daidouji to 50 so fast. :lol

Top Bottom