• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September 2010 NPD "Results" [Up3: Dead Rising 2, Metroid, Kingdom Hearts Numbers]

Pooya

Road said:
The 360 has passed the Wii year-to-date if the numbers we have are true:

360 - 3.209 million
WII - 3.208 million

=P

oh snap! I thought it would happen this year but not this soon, amazing.

Kusagari

plagiarize said:
Madden 360/PS3 and maybe even Wii could be above it. Dead Rising on 360 and PS3. NHL on PS3 and 360, FIFA on 360 and PS3.

that'd push it out of the top ten and seems pretty plausible too. only someone with the numbers could say for sure whether it outsold all of those.

The gap between NHL, FIFA and KH would have to be huge for both versions of each to beat it.

allan-bh said:
C'mon Sony, enjoy the moment and share your numbers.
The problem Sony have is that even if they're at the absolute peak of where they could theoretically be, they'd still be down on last year... and that's mostly what they've focussed on in their recent PR. They could always go with the month vs month increases and completely ignore that though.

Kusagari said:
The gap between NHL, FIFA and KH would have to be huge for both versions of each to beat it.
yes. we have no idea what the gaps are. it's all just speculation. we can't say something is likely or not until we have any idea what some of the other numbers are.

plagiarize said:
we can't compare these charts to those though because they're combining software totals across platform now.

Ok but Kingdom Hearts is PSP exclusive so....they're not combining sales with other platforms. Or am I wrong?

Pooya

duckroll said:
Hey you know what this thread reminds me of? The UK sales threads! Yeah!

T_T

Hey! be fair to charttrack! not only they give us weekly combined and individual formats for top 40, they release drop percentage in sales and platform splits! there is way more info there and with some interpolation we can extract some rough numbers! check recent threads and see for yourself! NPD is completely useless.

Kusagari said:
I doubt any FIFA SKU beat Kingdom Hearts. It shipped in the last week of the month.
NHL 11 is a slight possibility for X360. I actually think Kingdom Hearts outpaced it, though.

Probably finished 4th - or possibly 5th behind Madden PS3. Great showing for a PSP title.

Vilix said:
Wii's number are higher than expected. Seriously, other than Other M there's nothing else that really interests me. Nintendo's too busy putting their A+ lineup on the upcoming 3DS.

They still have Kirby, DK, Goldeneye, Sonic, and Mickey for the rest of the year. They have an A+ game, just not until this Sunday.

B-Rad Lascelle said:
I doubt any FIFA SKU beat Kingdom Hearts. It shipped in the last week of the month.
NHL 11 is a slight possibility for X360. I actually think Kingdom Hearts outpaced it, though.

Probably finished 4th - or possibly 5th behind Madden PS3.
there's that word again 'probably'... can we back these magical guesses up based on something?

no?

carry on i guess then.

flak57

plagiarize said:
there's that word again 'probably'... can we back these magical guesses up based on something?

no?

carry on i guess then.

If NSMB WII would have cracked the top 10 with SKU breakdown, as has been stated numerous times, then Kingdom Hearts would have as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Road said:
The 360 has passed the Wii year-to-date if the numbers we have are true:

360 - 3.209 million
WII - 3.208 million

=P
The way it should be. Sorry Nintendo. I've bought some of your games but can't deny it.

flak57 said:
If NSMB WII would have cracked the top 10 with SKU breakdown, as has been stated numerous times, then Kingdom Hearts would have as well.
plagiarize is resentful at the fact that I speculated KH: BBS finished in the Top 5 when we know it definitively cleared Top 8.

Probablys are all we have left now. :(

Dash Kappei said:
This must be the second worst NPD ever.
At least April 2008 was entertaining.

plagiarize said:

no?

carry on i guess then.

It is anywhere from 2nd to 8th. Anything other than that is just a guess.

Hopefully some of the game publishers will be willing to release some numbers in the next couple of days.

seady

plagiarize said:
we can't compare these charts to those though because they're combining software totals across platform now.

I think it is harder to chart now than before because many titles are combining their sale across platforms. Even weaker titles like Mafia and SpiderMan can enter the top 10 because of the combining sales of different sku.

DR2K

Banned
timetokill said:
Arguably it only seemed to do well because we didn't get numbers to prove otherwise

A PSP game cracked the top 10, that hasn't happened since Dissidia.

onipex

I hate this new format. It really skews the data. Now every exclusive title has to outsell multiplat. titles to chart.

Waiting for more leaks I guess. Sony has no excuse for not releasing data. They could at least do a playstation family data release.

P90

Hey, NPD! You have messed up NeoGAF. The internet meltdown that could have been. The boon to the gaming industry that could have been.

vgt5w.jpg

UraMallas

BenjaminBirdie said:
Improper use of rad Fringe gif. If you're planning on bailing, it technically is your/Ethan Hock's problem.
That's not what is not my problem. That part refers to what I quoted. But if I have to explain it, it is an improper use. I agree.

p.s. Fringe is rocking tonight.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BenjaminBirdie said:
Didn't Dissidia crack in the old style? Divided up by platty?
Someone should go back to that month and make the top 10 chart in the new style. In fact, someone should do that for every month for the last 10 years.

Nirolak said:
Halo: Reach (Microsoft, Xbox 360) - 3.3 Million
Madden NFL 11 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP)
Dead Rising 2 (Capcom, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
NHL 11 (EA, Xbox 360, PS3)
FIFA Soccer 11 (EA, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Nintendo DS)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (Square Enix, PSP)
Mafia II (Take 2 Interactive, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (Activision Blizzard, PS3, 360, NDS, Wii)
Metroid: Other M (Nintendo, Wii)
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
I guess Metroid kinda flopped by Nintendo standards, didn't it?

Top Bottom